Darghai Parshaad -- don't miss this amazing opportunity

paapiman

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/08/2015 at 7:15 PM, paapiman said:

Sangat jee, please read about this amazing opportunity, which has been given to us by Srimaan Sant Baba Nand Singh jee Maharaaj Kalrenwale. This can be done, pooranmashi (full moon night) to pooranmashi.

Blessing of Sri Guru Granth Sahib was supreme and He advised everyone to invoke that blessing by completing one path of Sri Guru Granth Sahib in a month in the following manner:

• Complete recitation of the whole of Sri Guru Granth Sahib in a month.
  • Complete 50 paths of Sri Sukhmani Sahib in a month; recite 2 paths of Sri Sukhmani Sahib daily.
  • Complete 250 paths of Jap Ji Sahib in a month; recite 10 paths of JapJi Sahib daily.
  • Complete 180 Malas (Rosary Mala of 108 beads) of Mool Mantra (from Ekonkar to Nanak Hosi Bhi Such) in a month; do six malas daily.
  • Complete 80 Malas daily of Gur Mantar 'Waheguru'; 20 Malas of Waheguru if the Nam is recited four times on each bead.
  • Complete 160 Malas daily of Ram (Nam); 40 Malas if Ram is recited four times on each bead
  • A Mohammedan was advised to practice and recite the name of Allah on each bead as above.

Unquote [1]

[1] - http://babanandsinghsahib.org/maryada/dargahiticket.htm

Note: This can also be done in partnerships. For example, one can do 3 malas (in case of Mool mantar jaap) and his parent/wife/sibling can do the remaining 3 malas. If three people split it, then it will only be 2 malas daily.

Advantages:

-  It can help discipline the mind, as it will be done on a daily basis (in case of Mool mantar and Gurmantar jaap).

-  One will receive the phal (benefit) of one Sehaj Paath of SSGGSJ.

-  Even an illiterate person like me, can do it (in case of Waheguru mantar jaap).

-  One can do it at anytime and anywhere (in case of Mool mantar, Gurmantar jaap, etc).

-  If split between two people, it will only take approximately 1 hr or so.

Bhul chuk maaf

Gurmat on Mala & Counting

Mala in Adi Granth Sahib

In Gurbani, Mala is used by Pundits and Vaishno, along with Dhoti and Tika.

ਜਬ ਕੀ ਮਾਲਾ ਲਈ ਨਿਪੂਤੇ ਤਬ ਤੇ ਸੁਖੁ ਭਇਓ ਰਹਾਉ
Ever since this worthless son of mine began chanting with his mala, we have had no peace at all! ||1||Pause|| (856, Kabir)

ਮਾਲਾ ਫੇਰੈ ਮੰਗੈ ਬਿਭੂਤ ਇਹ ਬਿਧਿ ਕੋਇ ਤਰਿਓ ਮੀਤ
You chant on your mala, and beg for money. No one has ever been saved in this way, friend. ||3|| (888, Gur Arjan Dev)

ਮਾਥੇ ਤਿਲਕੁ ਹਥਿ ਮਾਲਾ ਬਾਨਾਂ ਲੋਗਨ ਰਾਮੁ ਖਿਲਉਨਾ ਜਾਨਾਂ
Apply ceremonial marks to their foreheads, hold malas in their hands, and wear religious robes. people think that the Lord is a toy. ||1|| (1158, Kabir)

ਸਾਲ ਗ੍ਰਾਮ ਬਿਪ ਪੂਜਿ ਮਨਾਵਹੁ ਸੁਕ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਤੁਲਸੀ ਮਾਲਾ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਿ ਬੇੜਾ ਬਾਂਧਹੁ ਦਇਆ ਕਰਹੁ ਦਇਆਲਾ
O Brahmin, you worship and believe in your stone-god, and wear your ceremonial rosary beads. Chant the Name of the Lord. Build your boat, and pray, "O Merciful Lord, please be merciful to me."||1|| (1170, mahalla 1)

ਗਲਿ ਮਾਲਾ ਤਿਲਕ ਲਿਲਾਟੰ ਦੁਇ ਧੋਤੀ ਬਸਤ੍ਰ ਕਪਾਟੰ
ਜੋ ਜਾਨਸਿ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੰ ਕਰਮੰ ਸਭ ਫੋਕਟ ਨਿਸਚੈ ਕਰਮੰ
The mala is around your neck, and the sacred tilak mark is on your forehead. You wear two loin cloths, and keep your head covered.
If you know God and the nature of karma, you know that all these rituals and beliefs are useless. (1353, 1)

ਕਬੀਰ ਬੈਸਨੋ ਹੂਆ ਕਿਆ ਭਇਆ ਮਾਲਾ ਮੇਲੀਂ ਚਾਰਿ ਬਾਹਰਿ ਕੰਚਨੁ ਬਾਰਹਾ ਭੀਤਰਿ ਭਰੀ ਭੰਗਾਰ ੧੪੫
Kabeer, what good is it to become a devotee of Vishnu, and wear four malas? On the outside, he may look like pure gold, but on the inside, he is stuffed with dust. ||145|| (1372, Kabir)

Mala in Dasam Granth

Quotes from Dasam Granth

In Dasam granth, Guru Gobind Singh is not seen carrying Mala and nowhere is he promoting using of Mala. In commencement of Chaubis Avtar, He had a jibe on Mala Carrying Hindus and Muslims by saying which means that with even mala no one can dyed in love with lord.

ਚੌਪਈ ਇਕ ਤਸਬੀ ਇਕ ਮਾਲਾ ਧਰਹੀ ਏਕ ਕੁਰਾਨ ਪੁਰਾਨ ਉਚਰਹੀ ਕਰਤ ਬਿਰੁਧ ਗਏ ਮਰ ਮੂੜਾ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੋ ਰੰਗੁ ਲਾਗਾ ਗੂੜਾ ੨੦

CHAUPAI One of them wears a Tasbi (the rosary of Muslims) and the other one wears Mala (the rosary of a Hindu); One of them recites the Quran and the other one reads Puranas; The adherents of both the religions are foolishly dying in opposing each other, And none of them is dyed in the love of the Lord.20.

Counting Beads is Contrary to Gurmat

Counting beads – ਮਾਲਾ ਫੇਰਨੀ, chanting with Maalaa (rosary)…

When Kabeer Sahib realized he wasted his life in Kashi (“ਸਗਲ ਜਨਮੁ ਸਿਵ ਪੁਰੀ ਗਵਾਇਆ ॥”, (sggs 326). ) by following the worthless rituals prescribed by the Brahmin / Pundit (such as counting beads – Maalaa or rosary, and so on), he moved from there. After realizing uselessness of empty rituals such as counting beads, he threw away the rosary and declared:

• ਭੂਖੇ ਭਗਤਿ ਨ ਕੀਜੈ ॥ ਯਹ ਮਾਲਾ ਅਪਨੀ ਲੀਜੈ ॥: Bhookhe bhagti na keejai. Jah maalaa apanee leejai: Bhagti (devotion…) cannot be performed while hungry (for Maya – Maya’s hunger, love of Maya…). (So) Here is Your Maalaa (rosary), take it back. (sggs 656).

The person who counts beads (ਮਾਲਾ ਫੇਰਨੀ) is full of hunger for Maya (ਮਾਇਆ ਦਾ ਭੁੱਖਾ) – totally Mann Mateeaa (ਮਨ ਮਤੀਆ-the Manmukh who lives against the Gurmat or Teaching of the Gurbani). Those who take on Maalaa are called “ਨਿਪੂਤੇ” (worthless son-ਔਂਤਰਾ) in the Gurbani, for in such worthless stubborn minded practice there can be noSukha (ਸੁਖ).

• ਜਬ ਕੀ ਮਾਲਾ ਲਈ ਨਿਪੂਤੇ ਤਬ ਤੇ ਸੁਖੁ ਨ ਭਇਓ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥: Jabb kee maalaa laee nipoote tabb te sukhu n bhaio ||1||Rahaaou||: Ever since this worthless son (i.e., mind, ਔਂਤਰਾ ਮਨ…) has taken the Maalaa (rosary), since than there has been no Sukha (Joy, ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤੀ, Gain, etc.)! ||1||Pause|| (sggs 856).

Thus, the Gurbani repudiates (Khandan) Pakhand-Baazee (deception, hypocrisy, humbug, pretense, etc.) such as counting beads (chanting with Maalaa, rosary). Such nonsense was introduced by those who purposely intended to corrupt the Gurmat (Aatam-Giaan, Knowledge, Wisdom, or Teaching of the Gurbani). Instead of correcting this mistake, unfortunately, this falsehood is not only carried on, but further propagated by the Mayadhaaree Pujaaree-Group (Bhais, Granthees, Raagees, Jathedaars, Paathees, and so on). It’s all “Golak Daa Chakkar” (money)! The Gurbani wants us to make meditation (Naam-Simran: Gur-Giaan, Shabad-Vichaar…) the rosary enshrined in the Heart within.

• ਹਰਿ ਮਾਲਾ ਉਰ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਧਾਰੈ ॥ ਜਨਮ ਮਰਣ ਕਾ ਦੂਖੁ ਨਿਵਾਰੈ ॥੨॥: Har maalaa our antar dhaarai || Janam maran kaa dookh nivaarai ||2||: (That person who) enshrines the rosary of God’s Name within the heart, is freed of the pains of birth and death cycle ||2|| (sggs 388).

But still, as seen everyday, the emphasis of most of the clergy, clerics, Bhais, Raagees, Kathaakaars, Giaanees, Parchaaraks, Sants, Baabaas, etc., is to promote religious symbols and rituals that are strongly repudiated by the Gurbani. They are totally in contradiction with the Divine Teaching (Aatam-Giaan…) and purpose of the SGGS. Why does Gurbani rejects this nonsense? Because all calculations or all calculated Bhagti is in false ego-sense (Haumai). Consider these verses:

• ਹਉਮੈ ਸਭਾ ਗਣਤ ਹੈ ਗਣਤੈ ਨਉ ਸੁਖੁ ਨਾਹਿ ॥: All accounting is in egotism. In this accounting, there is no Peace (sggs 36).
  • ਗਣਤੈ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਨ ਪਾਈਐ ਦੂਜੈ ਭਰਮੀਤਾ ॥: Ganatai prabhoo na paaeeai doojai bharameetaa: God cannot be obtained by counting; the mortal wanders in doubt — Maya, duality etc. (sggs 510).

This Giaan of the Gurbani is also meant for the Sikhs!! If we don’t believe it then we are not Sikhs. the Gurmat and Saakat-Matt are two different and opposing things. All counting is for the conditioned or material being (Manmukh, Saakat, Mayadhaaree…) for his life or world is in the realm of calculations — egoism or Maya.

There is no counting or calculations for the one who has become the Gurmukh (one who lives the Shabad-Giaan, Gur-Giaan, Gurmat…); because he knows he is not separate from God. He thus relieves himself of all egoistic or mental calculations through the constant abidance in his Joti-Svaroopa within.

So the Gurbani urges us to stop counting beads and become the Gurmukhi.

• ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਸਗਲੀ ਗਣਤ ਮਿਟਾਵੈ ॥: Gurmukh sagalee ganath mittaavai: The Gurmukh erases all calculations (sggs 942).

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 22/08/2015 at 2:45 PM, paapiman said:

Sangat jee, please read about this amazing opportunity, which has been given to us by Srimaan Sant Baba Nand Singh jee Maharaaj Kalrenwale. This can be done, pooranmashi (full moon night) to pooranmashi.

Blessing of Sri Guru Granth Sahib was supreme and He advised everyone to invoke that blessing by completing one path of Sri Guru Granth Sahib in a month in the following manner:

• Complete recitation of the whole of Sri Guru Granth Sahib in a month.
  • Complete 50 paths of Sri Sukhmani Sahib in a month; recite 2 paths of Sri Sukhmani Sahib daily.
  • Complete 250 paths of Jap Ji Sahib in a month; recite 10 paths of JapJi Sahib daily.
  • Complete 180 Malas (Rosary Mala of 108 beads) of Mool Mantra (from Ekonkar to Nanak Hosi Bhi Such) in a month; do six malas daily.
  • Complete 80 Malas daily of Gur Mantar 'Waheguru'; 20 Malas of Waheguru if the Nam is recited four times on each bead.
  • Complete 160 Malas daily of Ram (Nam); 40 Malas if Ram is recited four times on each bead
  • A Mohammedan was advised to practice and recite the name of Allah on each bead as above.

Unquote [1]

[1] - http://babanandsinghsahib.org/maryada/dargahiticket.htm

Note: This can also be done in partnerships. For example, one can do 3 malas (in case of Mool mantar jaap) and his parent/wife/sibling can do the remaining 3 malas. If three people split it, then it will only be 2 malas daily.

Advantages:

-  It can help discipline the mind, as it will be done on a daily basis (in case of Mool mantar and Gurmantar jaap).

-  One will receive the phal (benefit) of one Sehaj Paath of SSGGSJ.

-  Even an illiterate person like me, can do it (in case of Waheguru mantar jaap).

-  One can do it at anytime and anywhere (in case of Mool mantar, Gurmantar jaap, etc).

-  If split between two people, it will only take approximately 1 hr or so.

Bhul chuk maaf

Bumping this excellent topic.

What's the maryada on all this if you don't mind me asking. For example, If someone were to do 3 Sukhmani Sahib in 1 day but do 1 the next day. 

11 hours ago, Kira said:

Bumping this excellent topic.

What's the maryada on all this if you don't mind me asking. For example, If someone were to do 3 Sukhmani Sahib in 1 day but do 1 the next day. 

Paaji, it does not have to be 2 Paaths daily. You can do as much as you desire in a day or do nothing. As long as you complete 50 Paths in total, from one Pooranmashi to the next one, it should be fine.

Bhul chuk maaf

10 hours ago, paapiman said:

Paaji, it does not have to be 2 Paaths daily. You can do as much as you desire in a day or do nothing. As long as you complete 50 Paths in total, from one Pooranmashi to the next one, it should be fine.

Bhul chuk maaf

Any other parts of the Maryada I should be aware about? I already include Sukhmani Sahib within my nitnem, doing an extra one certainly wont hurt.

14 hours ago, Kira said:

Any other parts of the Maryada I should be aware about? I already include Sukhmani Sahib within my nitnem, doing an extra one certainly wont hurt.

There is no strict maryada on Sukhmani Sahib  ,it can be done anytime of the day.  All that is needed is prem. 

On 7/7/2016 at 6:37 PM, Kira said:

• Try to take Santheya of Sri Sukhmani Sahib jee (if you haven't), to ensure that your Ucharan is Shudh.
  • Before doing Path, take a shower. If that is not possible, then at least do Panj Ishnana.
  • If you want, you can do the Path with Sampat Bidhi (popular in Nanaksar Gurudwaras). It will take just a few more minutes than the regular Path.

Bhul chuk maaf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/28/2015 at 0:39 AM, paapiman said:

full moon.jpg

Dhan Guru Nanak.........toon hee Nirankaar

Reference: Sri Nanaksar Stairs to God

Bhul chuk maaf

Where in Guru Granth Sahib I can find shaloks supporting the above statement, which says that certain days in the year are auspicious and meditating on those days will be more beneficial?  Did Guru Nanak Ji said this in any of their banis? 

If you can humbly help me.

On 3/7/2016 at 0:45 AM, Ragmaala said:

good job detective . this guy just want to spam . he has no intention of learning. but they will not succeed. lol

Instead of admiring the shabads from Guru Granth Sahib, which throws light on Mala Pakhand and counting, you are just beating around the bush and considers me a spam. I may have copied the shabads from some other website but the shabads are from Guru Granth Sahib, the main source.

C'mon guys, instead of questioning my intention of learning, don't you think you should read and learn the shabads and try to accept your mistake?

Just now, akalpurkh said:

Instead of admiring the shabads from Guru Granth Sahib, which throws light on Mala Pakhand and counting, you are just beating around the bush and considers me a spam. I may have copied the shabads from some other website but the shabads are from Guru Granth Sahib, the main source.

C'mon guys, instead of questioning my intention of learning, don't you think you should read and learn the shabads and try to accept your mistake?

they did no mistake. There is no fault in counting paath. So if someone like u that doesn't count paath wud b doing 6 japji sahib paatths one day and 2

the other. Any way ur choice but can u not try to put people off something sants and gurus promoted/s. The gurbani shabads that u put forward as ur evidence u did not understand the meaning properly. U did not understand the vastness of the ocean of gian hidden within them. U just took for what u think they might mean. One shud read the whole shabad n try to understand.

I'm sorry if I hurt any1's feeling. It was not my intention.