Introduction to Sri Dasme Patshahs' Granth

chatanga1

• 3 weeks later...

Great efforts by kamalroop singh and gurinder singh mann hoping to raise collective consciousness of our community, giving a chance for rest of humanity to enjoy wisdom of sri dasam guru granth ..i really suggest people pay full price for this great work..we all need to help rebuild enrich literature framework in our community.

http://ukcatalogue.oup.com/product/9780199458974.do 

• First translations of apocryphal texts of the Dasam Granth
  • Focuses on the Sikh manuscript tradition, the relics of Guru Gobind Singh and their relationship with Sikh scripture
  • Brings to light the traditional practices of Sikh Sampradayas like the Akali Nihangs
  • Carries rare images of the Dasam Granth

This book offer new insights into the secondary scripture of the Sikhs, Dasam Patshah Ka Granth or the Granth of Guru Gobind Singh. The scripture has in recent time adopted the name of Dasam Granth and has traditionally been attributed to Guru Gobind Singh. Many studies have adopted a polemic approach and focused on the authorship of the text. This book takes a multi-disciplinary approach and considers the relationship of the scripture in terms of newly discovered manuscripts, apocryphal translations, and relics. The manuscript tradition shows how the Granth was written and compiled during Guru Gobind Singhâs time as well as transmission of the compositions onto material items such as the swords. The book also considers the compositions which were ignored by the Sodhak Committee as a result a thorough examination of these apocryphal texts has been undertaken. This is supplemented with complete translation of these compositions. 

New narratives are discussed including the relationship of the text to the eighteenth century Khalsa. This is witnessed through the traditional groups like the Akali Nihangs who venerate the text in its entirety and on par with the primary scripture Adi Granth. A consideration of the practices at the thrones of polity or Takhts shows the inter relationship and unity of both Adi Granth and Dasam Granth. The book in essence takes the reader through the history of the Sikh faith and how the Dasam Granth has a central place in this history.

Readership: This book will be of considerable interest to scholars and students of religious studies, history of the sikhs, and social and cultural studies.

To canadian readers, this book is pending release on amazon on november, they are taking pre-order here at - http://www.amazon.ca/Granth-Guru-Gobind-Singh-Translations/dp/0199458979/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1443047913&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Granth+of+Guru+Gobind+Singh%3A+Essays%2C+Lectures+and+Translations

..i be ordering mine next week.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have recently watched these two videos by Gurpreet Singh California. He has done an excellent job of presenting Sri Dasme Patshah's Granth in it's correct context and looking at how it is misrepresented. A must watch to increase your gyan about this holy Granth:

http://www.panjabdigilib.org/webuser/searches/displayPage.jsp?ID=2685&page=1&CategoryID=1&Searched=

Thanks to PDL. This site is amazing. I have found a book on here that I was after for a long time. It is called "Poetry of the Dasam Granth"

written by Dharam Pal Ashta in 1959. As you can guess from the year of publication it won't be easy to find nowadays. But from what I have read so far, it is definitely worth a look.

On 11/7/2016 at 10:54 AM, chatanga1 said:

http://www.panjabdigilib.org/webuser/searches/displayPage.jsp?ID=2685&page=1&CategoryID=1&Searched=

Thanks to PDL. This site is amazing. I have found a book on here that I was after for a long time. It is called "Poetry of the Dasam Granth"

written by Dharam Pal Ashta in 1959. As you can guess from the year of publication it won't be easy to find nowadays. But from what I have read so far, it is definitely worth a look.

Thanks. i've been looking for it also in India and abroad. PDL is amazing in many regards.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
22 hours ago, paapiman said:

Sri Dasam Granth Sahib jee's existence confirmed in a British account of 1781.

http://dailysikhupdates.com/1781-account-british-confirms-existence-dasam-granth/

Bhul chuk maaf

Good add to this topic. It has been a while since I read that account (in Siqcues, Tigers and Thieves).

• 8 months later...