Hari Ram Gupta in "Evolution of the SIkh Confederacies" has written that Abdali destroyed not only Sri Darbar Sahib but all the Sikhs building around it. If there were such a bunga at Amritsar, it may be plausible that it was destroyed at this time.

I had thought that Abdali only blew up Sri Darbar Sahib but it seems that he destroyed quite a lot more around Sri Darbar Sahib.

14 hours ago, Singh123456777 said:

Was akaal takhat destroyed?

I can't see it having escaped,, but Sri Akal Takht Sahib at this time was a much smaller building than it it now. It only had one floor. The building we are more used to seeing was built by Maharaja Ranjit Singh.

The court-writers of Abdali say that he pulled down temple of the Sikhs and their buildings around it.

What's also interesting is that Abdali pulled it down on at least another occasion. ie 1758 and 1762.

Edited by chatanga1

• 2 months later...

Another thought that occured to me regarding this Bunga is that if it were the Bunga of Sultan Ul Quam, it would have been named after him or the misl  "Bunga Ahluwalia" and there was one such bunga at Amritsar. This bunga "morali" would take the focus of "Jassa Singh Kripal" away from Sultan Ul Quam.

• 2 weeks later...

ਬਿਰਧ ਭੲੋ ਸਬ ਆਯੂ ਗਵਾਯੋ।

This line means "I grew old here spending most of my life here".

Desa Singh is saying here that he is towards his elderly years here. If he were the son of Bhai Mani Singh then I wouldn't suggest it went past the mid century mark.

• 6 years later...