Sikh art @ PARASUPARASU55

dalsingh101

and this http://www.artofpunjab.com/paintings/

Art & paintings are great in introducing children to Sikhi. As a kid, I had access to books which contained paintings of Guru Jis, 4 sahibzades & wars of Guru Saheb. Its a great way to bring Sikhi history & devotion to life.  Hope more people get inspired by Divine and create amazing art for the benefit of all.

What's interesting about the art in the Op is that I think the artist is a nonSikh?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/29/2015 at 7:32 PM, Ragmaala said:

and this http://www.artofpunjab.com/paintings/

Art & paintings are great in introducing children to Sikhi. As a kid, I had access to books which contained paintings of Guru Jis, 4 sahibzades & wars of Guru Saheb. Its a great way to bring Sikhi history & devotion to life.  Hope more people get inspired by Divine and create amazing art for the benefit of all.

Definitely agree that art is a great way to capture and introduce children, as well as teenages into Sikhi if they have not been interested in it before.

I find Instagram and social media a good way too.  There are so many images, and some with quotes, which can intrigue people.

1 hour ago, Northern said:

Many non-Sikh photographers love capturing photos from Sikh weddings and the Gurudwaras because of the vivid colours and cultural essence there. 

I think a lot of that is some form of exoticism though, especially from western Europeans.