anita-ranis-grandfathers-first-wife-killed-herself-in-india-rather-than-be-raped

dalsingh101

On 8/10/2017 at 9:47 PM, chatanga1 said:

Anita Rani has done a follow up series to her original program which aired on the Beeb last night. It is very interesting for anyone who wants to know more about partition.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0916mmk/my-family-partition-and-me-india-1947-series-1-episode-1

I saw the  first programme. The Muslim guy whose father was a member of the Muslim league in Ambala and who went with his son to see his old house showed how the well off Muslims who were the main drivers in the creation of Pakistan were able to leave safely but left the poorer Muslims to fend for themselves. There was quite a few obvious mistakes in the programme. It referred to present day Ambala as being in Punjab and it also called someone called Parkash Chand as a Sikh when he was clearly a Hindu. The Bhaiya Muslim scholar in Ambala tried to present the Muslims as the victims of partition an the massacres he referred to were the ones after the partition line had been drawn and Sikhs realised that half their population was to become dhimmis in an Islamic state. 

On 12/08/2017 at 2:53 PM, tonyhp32 said:

The Muslim guy whose father was a member of the Muslim league in Ambala and who went with his son to see his old house showed how the well off Muslims who were the main drivers in the creation of Pakistan

Yes the guy seemed geniunely shocked when he learned of the hatred towards his grandfather, who had pakistan written in big letters across his house. What the hell else did he expect? It shows a guy who is only aware of the pakistani version of partition (like 99.9%) of pakistanis. 

As for the old man, he was crying at his fathers house, yet it wasn't half as big as houses that mnay Sikhs and Hindus were forced to leave in partition. Nevermind his bloody house, look at the state of the historical Gurdwaras that the pakistanis were supposed to preserve.

On 12/08/2017 at 2:53 PM, tonyhp32 said:

The Bhaiya Muslim scholar in Ambala tried to present the Muslims as the victims of partition an the massacres he referred to were the ones after the partition line had been drawn

What book was he quoting from, I didn't catch the title.

6 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

Yes the guy seemed geniunely shocked when he learned of the hatred towards his grandfather, who had pakistan written in big letters across his house. What the hell else did he expect? It shows a guy who is only aware of the pakistani version of partition (like 99.9%) of pakistanis. 

As for the old man, he was crying at his fathers house, yet it wasn't half as big as houses that mnay Sikhs and Hindus were forced to leave in partition. Nevermind his bloody house, look at the state of the historical Gurdwaras that the pakistanis were supposed to preserve.

I agree, the ambala Muslims were very biased.  I felt the doc was very biased against Sikhs they didn't mention the many trains full of dead Sikhs and Hindus which prompted the Sikhs and Hindus to seek revenge?  Typical BBC.

11 hours ago, Crystal said:

I felt the doc was very biased against Sikhs they didn't mention the many trains full of dead Sikhs and Hindus which prompted the Sikhs and Hindus to seek revenge? 

Hopefully that will be in next weeks episode. But I don't think someone like Anita Rani would press the Sikh case at all. She doesn't seem to have any clue from her original episode of what life was like then.

On 8/13/2017 at 7:12 PM, chatanga1 said:

The book is the highly biased " The Sikhs in action"  published by the Pakistan government in 1948. The page he was reading was page 30. The whole book can be read here-;

https://ia601601.us.archive.org/12/items/in.ernet.dli.2015.71854/2015.71854.The-Sikhs-In-Action.pdf

Page 33 is interesting in that it relates to an attack by a Jatha on Qadian. What the propaganda book fails to mention that between the transfer of power on 15th August and the announcement of the Radcliffe award on 17th August Gurdaspur was widely regarded to have gone to Pakistan and as a result in those two days the Muslims of Gurdaspur district attacked the Sikhs and Hindus but when the Radcliffe award gave Gurdaspur to India the tables were turned and the attack on Qadian is the retaliation for Muslim attacks on Sikhs and Hindus during those two day.