Brahamgyanis and pain

paapiman

Actually ayone can conquer pain.  It's a matter of hypnosis or self-hypnosis.  Entire surgeries have been performed with no anesthetic, while the person was awake and was guided into a hypnotic state.  But you can do it yourself too.  People think I am nuts for this but... I hate dentists, and refuse the needle from them because I have too much issues with swelling and post-op pain (from the needle not the wactual work). (Thank goodness I don't have much dental issues) but I cracked a tooth once below the gumline from an accident, and required a root canal to fix it....I did the root canal with no local anesthetic.  I have also had sutures in a wound before without local.  (It's the local anesthetic needles I have issues with) anyway I was able to get through both things by just relaxing my body completely. I was able to get to a state where even though I felt the pain, my body did not react to it. It was like I was an observer from somewhere on the other side of the room is the only way to describe it.  Pain instinctively tells our body to react because it thinks something is wrong. The trick is to convince your body that even though it's feeling this thing, there is no actual danger.  Then it becomes just another sensation.  Not saying I can do this with major and long term pain, but these short lived ones I was able to get through without flinching or tensing up at all.  Prolonged pain would be much more difficult to do this with.  But as I said, patients have undergone surgery without any anesthetic and were put into hypnotic state and I would say that qualifies as prolonged...

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/hypnosis-no-anesthetic-for-mans-surgery/

There are even medical guidelines for it!
http://www.csh.umn.edu/Integrativehealingpractices/hypnosis/app/surgery.pdf

Bro, it is possible for a non-Brahamgyani to conquer pain, but the fact is that a Brahamgyani can conquer pain too.

Bhul chuk maaf

Paapiman, ...we all can conquer.   we all have the same minds. ...bramgyanee's mind is drenched in the paramatma completely... but it is still the same jyot saroop.

You have to try and look at everything as a whole.

To be in gurmat, you have to step towards non-dualistic. ..

When you say brahm-gyanee and non brahm gyanee...then you are creating even more dualistic dubida...in this maya world that we are already in.

That my friend, is the wrong attitude when walking towards God. We have to try and learn to stop seeing black and white. and creating excuses of this white that is black,, this is man that is woman...etc.

Paapiman, ...we all can conquer.   we all have the same minds. ...bramgyanee's mind is drenched in the paramatma completely... but it is still the same jyot saroop.

You have to try and look at everything as a whole.

To be in gurmat, you have to step towards non-dualistic. ..

When you say brahm-gyanee and non brahm gyanee...then you are creating even more dualistic dubida...in this maya world that we are already in.

That my friend, is the wrong attitude when walking towards God. We have to try and learn to stop seeing black and white. and creating excuses of this white that is black,, this is man that is woman...etc.

Paaji, Rehat Maryada has to be followed. The Singhs (Baba Daya Singh jee, Baba Chaupa Singh jee, Baba Desa Singh, etc) who wrote Rehatnamay were either Brahamgyanis or of very high spiritual states, but they made codes of conduct (which probably have plenty of black and white stuff in them) for ordinary people like me to follow. Can one accuse them of duality?

Utmost humility is the key to reach the pinnacle of spirituality. One cannot be talking/acting like Brahamgyanis, while he/she is still on the path. One must consider himself nothing or at least very low, as compared to Brahamgyanis. One should try to apply their teachings in his life, but one has no rights to change maryadas.

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman

Please stop twisting my words.. I have not challenged any maryada in any post.

I'm not even sure if you come on to this forum to learn or not. When the Waheguru is inside you and around you,  then why can't you make an effort to get close to him if you really want to know some answers?

You need to find out for yourself what dualistic means for you and why you think Waheguru put it here.

Sukhmani sahib explains who the brahmgyannee is and it also starts of by giving you hints who the person that does wahegurus simran is.  There is a difference... it gives enough guidance of where one should start.

I'm sorry but I'm not going to keep repeating myself to someone who behaves like a one-man army and refuses to try and listen or learn.

My posts were written above to make you put some dhyian on subjects and at least try and contemplate for yourself. But if you replied in a few minutes, then that was either because you are extremely smart and know your sikhi or just out of ignorance.

Many members come on here and learn from each other, advise each other..,.help each other...... we don't come on here to be fobbed off and get spiritually drained.

Please stop twisting my words.. I have not challenged any maryada in any post.

I'm not even sure if you come on to this forum to learn or not. When the Waheguru is inside you and around you,  then why can't you make an effort to get close to him if you really want to know some answers?

You need to find out for yourself what dualistic means for you and why you think Waheguru put it here.

Sukhmani sahib explains who the brahmgyannee is and it also starts of by giving you hints who the person that does wahegurus simran is.  There is a difference... it gives enough guidance of where one should start.

I'm sorry but I'm not going to keep repeating myself to someone who behaves like a one-man army and refuses to try and listen or learn.

My posts were written above to make you put some dhyian on subjects and at least try and contemplate for yourself. But if you replied in a few minutes, then that was either because you are extremely smart and know your sikhi or just out of ignorance.

Many members come on here and learn from each other, advise each other..,.help each other...... we don't come on here to be fobbed off and get spiritually drained.

Relax paaji.......some of your points are good, but they don't apply to me. What do you want me to do? 

Do you expect a Grade 3 student to understand Grade 12 subject matter? The Grade 3 student should try to focus on his own curriculum.

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman

A Brahamgyani has many qualities in him. It is possible for a person to have one such quality in him too. 

For example, there could be a celibate who has conquered lust. Now, can we equate him to a Brahamgyani? No, we cannot, as a Brahamgyani is the one, who has conquered all the five demons (lust being one of them). They cannot be put in the same league.

Bhul chuk maaf

• 2 years later...