What has happened to the naamdhari panth?

Gurfateh

After the death of Baba Jagjit Singh last year what has happened to the naamdhari panth? Is it still thriving or is it struggling to survive? I read that Baba Jagjit Singh did'n appoint any succesor (what was the reason for this?)

I can imagine loads of opportunists now trying to grab the gaddi for fame and other egotistical reasons.

Is it a sect about to die out just as the Ram Rayas, Minas and Handalis have died out in history?

A few years ago the Neeldhari Panth (itself a schism from Naamdhari Panth) came back under the chhattar-chhaiya of Guru Granth Sahib. With the Naamdhari Panth, there has been a split, and the one group has claimed all the institiutions, leaving the other group out. This group has now sought he chhattar-chhaiya of Guru Panth as well.

Namdharis just like all the other jathas have over zealous members in their group who are fixated on personality(pointer) worship rather than looking or following whats personality(pointer) is pointing towards.

I see no difference between overzealous sant worshipper at nanaksar/rara sahib/taksal/harkhowal/nihang/ akj and namdhari guru worshipper.

Beleif of namdharis on the lineage is quite mute and irrelevant to followers of current as they themselves are not concerned about history too much, they just care about their current guru and previous two-three guru's, this is no different than over zealous sant/bhai/nihang chela who very much treat their sant as their guru, there is no question about that. 

Only difference beween namdharis and sants group is whilst namdharis do it openly infront of panth - sant groups down play it- but do it behind the scenes put their sants on pedestal/altar -light incense on them.

I have nothing against satkar of sants but the reason of my post to shift the pendulum of over exaggarted worship of sants done by chelas which becomes hindrance in one's own spirituality- self discovery.

As they say- some people follow someone's expereince, but right ones who get guidance from others but bring it in their own direct expereince- follow their own-direct experience.