Any ideas what to do with kale?

dalsingh101

I grew a bunch of kale but other than kale crisps or putting it through the juicer, I don't know what to do with it.

Anyone else use this, care to share your method? 

when i read the title, i though you meant what to do with kale as in african-americans lol 

then i realized.

some people put kale in saag as well, my family did it, it wasnt too bad.

Kale is just so strong, it doesn't seem to soften. Very fibrous. 

• 2 months later...

You can put it in salad with other crunchy super veg like raw Brussels sprouts, cabbage, red cabbage etc, then add some sunflower shelled seeds, pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries and use poppyseed dressing.  You can actually buy this salad as a kit here but would be easy to make from scratch and it tastes yummy. Just don't use the thickest stemmy parts of the kale. Use more of the leaves and cut them in small pieces.

I put it in smoothies, usually with banana and some other stuff. On a side note I have read in the past that too much kale can cause imbalance in the thyroid. I'm sorry I don't have time to do the research right now but here is a google search for it https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=kale%20imbalancing%20thyroid%20lack%20of%20iodine