Never remove Kachhera from both the legs

What shall we do if the kachera do come out from both of the legs?  Do we become a patit? Compare to the the said life story the Singh have the audience of the Santji to beg forgiveness. Therefore can we make our own supplication to Sri Guru ji for forgiveness and thereafter do some sewa?

51 minutes ago, gdskler said:

What shall we do if the kachera do come out from both of the legs?  Do we become a patit? Compare to the the said life story the Singh have the audience of the Santji to beg forgiveness. Therefore can we make our own supplication to Sri Guru ji for forgiveness and thereafter do some sewa?

Kakaars are kes, kanga, kara, kachera, kirpan. Out of these kes can't be misplaced, for kanga, kara, kirpan we have to do Japji Sahib and then do ardas for forgiveness at the time of replacing of the kakaar. But in case of kachera we alone can't get forgiveness, we have to get any five amritdhari Singhs and they collectively do ardas on your behalf in front of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee, only then you are forgiven. Regarding sewa that depends on you, any sewa is good if you want to do.

Edited by ibrute

5 hours ago, gdskler said:

I was always told to do a jap Ji sahib paath for the four kakaars and if the kashera came off then do 5 jap Ji sahib paaths and ask maharaj guru Ji for forgiveness.

34 minutes ago, amardeep said:

The ban on taking the keshara off is due to the military legacy of the rahit. It is part of the tyaar bar tyaar identity along side the Singhs not being alloud to tie their dastaar in front of a mirror.

Ut oh, I'm not supposed to use a mirror?  If this is so, then I am in trouble! LOL.  

Also what about surgery, when they make you remove ALL clothing except the johnny shirt?  For that matter all the kakkars except kesh of course have to be removed.  Is it required then to also go before panj pyaras and be punished?  I have wrist surgery coming up in near future and not sure what to do. 

2 hours ago, Satkirin_Kaur said:

Ut oh, I'm not supposed to use a mirror?  If this is so, then I am in trouble! LOL.  

Also what about surgery, when they make you remove ALL clothing except the johnny shirt?  For that matter all the kakkars except kesh of course have to be removed.  Is it required then to also go before panj pyaras and be punished?  I have wrist surgery coming up in near future and not sure what to do. 

If the surgery is for your wrist only, I do not think you need to remove any kakars. They will ask you to change into a gown definitely, and ask you to take off your dastaar & cover it with a surgical hat. Talk to them before hand regarding the protocol. Definitely no need to change kachera unless they want to put in a foley catheter. Just ask before hand.

Ummm I doubt the surgery will be long enough that I need a catheter... I HOPE anyway LMAO.  Actually this is the second surgery (revision) because I only have 10% ROM now and pain beyond that.  Originally I fell playing soccer at the gym on the base. Was kicked in the back of the leg running full out, and fell backwards putting my hands behind me to break the fall. I didn't break my wrist but something is definitely not right.  They saw something on the MRI that could indicate the bone is breaking down (either lunate or scaphoid).  Anyway, first time the surgery was only about 1 hour to put the bone back in place as it was dislocated.  I probably could have done it just with regional or combo of that and conscious sedation, but I didn't think at the time to ask.  But I wasn't Amritdhari then... hence the questions now about kakkars and surgery.  Like obviously the IV will be in my opposite arm, will it be possible to keep my kara on? 

• If Kachhera has to be removed from the body, for surgical or any other critical purpose, one still has to go for Peshi
  • If Kachhera is removed unintentionally/accidentally, one again has to go for Peshi.
  • If Kesh have to be killed (cut, shaved, etc) for surgical or any other critical purpose, one still has to go for Peshi
  • If Kesh are killed (cut, shaved, etc) unintentionally/accidentally, one again has to go for Peshi

Bhul chuk maaf

Ban on Kachhera removal - Advantages:

• Psychological - Inhibits feeling of lust
  • Psychological - Reminder of celibacy or faithfulness to one's spouse
  • Psychological - Alertness
  • Historical - Reminds of Sri Hanumaan jee (Bhagat) and his love/devotion towards Sri Ram Chandar jee
  • Might have some biological advantages
  • Military legacy as stated by Amardeep jee

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman

Srimaan 108 Sant Baba Nand Singh jee Kaleranwale was also very strict, regarding removal of Kachhera (there is a sakhi, where he asks 5 Singhs in the sangat to punish him for removal of Kachhera), even though, it seems that Nanaksar are a bit lenient on Kara and Kirpan.

Bhul chuk maaf

regarding mirrors it is a part of the military aspect of the rahit. If one does'nt know how to fight and isn't engaged in any sort of martial activity (like myself) im not sure if one can be called tyar bar tyar and therefore the rule does'nt apply in the same way. Whats the point in being able to tie your turban without a mirror if you gonna run away like a sissy when the enemy comes? (this applies to me lol)

But for the warriors of old, they were supposed to be able to tie their turban on the spot without having to wander around looking for a mirror - likewise they were'nt allowed to be nude at any times in case the enemy might attack.

This might be off-topic, but to add to the point of Amardeep paaji. If I remember correctly, Daas heard it from a Singh (who heard it from a Saint) long time ago that tying a turban by looking in the mirror is "Hangta da Abeass" (Exercising of Ego). 

A Sikh must always strive to either eliminate, or mitigate activities which adds fuel to one'e ego.

Having said that, for ordinary household people (who have jobs), it might be important to look into the mirrors, while dressing up for work. Also, looking in mirror while brushing, cleaning face, etc, might be essential.

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman

If Panj Pyaray (5 Singhs) are not available, then one can do Ardas to Satguru jee, until one finds the Pyaray. 

The Punjabi expression "Amrit tut gaya" is grossly wrong. Amrit does not break, instead, the person breaks away from the Amrit. The right expression should be "Banda tut gaya Amirt to".

Both, the outer Rehit and its essence are very critical to spiritual progression. One cannot pick and choose. If only outer Rehit is paid heed to, then it could potentially lead to hypocrisy (major sin in Sikhism). For example, a person is very careful with regards to misplacing his Kachhera, but on the other hand, he has sexual relations with many women. This is a classic example of Hypocrisy. What is the use of Kachhera to such a person? Now, let's assume, there is another person, who understands and practices the essence of outer Rehit, but is casual with his kakkars. Even though, this person might be better than the former, he might land into trouble with Satguru jee for breaking injunctions.

Once, a person reaches Brahamgyan, the story changes as "Brahamgyani Bandan Tay Mukta".

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman