Avoid Disclosing Spiritual Status

I feel that simran is one of the most intimate things you can do. Personally I am loathed to discuss it because exactly like your post, it just naturally lends itself to haumai and the last thing people should do is corrupt their simran in this way. It sort of defeats its purpose. 

The most ironic thing you see is people discussing their naam simran and unwittingly using it to elevate their ego, pushing some "I'm deep into this and have made more progress than you" vibe. 

It's ok do that once an while, just sit back and relax its fun to watch ego leap out as water waves and let ego leap out of stateless state-ocean but after a moment ego goes back to our real self - stateless state, pure peace and awareness and that is all of us- primordial awareness and peace.

The real challenge is not so much stopping ego leaping out (thoughts) etc but rather  we indentify or attached with ego individuality but rather witnessing our our own ego(thoughts/conditioned mind) have bridge between mind and real self (heart), and real challenge is rather we keep identifying with ego. That's why constant naam simran (truth remembrance) is soo important so we never forget our stateless state - real self even for a second. 

Maybe it's just as simple as certain people have reached a level where they can discuss it without it messing them up?

I'm still grappling with the discovery of a whole 'personality' being hidden in the background in the form of thoughts, one that is determined not to be subdued! 

Edited by dalsingh101

This is the belief of Puraatan mat however when we believe in 'Aap japau aurah naam japaavahu' there this concept then doesn't create a hurdle.

Saadh sangat in bhagti turns into a group session of sadhana.

What i personally feel is when you get higher as your position rises, inside you have a feeling of calmness and this calmness itself will keep you silent . You wont feel to discuss your achievements.

Those Sants while doing katha when they reveal the 'secrets' i feel it is due to hukum they might get from inside to guide people .

This is what i personally feel ..Waheguru knows the best.

• 3 months later...

Between sorry for talking too much but is sharing experiences really 

Bad ? 

Its only bad when we share it with ego (hankaar) (share only if u conquered ego)

Pls allow us  narrate our story 

I wasn't in sikhi much  

Didn't even  use to read single baani whole day 

Was totally full of doubts 

Didn't even believe in God 

Used to play video games all day LOL

My mother. Is completely innocent (bholi) 

She got jugti of naam abhyaas from a saint 

And after 30 days she had experiences she started sharing 

Me first 

She told me how she felt she was flying 

Then she told me how she had darshan of pavirtar rooh (she told how Devi and devta came to ave darshan of person who is chanting naam

Then she told me how her voice stopped and she was fixed in simran 

And then in end she told me how she could enter smaadhi but later broke it with mistake (coz of  bad karma)

When she narrated me this my curiosity knew no bounds so I walked on Naam abyhaas path  I imitated her jugti :p

(Copy pasted coz of veer g request

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/11/2015 at 2:30 PM, paapiman said:

Non-disclosure.thumb.JPG.60dcc4810902e64

Reference:  Life Story of Sant Attar Singh ji by Harbans Singh Doabia

Bhul chuk maaf

Great! I have heard this story earlier. 

Do we have still such Mahapurakhs like Sant Attar Singh ji in today's world?
If we still have such Mahapurakhs, than won't it help to end the hunger problem of the world?

Is there anyone who agrees with me? Bhull Maaf.

This creates in my mind several questions:

1. Gurbani says "Only a Braham Giani can know the state of the Braham Giani"

2. The above reference says that a person with a high spiritual state will not / can never tell anyone of their spiritual achievements.

3. You might say that for a braham giani they are not subject to the same rules as us or something. But then, anyone who has attained this state can then tell people they have?

So, how do the sampardas go about labelling people as sants then? Is it the sant outwardly telling everyone of their spiritual accomplishments? Or is it members of that particular group seeing how charismatic the person is as a leader and assuming they are of a high spiritual state (or maybe not even assuming it, but just thrusting that title on them because they are charismatic and a good leader and can get anyone to follow them)? What you end up with are possibly MANY people who are labeled sants who are not really that spiritually high, and people who possibly ARE that advanced spiritually but are disregarded by many people because either they are too humble to say anything or if they do, they are shot down for being egoistic. It seems to me then, the whole idea of sants is a flawed idea!

So if only those who have a high spiritual state can ever know  a) what it is like to be in that state and b) can never tell anyone else about it for fear of being seen as Egoistic, then why do we have people labelled as sants and braham gianis at all and how do they attain that title?  If everyone were humble to that degree, then all of us should be on the same level and nobody should be elevated then? After all, we are told that for ALL of us, our ONLY Guru is to be Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, and NO human (regardless of their state). If we ARE to listen to sants, then how can we ever be sure who we are listening to IS actually a sant and has attained high avastha? Gurbani says only that person can ever know themselves. So, who are we following then? Either someone who proclaimed they have (and are egoistic and not humble) or someone who was proclaimed by members of a particular samparda (but Gurbani says only that person can ever know, so how can members of a samparda declare someone is a sant, if they can never actually know if that person is or not?)

Does that make sense?

I *personally* think Sikhi is a personal path. Everyone must discover it on their own. I have seen much corruption in the dera mentality, and power tripping. To avoid being led astray by a false icon (because we can never really know if someone was elevated to the status of sant falsely or not) I personally prefer to approach it on a personal level, on my own.  Instead of hanging on coatstrings of others and hanging on their every word like a lost puppy, I take responsibility for my own spiritual progression.

And I also think it is ok to share experiances as long as it is not in contect of braging.

Sorry if I said anything that hurt anyone's feeling.

Guest guest
5 hours ago, Guest said:

2. The above reference says that a person with a high spiritual state will not / can never tell anyone of their spiritual achievements.

no it means/says only they themselves know what it is like, no one else (not in that state) can figure it out or understand it.

Guest guest
On 07/11/2015 at 7:07 AM, jaikaara said:

This is the belief of Puraatan mat however when we believe in 'Aap japau aurah naam japaavahu' there this concept then doesn't create a hurdle.

forgive me is I am making a mistake, but is that the Salok from Sukhmani?  If so, that refers to the actions of a Vaishnava.  its not an order to everyone.  also they (Vaishnavas) do that without telling their own states.  but my point is that please look at the context.

maybe that is a different salok. in which case please forgive my error

Guest Ji I think regards to the reference the other Guest Ji was speaking about the reference the book Paapiman posted. Not the Gurbani tuk talking about only a brahamgyani can know the state of a brahamgyani. 

I see what the other guest means... If nobody can know except those in that state then the only way anyone else could know is if that person in that higher spiritual state shared it with others. But the book paapiman posted says not to share. So how does someone become labelled a Sant?? Does the Sant say "I'm a Sant" to others? Or do others say "hey this person is a sant"?? If it's the Sant saying they are then they are obviously sharing with others speaking about their spiritual achievements (the book paapiman posed says not to). If it's others declaring it then how can those others know if the spiritually elevated person never told them??

9 hours ago, CdnSikhGirl said:

Guest Ji I think regards to the reference the other Guest Ji was speaking about the reference the book Paapiman posted. Not the Gurbani tuk talking about only a brahamgyani can know the state of a brahamgyani. 

I see what the other guest means... If nobody can know except those in that state then the only way anyone else could know is if that person in that higher spiritual state shared it with others. But the book paapiman posted says not to share. So how does someone become labelled a Sant?? Does the Sant say "I'm a Sant" to others? Or do others say "hey this person is a sant"?? If it's the Sant saying they are then they are obviously sharing with others speaking about their spiritual achievements (the book paapiman posed says not to). If it's others declaring it then how can those others know if the spiritually elevated person never told them??

Har ka Bhagat pargat nahi chhapay

Such is the will of the Lord...

On 14/03/2016 at 1:09 PM, Guest said:
On 06/11/2015 at 2:30 PM, paapiman said:

Non-disclosure.thumb.JPG.60dcc4810902e64

Reference:  Life Story of Sant Attar Singh ji by Harbans Singh Doabia

Bhul chuk maaf

Great! I have heard this story earlier. 

Do we have still such Mahapurakhs like Sant Attar Singh ji in today's world?
If we still have such Mahapurakhs, than won't it help to end the hunger problem of the world?

Is there anyone who agrees with me? Bhull Maaf.

Plz someone answer.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...