Sign in to follow this  
NaamBiyaasi

Sikhism Uncovered- Q&A ( Why Sikhism is Wrong )

The accounts we find of the Guru Sahibs in the Janamsaakhis -are these to be taken as literal history or a combination of the factual events together with the metaphysical dressing to attract us towards the "morals" if you will of the events?

As per Baba Deep Singh Shaheed, his account I believe is available in the Suraj Parkash Granth and perhaps this is worth checking as puratan source of his infamous Kurbani.

Guest Sa phong samvaat

Syabas sir for your excellent answers to the bigoted hate Mongerer... Well to summarize it.. I guess Sikhs should just say tha t Sikhi is a mystical religion for matured souls whereas Islam is a religion for souls at the kindy level.. And thus the need for rules,regulations, dos and donuts, brainwashing , fear of hell, rewards,in paradise etc.etc.thats all. By the way I'm a Buddhist from Thailand with many Sikh and Muslim friends in Narathiwat.sikhs and local Malay Muslims have a very respectful relationship and there are even some who meditate together in the caves of hills here.

Guest Truthseeker

"Don't know the men by the truth, Know the truth! Then you will know who are truthful." (Anon)

The idea of reincarnation after death is illogical as it places too much merit on human kindness and omits the consequences of punishment for wrong doing. For example: within reincarnation, one is at greater risk of committing sin because they always return in a lesser form to make up for deficiencies in a previous life.

This is not so within a linear life model which has a sense of urgency to aim for, understand and act upon the truth before the passing. Sincerity of Intention is paramount. Moreover, whilst the meeting with The Almighty is the highest achievement for those who freely submit their will (from mastery over the ego), other believers employed in the service of God may aim for the pleasures of the hereafter (positive reinforcement in psychology) or wish to avoid the punishments of hellfire (negative reinforcement). This idea is reasonable on its own merit and it reaches out to the greatest numbers of people whilst falling within empirical research (read about behaviourism - B. F. Skinner).

And God knows best.

21 hours ago, Guest Truthseeker said:

The idea of reincarnation after death is illogical as it places too much merit on human kindness and omits the consequences of punishment for wrong doing. For example: within reincarnation, one is at greater risk of committing sin because they always return in a lesser form to make up for deficiencies in a previous life.

This is not so within a linear life model which has a sense of urgency to aim for, understand and act upon the truth before the passing. Sincerity of Intention is paramount. Moreover, whilst the meeting with The Almighty is the highest achievement for those who freely submit their will (from mastery over the ego), other believers employed in the service of God may aim for the pleasures of the hereafter (positive reinforcement in psychology) or wish to avoid the punishments of hellfire (negative reinforcement). This idea is reasonable on its own merit and it reaches out to the greatest numbers of people whilst falling within empirical research (read about behaviourism - B. F. Skinner).

Bhagat Kabir ji had this to say about us when we speculate wildly without any experience or knowledge:

Some say that He is near, and others say that He is far away.

We might just as well say that the fish climbs out of the water, up the tree.

Why do you speak such nonsense?

One who has found the Lord, keeps quiet about it. (SGGS 718)

If we live our life the best way we can, then why does it matter whether or not there is reincarnation.

I have a couple of questions for you.  Every religion has good and bad people.  However, unlike other religions, Muslims seem to be killing and raping other Muslims at an alarming rate.  One can't attribute this phenomenon to culture or politics, because other religions living side by side to Muslims in different countries are faring much better.  My questions to you are:

1.  Is it happening because Muslims are not interpreting or following Quran properly?

2.  If so, would it not be better for you to spend your energy on explaining Quran properly to the believers rather than trying to convince kaffirs?

On 2016-09-20 at 1:38 PM, IJJSingh said:

Bhagat Kabir ji had this to say about us when we speculate wildly without any experience or knowledge:

Some say that He is near, and others say that He is far away.
We might just as well say that the fish climbs out of the water, up the tree.
Why do you speak such nonsense?
One who has found the Lord, keeps quiet about it. (SGGS 718)

It was Nam Dev ji who sung this poem.

And there's a reason why he said it. Wild speculation is one reason however this poem applies to even the strongest of conviction one can hold about God. God is such that any description you give him will always fall short. There is no way to properly pin him down with language. He exists prior to language and language fails to describe him. Even to use a pronoun such as he, she or it, is all inaccurate. God is not a he, she or it.

If we live our life the best way we can, then why does it matter whether or not there is reincarnation.

It matters why clouds rain. It matters why we have various seasons. It matters to us what happens after death and before birth, just as any other natural phenomenon.

Reincarnation if it exists is a natural phenomenon that we can study using a strict methodology.

Guest Joyti

Waheguru ji. I live my life simply as a sikh. I love people from all faiths. I have many Muslim sisters and brothers....Hindu sisters and brothers....Christian sisters and brothers....list is long. I respect all and help anyone in need. Work hard so can help people in need. All this hatred above only spirals outof control. So much of ones time is used up. Give up on that and instead use that time to connect to god / Allah / waheguru. God is one...One love for all. X

Guest singh

helo i singh and i live this sikhi i no am believe in other things or philosfy becse i tru singh and i love sikhi i will giv my hed for skihi because i love it

thank you very much for reding

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this