Sign in to follow this  
NaamBiyaasi

Sikhism Uncovered- Q&A ( Why Sikhism is Wrong )

The accounts we find of the Guru Sahibs in the Janamsaakhis -are these to be taken as literal history or a combination of the factual events together with the metaphysical dressing to attract us towards the "morals" if you will of the events?

As per Baba Deep Singh Shaheed, his account I believe is available in the Suraj Parkash Granth and perhaps this is worth checking as puratan source of his infamous Kurbani.

Guest Sa phong samvaat

Syabas sir for your excellent answers to the bigoted hate Mongerer... Well to summarize it.. I guess Sikhs should just say tha t Sikhi is a mystical religion for matured souls whereas Islam is a religion for souls at the kindy level.. And thus the need for rules,regulations, dos and donuts, brainwashing , fear of hell, rewards,in paradise etc.etc.thats all. By the way I'm a Buddhist from Thailand with many Sikh and Muslim friends in Narathiwat.sikhs and local Malay Muslims have a very respectful relationship and there are even some who meditate together in the caves of hills here.

Guest Truthseeker

"Don't know the men by the truth, Know the truth! Then you will know who are truthful." (Anon)

The idea of reincarnation after death is illogical as it places too much merit on human kindness and omits the consequences of punishment for wrong doing. For example: within reincarnation, one is at greater risk of committing sin because they always return in a lesser form to make up for deficiencies in a previous life.

This is not so within a linear life model which has a sense of urgency to aim for, understand and act upon the truth before the passing. Sincerity of Intention is paramount. Moreover, whilst the meeting with The Almighty is the highest achievement for those who freely submit their will (from mastery over the ego), other believers employed in the service of God may aim for the pleasures of the hereafter (positive reinforcement in psychology) or wish to avoid the punishments of hellfire (negative reinforcement). This idea is reasonable on its own merit and it reaches out to the greatest numbers of people whilst falling within empirical research (read about behaviourism - B. F. Skinner).

And God knows best.

21 hours ago, Guest Truthseeker said:

The idea of reincarnation after death is illogical as it places too much merit on human kindness and omits the consequences of punishment for wrong doing. For example: within reincarnation, one is at greater risk of committing sin because they always return in a lesser form to make up for deficiencies in a previous life.

This is not so within a linear life model which has a sense of urgency to aim for, understand and act upon the truth before the passing. Sincerity of Intention is paramount. Moreover, whilst the meeting with The Almighty is the highest achievement for those who freely submit their will (from mastery over the ego), other believers employed in the service of God may aim for the pleasures of the hereafter (positive reinforcement in psychology) or wish to avoid the punishments of hellfire (negative reinforcement). This idea is reasonable on its own merit and it reaches out to the greatest numbers of people whilst falling within empirical research (read about behaviourism - B. F. Skinner).

Bhagat Kabir ji had this to say about us when we speculate wildly without any experience or knowledge:

Some say that He is near, and others say that He is far away.

We might just as well say that the fish climbs out of the water, up the tree.

Why do you speak such nonsense?

One who has found the Lord, keeps quiet about it. (SGGS 718)

If we live our life the best way we can, then why does it matter whether or not there is reincarnation.

I have a couple of questions for you.  Every religion has good and bad people.  However, unlike other religions, Muslims seem to be killing and raping other Muslims at an alarming rate.  One can't attribute this phenomenon to culture or politics, because other religions living side by side to Muslims in different countries are faring much better.  My questions to you are:

1.  Is it happening because Muslims are not interpreting or following Quran properly?

2.  If so, would it not be better for you to spend your energy on explaining Quran properly to the believers rather than trying to convince kaffirs?

On 2016-09-20 at 1:38 PM, IJJSingh said:

Bhagat Kabir ji had this to say about us when we speculate wildly without any experience or knowledge:

Some say that He is near, and others say that He is far away.
We might just as well say that the fish climbs out of the water, up the tree.
Why do you speak such nonsense?
One who has found the Lord, keeps quiet about it. (SGGS 718)

It was Nam Dev ji who sung this poem.

And there's a reason why he said it. Wild speculation is one reason however this poem applies to even the strongest of conviction one can hold about God. God is such that any description you give him will always fall short. There is no way to properly pin him down with language. He exists prior to language and language fails to describe him. Even to use a pronoun such as he, she or it, is all inaccurate. God is not a he, she or it.

If we live our life the best way we can, then why does it matter whether or not there is reincarnation.

It matters why clouds rain. It matters why we have various seasons. It matters to us what happens after death and before birth, just as any other natural phenomenon.

Reincarnation if it exists is a natural phenomenon that we can study using a strict methodology.

Guest Joyti

Waheguru ji. I live my life simply as a sikh. I love people from all faiths. I have many Muslim sisters and brothers....Hindu sisters and brothers....Christian sisters and brothers....list is long. I respect all and help anyone in need. Work hard so can help people in need. All this hatred above only spirals outof control. So much of ones time is used up. Give up on that and instead use that time to connect to god / Allah / waheguru. God is one...One love for all. X

Guest singh

helo i singh and i live this sikhi i no am believe in other things or philosfy becse i tru singh and i love sikhi i will giv my hed for skihi because i love it

thank you very much for reding

Guest Stinky sikhy

The fact the Sikh responder managed to convince himself his answers were above board and logically is sad.  The Muslim smacked you with blow after blow but majority of the time you replied with stories with no real intellectual backing.paganism has really done it's number on this world and Sikhism hasn't been spared 

Guest wow stupid questions from
On 8/16/2003 at 5:56 AM, NaamBiyaasi said:

QUESTIONS:

Sikhism "Uncovered"

A brief introduction

Please can anyone give me quotes from the GGS, Gurbani to answer these questions. No guess work, or analogy please.

If you cannot you should know that the Guru's left an incomplete religion. If so it is incumbent on you [the reader] to select the correct religion, which can answer these questions [More too come soon]. A complete religion free from refutation.

1. It is not permissible for sikhs to cut their hair, be it on the face, head or genitalia and elsewhere. This is because you should remain the way God created you? Correct? -Then why do you cut your nails. Why are the Guru's portrayed in pictures with short finely smoothed off nails, like they've just been to Toni & Guy's?

2. If Manjit Basoota is found guilty of first-degree murder. What does Sikhism say about exactly how she should be punished?

3. How do you deal with thieves?

4. Why did the Guru's fail to mention a catastrophic flood with encircled the whole earth, and left one family on a ship laden with animals? Christianity, Judaism and Islam all speak extensively about this. It’s a bit of a big point to miss. There is no use trying to say, "oh, if it was told before it doesn’t need to be told again in the GGS". Because if the books of these religions are flawed then it would certainly need mentioning in order to clarify doubts.

If the Gurus said that all religions all lead to the same path, so you'll be ok whichever religion your on. Then why didn't they mention them all in depth in their writings? The Christians will tell you that when Jesus came he explained in detail the past lives of the Prophets before him e.g. Adam, Moses, Abraham etc. The Muslims will tell you the same. Muhammad told in detail about the creation of man from Adam and all the Prophets prior to him e.g. Jesus, Adam, Moses, Abraham etc. Moses {Jewish Prophet}, Jesus {Christian Prophet} and Muhammad {Muslim Prophet} all spoke of the creation of man from Adam and Eve and the Rejection of Satan from Heaven after he showed pride and refused to prostrate to Adam on the command of God. But with Sikhism, if all these past religions were right why don't we believe in Adam as the first man etc. Was there a sudden change of plan when the Guru's came along? Now man was no longer created from Adam? 5. Why did the Guru's come one after the other in succession, some even being alive while he other Guru was still alive-waiting to be promoted. The other major religions talk of gaps of approx. 500, 1000, years before God sent another Prophet to correct the people on their innovations and corruption's.

6. Why does Sikhism deny Adam and Eve to be the first man and woman? Hinduism is old. Judaism, Christianity and Islam all believe in Adam and Eve and their stories are mentioned in detail, and that of their initial two sons. Was Hinduism right, then God sent Judaism, which totally contradicted it, then God sent Christianity which contradicted Hinduism but agreed "in the main" with Judaism. Then God sent Islam which contradicted Hinduism, but agreed "in the main" with Christianity and Judaism. Then God thought oh no, ….whoops actually Hinduism was right,. There was no Adam and Eve.

7. In addition to the above: Hindu's burn their dead. Jews bury, Christians bury, Muslims bury,….OOP's oh no Hinduism was right again burn them for sikhs. The tradition of burying was started by the son of Adam.

8. The other Prophets did not know of their Prophethood until the Angel Gabriel came to them to give them the good news of it. But for Sikhs the Guru's knew they would be next because they were chosen by the previous Guru on his deathbed as one example.

9. The Angel Gabriel is mentioned as the Leader of the Angels in all 3 major faiths. Why did Sikhism fail to realise this. Did the Guru's meet Gabriel himself? If so, please give his description.

10. The argument we are all on a path which leads to God, no matter which we take cannot apply. Not everyone worships one God.

E.g. 1.Christians worship Jesus and say he is God manifest on earth. Some Christians say he is the son of god, hence Mary being his mother is now the Mother of god. So some Christians worship her 2. Some Jews worship a prophet they claim is now the son of God [Ezra] 3. Some people worship spirits in trees and say they are god. 4. Some people don't even believe in God! 5. Agnostics believe in God but say we don’t know how to worship God i.e. the religions, so just do your own thing and be good.

So how can we be equal [As sikhism states]. These paths all lead to a different way. Not all to God. I'll give you an extreme example of my head. If you have one man that worships a man, and another man that worships a dog. What do they get at the end when they die and eventually meet their god? Do you get a dog or a man? Or a combination a dog-man?

11. Twenty-five Hindu sages and 22 Muslim sages contributed to the Guru Granth Sahib in addition to some of the Guru's. Proof that this book is not form God. But from the collective writings of men.

12. Abraham is given the Title of the "Father of Monotheism" in Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Why is he not mentioned in depth in Sikhi? Come on Father of monotheism!!!

13. This idea of reincarnation is rejected from the 3 major religions. Once again was Hinduism right…..then the 3 faiths God sent after it were contradicting it, then sikhism came and said no oops! Yep Hinduism was right, reincarnation is right. More so, it was eliminated in the Books of God 3 times in succession!

14. The statement "the Guru Granth Sahib was written directly by the Guru and involves writing from other religions personally selected by the Gurus"... What does this mean? It can only mean that they took from their books? So the Guru's took from the Bible, Torah and Quran and Hindu Scriptures. Even if they personally selected them, they came from the other religions books did they not? So did the gurus take from the books or not? Even if they translated them into Punjabi and then inserted them into the guru granth sahib, their origin is from other books right? Or wrong? -Again not revelation from God.

15. Sikhs say that Guru Gobind Singh explained details about other prophets. So can you tell me in detail from the guru's words about the creation of Adam. About how the angels questioned his creation. Can you provide details on how Eve was created. Can you provide detailed accounts of the lives of all the other major prophets e.g. Abraham, Moses, Noah. Did the Guru's speak about a vast flood which engulfed the whole earth and only left Noah and his family alive with animals on his ark? Come on this is a big thing to have happened in the history of mankind. So it should be accounted for in details right. Judaism, Christianity and Islam all discuss this in depth. Recently, near Turkey a mountain has been found which when examined using sophisticated equipment they found the outline of a vast ship shaped vessel. Excavation is still continuing but will take years, or the ship cannot be totally removed because it may just disintegrate. this ship was aged using carbon dating from fragments removed to be 1000's and 1000's of years old. If you want more info on this I can give you references and the whole report if you like. This Ark discovery also appeared on a BBC documentary. The location of the ark was already foretold by Muhammad.

16. Give Prophecies in Sikhism not taken from the other religions that have come true. Or will in the future. With proof for stories that are not well documented.

17. The past experiences of these previous prophets lets us learn about their methodology and so can help us to understand the religion better. On that note. The destruction of the City of Sodom. Where one prophet called Lot was, it talks about how all the people became transgressors and began to engage in acts of homosexuality [which is where the term Sodomy comes from] men with men, and women with women. Only this Prophet was ok and his daughters. He told the people to stop this but they did not. So God sent 2 angels in the form of very Handsome men to the town. Lot became worried for these men and knew what the Cities people would want. When the town people saw these men they wanted to have sex with them but Lot said take my daughters instead. But the people said no. Then these 2 men told Lot that they were angels and told him to leave the town with his daughters. They then destroyed the City. Judaism, Christianity and Islam all speak of this. This is not time wasted, because it shows people that if they transgress boundaries laid down by God, then they will acquire His Wrath. It is a good lesson to learn. Why is there no mention of this in the guru granth sahib?

18. Abraham is one of The most highly respected Prophets for Jews, Christians and Muslims alike. They all agree on his life history. How he destroyed all the idols worshipped by the people of his City and then left an axe around the head of the biggest idol. And said to the people the big idol did it. To prove to the people that an idol cannot benefit you in any way. The people said "these idols cannot talk or move" .... The people then cast Abraham into a huge pit they dug engulfed in a raging fire. God said to the fire, be cool for Abraham. So he emerged from it untouched. Then God tested Abraham by asking him to sacrifice his son for God's sake. As Abraham was about to strike, God told him that he was pleased with him and he gave Abraham a ram/sheep to sacrifice instead.

19. Or how about the Prophet Jonah who was engulfed whole by a whale, then was released on God's command onto a beach after he prayed inside his belly. All the other faiths talk of this event. These above are not little things but major events in the history of mankind. Come on the flooding of the whole earth! A whole City destroyed in one go!

20. One important issue is the second coming of Jesus! His descent from Heaven to earth has been told, in detail, both in the Gospel and Quran. Both Christianity and Islam state that he will be sent to kill the Anti-Christ [or Dajjal]. Is this a little thing? I think not. This man will proclaim to all the people on the earth that he is God! And he will have the power to bring the dead back to life etc. Don't you think the guru's should have given some warning to people not to follow this man. And that Jesus himself will come and destroy him after he rules the world? Within history, the coming of a Prophet was declared. This you will find in the Jewish Torah and The Gospel. So the arrival of Jesus and Muhammad was already made clear. It was up to the people if they wanted to accept it. The books also had some detail on the coming of the next messenger. His area of residence or his family was talked about, or other details were mentioned. So I want to know how these previous revelations from God happened to miss out the coming of not one but 10 men! [The ten Guru's].All one after the other. And it could have also have been pointed out that they would all be from India. But you will never find this in previous revelations. Why?

21. The other religions celebrate days and acts done by previous prophets. E.g.

1.The offering of a sacrifice of a sheep by Muslims on Eid. This they do because of the offering Abraham gave [nearly sacrificing his son, and instead sacrificing a sheep/ram on God's command.] 2. The day Moses defeated the armies of The Pharaoh. Muslims and Jews celebrate by fasting on this day. etc.

The other religions differ on issues but on some points they all [Judaism, Christianity, Islam] agree: Notably:

1. The creation of Man from Adam. The creation of Eve. 2. The past stories of Sodom, Noah's Ark, The Prophet Joseph etc. 3. Abraham's destruction of the idols and how he was cast into the fire, yet he walked out alive untouched. 4. Abraham nearly sacrificing his son for the sake of God. then God commanded he slaughter a ram/sheep in his place. And that this was a test for Abraham. 5. Prophet Jonah being engulfed by the whale 6. Prophet David and Goliath 7. Prophet Solomon and the Queen of Sheba etc. etc. In addition. All these religions celebrate, or acknowledge, the achievements of past prophets prior to their own i.e. Moses, Jesus, Muhammad. They celebrate their achievements by fasting for example. Or offering sacrifices etc. Why didn't the gurus tell us to fast, or celebrate or even just remember, the achievements of the past prophets? No mention is even made of some of these Prophets. Like they didn't even exist. With billions of followers, you have to except that these men did exist on this earth at some point in time. But its up to you whether you want to follow them or not? Angels. One of the foundations of belief of all 3 faiths is the belief in the creation of the angels. Their creation is discussed in detail. They are created from pure white light. The Jews, Christians and Muslims all agree on this and some names of angels are even told. Some of these are Azraeel, Mikaeel [Michael], Jibraeel [Gabriel]. The most highly regarded angel is Jibraeel. He was the one who sent the revelation down to Jesus [The Gospel] and to Muhammad [The Quran].Why doesn't sikhism make mention of angels. And how they also came down on Gods command and fought some of the battles alongside the believers. Why wasn't Jibraeel or any angel sent to any of the Guru's? Satan [or shaytaan]. He is mentioned in explicit detail and how he was arrogant and full of pride and refused to bow to Adam on the command of God. Every Prophet has made mention of him by name. They also tell us that he will be around on this earth till the Day of Judgement. Then he will also be judged by God. Satan even came to some of the Prophets and spoke to them namely Moses and Jesus. He tried to tempt Jesus to jump of a cliff and said that god will save you. Jesus replied that God is the One who tests. It is not right for His creation to test Him. Satan also asked Moses to intercede for him and ask God to forgive him. So God told Moses to tell Satan to bow to the Grave of Adam. Satan refused and replied he did not bow to Adam in his life and will not bow down at his grave. This account is found in all 3 faiths. Also, out of all the Prophets, God sent angels to speak to them. But God spoke directly to Moses. Satan talking to a Prophet, and tempting another Prophet. God Speaking to Moses! Surely these accounts should have been documented. But, they are nowhere to be found in sikhism.

Ok so the dude over here .Let me tell you one thing we are sikhs and we don't need to prove our self or our gurus

Guest Sahib Singh

My god. This thread was started 15 years ago! 

Though I don't agree with some of the answers given to the questioner (like comparing Nihang Singhs to ahmedias, the situation in fact is instead the opposite of that, Jhatka Maryada is the true kshatri dharm), but yeah, they are enough to straighten him up. 

Bravo singhs. 

And all these "Jaagruk missionaries" today in 2018 have crossed all their limits and now they're facing an imminent end to their cult. We've got great parcharaks like Baba Banta Singh Ji, Baba Pinderpal Singh who have now started preaching dasam di bani. The Guru himself was a form of that formless God, what powers can't he or his sikhs have? 

Damdami Taksal, Nihang Singh jathebandia, all puratan samprdava shall always roar exclusively. Nobody can ever try to disrepute them. 

Tatt Khalsa shall reign again. Time is coming soon.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this