Starting Sehaj Paath.

Vaheguroo ji,

I would like to start the Sehaj paath with Gurmukhi and English Translation. I found a website where whole SGGS is uploaded, but if someone can suggest me something, I would appreciate it. The reason I am creating this thread is so I can post here to share and it will give me a reason to stick to it if I can post what I am doing. Maybe nobody will care lol but will still give me a reason to stick to it.

I will take any suggestion and guidance, I will be doing it from Ipad, phone or laptop but will try to maintain the environment where it feels like I am not just reading something but learning. 

I will be starting on Jan 06,2016. There are 1430 pages and If I plan to do in 30 days, I will have to go for 50 pages a day. I am not sure how will it go but that's the beginning plan.

Every video I find has only Gurmukhi, I wish there were videos of SGGS where English and Gurmukhi is together. I think I can play them in the back while still reading the English meaning.

Or should I just go for the Gurmukhi only and then try to learn English, Because when I start reading English, I feel like I am just reading a book while reading the translation.

Youtube videos over Sampooran Path Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee are so beautiful but they only have Gurmukhi, no translation

Thank you and sorry if said anything wrong.

18 hours ago, GurpreetKaur said:

Vaheguroo ji,

I would like to start the Sehaj paath with Gurmukhi and English Translation. I found a website where whole SGGS is uploaded, but if someone can suggest me something, I would appreciate it. The reason I am creating this thread is so I can post here to share and it will give me a reason to stick to it if I can post what I am doing. Maybe nobody will care lol but will still give me a reason to stick to it.

Sister, have you done Santheya (learned correct pronunciation of Gurbani from a trained scholar)?

Bhul chuk maaf

42 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Sister, have you done Santheya (learned correct pronunciation of Gurbani from a trained scholar)?

Bhul chuk maaf

No veer Jee, I have not. But my aim for first sehaj Paath is to do it and learn the meanings. Since Naam simran should be important I think.  

And To be honest I don't know which pronunciation is right. So many peopledo it with different style. For instance, the link you provided is new to me. I have never heard anyone pronouncing everything like the way it's written.

I would say Hadoor and most of the YouTube bani people say it too but here it's hadoorey.

Vaparwah is vaparwahu.

To me Maskeen ji is someone I can close my eyes and trust and even Maskeen ji did not do Paath the way it's done under the link so I'm more confused lol 

Thank you for the link though, appreciate it. 

1 hour ago, GurpreetKaur said:

No veer Jee, I have not. But my aim for first sehaj Paath is to do it and learn the meanings. Since Naam simran should be important I think.  

And To be honest I don't know which pronunciation is right. So many peopledo it with different style. For instance, the link you provided is new to me. I have never heard anyone pronouncing everything like the way it's written.

I would say Hadoor and most of the YouTube bani people say it too but here it's hadoorey.

Vaparwah is vaparwahu.

To me Maskeen ji is someone I can close my eyes and trust and even Maskeen ji did not do Paath the way it's done under the link so I'm more confused lol 

Sister, have you heard of Damdami Taksal (DDT)?

The link, which was provided, is for advanced Paathis. Try listening to this.

Bhul chuk maaf

1 minute ago, paapiman said:

Sister, have you heard of Damdami Taksal (DDT)?

The link, which was provided, is for advanced Paathis. Try listening to this.

Bhul chuk maaf

Hanji...He is my favorite Gurbani reading Bhai sahib ji. I always listen to him. Thank you 

Just now, GurpreetKaur said:

Hanji...He is my favorite Gurbani reading Bhai sahib ji. I always listen to him. Thank you 

He is an amazing Gursikh. He is a Taksali Singh.

Sister, IMHO, one must not do a Sehat Path, until one has completed Santheya of Gurbani. Rest is your choice.

You can also do Santheya online. Please check the link below.

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audio.php?q=f&f=%2FGurbani_Ucharan%2FBhindran_Taksal_Santhya

Bhul chuk maaf

Veer ji, with all respect, I believe in persons feelings and thoughts behind their actions. vaheguroo makes us do everything, if by starting it I am making a mistake I will find out and will face the consequences. But at this point I have a desire to start and my mistakes of pronunciation can be corrected since I will be listening to it while doing it. It's like learning  and doing it, I don't know what santheya means to be honest, I think it means being able to pronounce it right way. Thank you for your help, I will also check out the link to learn santheya too. Appreciate it 

2 minutes ago, GurpreetKaur said:

Veer ji, with all respect, I believe in persons feelings and thoughts behind their actions. vaheguroo makes us do everything, if by starting it I am making a mistake I will find out and will face the consequences. But at this point I have a desire to start and my mistakes of pronunciation can be corrected since I will be listening to it while doing it. It's like learning  and doing it, I don't know what santheya means to be honest, I think it means being able to pronounce it right way. Thank you for your help, I will also check out the link to learn santheya too. Appreciate it 

Sister, who will you listen to? Which Paathi?

Bhul chuk maaf

53 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Has he recited the complete saroop?

Thanks

Bhul chuk maaf

Not that I am aware of but it's all good. I think I will stick to reading the meaning of sggs rather than saying planning to do sehaj paath. Doing from phone or iPad does not give the satisfaction of doing from gutka sahib ji. Thank you . Main aim is to learn and get inspired which I can do with the help of Gursikhs who has done the translation.

On January 6, 2016 at 7:40 AM, GurpreetKaur said:

Vaparwah is vaparwahu.

Ji, the paath in the link you mentioned is done extra extra slow for students to be able to understand the subtle pronounciation sounds. When doing paath normally you would not enunciate those sounds so much. Ordinarily they are very subtle and untrained paathi's do not pick up on them. 

Here is link to a site where you can see Gurbani, english, transliteration, and have the recording. You can change settings from preferences up top https://www.searchgurbani.com/guru_granth_sahib/ang_by_ang

Edited by Xylitol

12 hours ago, Xylitol said:

Ji, the paath in the link you mentioned is done extra extra slow for students to be able to understand the subtle pronounciation sounds. When doing paath normally you would not enunciate those sounds so much. Ordinarily they are very subtle and untrained paathi's do not pick up on them. 

Here is link to a site where you can see Gurbani, english, transliteration, and have the recording. You can change settings from preferences up top https://www.searchgurbani.com/guru_granth_sahib/ang_by_ang

I wanna know the name of paathi sahib ji too, it's so beautiful. Thank you ji for the link, they read Gurbani the way I can understand. Thank you.

On 1/7/2016 at 10:47 AM, GurpreetKaur said:

Not that I am aware of but it's all good. I think I will stick to reading the meaning of sggs rather than saying planning to do sehaj paath. Doing from phone or iPad does not give the satisfaction of doing from gutka sahib ji. Thank you . Main aim is to learn and get inspired which I can do with the help of Gursikhs who has done the translation.

Gurpreet jee, there are alternate ways to acquire the benefit (Phal) of a Sehaj Paath, 

Please check the topic below.

Bhul chuk maaf