Anyone heard about Mata Baljitkaur Canada waale

15 hours ago, GurpreetKaur said:

That's all I know, she's on youtube found her with google search. Lol Dhan baba google :)

Hehehe..lab hai je lab le ..baba googlanand kolo sab lab labh jaana

She is in my city and conducts camp at amritvela which my current schedule doesnt allow me to attend. I was wondering if she is affiliated to any jathebandi but doesnt look like that.

I went to one of Mata Baljit Kaurs camps at bebe nanki gurudwara handsworth birmingham

Session started at 4am

Basically you do basic exercises like :-

1) stretching

2)jumping

3)kicking with one leg and shouting

4)rolling of the arms 

5) In the background you have light music 

6) You do Waheguru simran

etc.. etc.. hope you get the feel of it

Theres different classes , beginners and advanced ( only went to beginners)

Then near the end , Mata Ji tells Sikh stories/ and about Gurbani . It was quite good I thought

10 hours ago, jaikaara said:

Hehehe..lab hai je lab le ..baba googlanand kolo sab lab labh jaana

She is in my city and conducts camp at amritvela which my current schedule doesnt allow me to attend. I was wondering if she is affiliated to any jathebandi but doesnt look like that.

Oh okay.. There is a website mysimraninfo.com. They do a lot of camps, I heard they have like 3 hours Naam simran. Usually camps are held in Canada and UK. Nobody likes us lol. You might wanna check them out, they are like traditional type and have good knowledge. But they don't do yoga and stuff  

On a side note, I think you might know about them( website) more than me. Lol

14 hours ago, GurpreetKaur said:

Oh okay.. There is a website mysimraninfo.com. They do a lot of camps, I heard they have like 3 hours Naam simran. Usually camps are held in Canada and UK. Nobody likes us lol. You might wanna check them out, they are like traditional type and have good knowledge. But they don't do yoga and stuff  

On a side note, I think you might know about them( website) more than me. Lol

Lol...no i dont know them, i have heard about them however they dont conduct any camps in India. So you and me are in the same boat ..India Amreeka has all the materialistic people  ;)

I would love to attend lectures on Puratan Sikhi  and keep searching though havent found much . Just that i listen more to Giani Inderjeet singh ji Raqbe waale and Giani Thakur singh ji Dadami Taksal and Giani Hardip singh ji Hazur sahib waale..

18 hours ago, DSG said:

I went to one of Mata Baljit Kaurs camps at bebe nanki gurudwara handsworth birmingham

Session started at 4am

Basically you do basic exercises like :-

1) stretching

2)jumping

3)kicking with one leg and shouting

4)rolling of the arms 

5) In the background you have light music 

6) You do Waheguru simran

etc.. etc.. hope you get the feel of it

Theres different classes , beginners and advanced ( only went to beginners)

Then near the end , Mata Ji tells Sikh stories/ and about Gurbani . It was quite good I thought

Cool ! i wish i would have made it .

1 hour ago, GurpreetKaur said:

I think when we see women in all white, we are programmed to think it's 3ho lol . I thought she's 3ho too lol 

Well all white, white turban, and yoga... I've worn white shirt and white turban before lol I'm sure I have been suspected of it too Ha ha. But I don't do yoga (used to do hot yoga a bit). 

15 hours ago, GurpreetKaur said:

I think when we see women in all white, we are programmed to think it's 3ho lol . I thought she's 3ho too lol 

WIW (Women in White ) and MIW (Men in White) they have to keep to themselves and non sikh circles..i think too much of exposure on youtube gave them a bad name.

• 5 months later...

Waheguruji ka khalsa Waheguruji ki fateh sangat ji!

There is a lot of assumption going on in the posts above. I've attended the 7 days compulsory basic camp last year (without which one cannot gain entry to the advanced camp) and the 4 days advanced camp which was held at Leicester in 2015. 

The basic 7 days camps, 4am to 6am are generally a way for beginners to ease their way to yoga and pranayama and how to incorporate Waheguru simran into it.  If you attend the whole week, you can see how the difficulty stages gradually increase. During the 4 days' advanced camp, the yogasanas gradually get tougher and are just meant to be an introduction to one's life, depending upon your ability.  There is only so much one can teach and learn in a few days' time. 

In regards, to the advanced camp, this has been one of the best moments in my life. Considering, that I have spent 13 years of my life at Baru Sahib, I have never had the privilege to be part of such an intense simran and sadhna programme. One of the basic rules are: NO TALKING and no electronic devices allowed. At all. For four days. 

The routine of the advanced camp is vaguely as follows:

2am - Parkash followed by simran and Nitnem. 

4am to 4:30 am - Sukhasan and small break. 

4:30am - Excercises, Yogasan, Pranayam, Simran and Katha veechar. 

7:30am - Breakfast. 

8am - Rest. 

11am - Meditation session

12:30 pm - Lunch  

1pm - rest 

4pm - snacks

4:30 pm - Simran, Rehras sahib, Aarti, Keertan, Katha, Simran  

7:30pm - Sukhasan

8pm - Dinner

9pm/9:30pm - lights out 

The camp is free of cost and all you do is eat, sleep, pray and yoga.

Following is the schedule for the Camps booked in the UK 2016:-

11th-17th July - Smethwick Camp, Guru Nanak Gurdwara, 128-130 High Street, Smethwick, West Midlands, B66 3AP

18th-24th July - Bradford Camp, Guru Gobind Singh Gurdwara, BD3 9JN.

25th Jul-31st Jul - Newcastle Camp, Gurdwara Singh Sabha, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE4 5RN.

1st-7th Aug - Coventry Camp, Guru Nanak Parkash Gurdwara, Harnall Lane, CV1 4FB.

8th-14th Aug - Southall Camp, Guru Singh Sabha Gurdwara, Havelock Rd, UB2 4NP.

15th-21st Aug - Slough Camp,  Ramgarhia Gurdwara,Woodland Avenue, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 3BU

22nd-28th Aug -  Gurdwara Bebe Nanaki ji, 189 Rookery Road, Birmingham B21 9PX

1st-4th Sep - Advanced Camp Chigwell, Guru Gobind Singh Khalsa College, Roding Lane, 1G7 6BQ.

Once, you attend the advanced camp, you're allowed to gain entry into the 11 days camp held in India at Dunera, Punjab.

Mata Baljit Kaur and her son Amardeep Singh are originally from Jalandhar and are now based in Canada where Mataji's daughter and elder son live too. 

Contrary to what has been posted above, they do actually conduct many, many camps in India all over the country and have been doing so for the past 10 years.

They are not in any way affiliated with 3HO and importance to Yoga and Pranayama at camps in only given to enhance the experience of doing Waheguru Simran. 

Personally, I love the way she tells Sakhian from Sikh Itihaas. This is one of my favourite ones: