18 minutes ago, Ragmaala said:

I had the same question as you,  reciting 32 times vs reciting once 32 praises.

Its a personal preference. I tried reciting it 32 times, it was tough, took me 40 minutes & was exhausted.  So if I want to do it, I just recite it once with full focus. Thats what works for me.

I came across Giani Thakur Singh's katha. He mentioned of a  80 year old Singh who was doing Brahm Kavach jaap since he was 5. He had reached upto 13 crore jaap of Brahm Kavach. So where do you stop ? at 32 or several lakhs ?

Veer ji you are right it is hard to do it in one go and have you got the link where Giani Thakur singh mentions it thanks

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2016 at 8:29 AM, mrhsinghk said:

I was just wondering if it is ok to do Kirtain Sohila after finshing Brahm Kavach Jaap ?

For example if Jaap is finished around 3am and you want to get to sleep as it is early. 

Bro, most likely, it should be fine. The three requirements, while/before reciting Sri Kirtan Sohila Sahib jee are:

• Panj Ishnana (washing of hands, feet, face, etc)
  • Be in a sitting posture (don't recite this Gurbani, while walking)
  • Direction - facing pillow

Bhul chuk maaf

21 hours ago, paapiman said:

Bro, most likely, it should be fine. The three requirements, while/before reciting Sri Kirtan Sohila Sahib jee are:

• Panj Ishnana (washing of hands, feet, face, etc)
  • Be in a sitting posture (don't recite this Gurbani, while walking)
  • Direction - facing pillow

Bhul chuk maaf

Thanks Veer Ji I didn't know facing pillow direction part before

14 minutes ago, mrhsinghk said:

Thanks Veer Ji I didn't know facing pillow direction part before

Facing pillow is to do with facing north. ..this has been scientifically proven in terms of the electromagnetic energy fields that surround us and compass pointing north.

17 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Bro, the pillow could be facing any direction. Is it better to sleep with your pillow pointing towards north? or do meditation facing north?

Bhul chuk maaf

I see what you mean,,  My meaning is that it is wise to have pillow in such direction so that when lying down; the head is in line with earths electromagnetic field, which is itself pointing North. If you look at a diagram showing these fields, you might remember that a straight energy line runs from North to South in the field.. The idea is to be parallel in this field. As for facing the pillow or having your back to it, many people don't think it matters because you are still sitting straight with your own energy fields being paralle-l as you have to remember that the direction is upwards and straight.(remember it is 3-D and not as in 2 dimensional diagram)

I hope you can see what I mean as it's tricky to explain and I'm not very good at wording this kind of stuff!

4 hours ago, Lucky said:

I see what you mean,,  My meaning is that it is wise to have pillow in such direction so that when lying down; the head is in line with earths electromagnetic field, which is itself pointing North. If you look at a diagram showing these fields, you might remember that a straight energy line runs from North to South in the field.. The idea is to be parallel in this field. As for facing the pillow or having your back to it, many people don't think it matters because you are still sitting straight with your own energy fields being paralle-l as you have to remember that the direction is upwards and straight.(remember it is 3-D and not as in 2 dimensional diagram)

I hope you can see what I mean as it's tricky to explain and I'm not very good at wording this kind of stuff!

I don't remember the term but just like human body have meridian points I think, earth has them too and I read many major sights are actually built on them to harness the energy. So, our major Gurughars are built on them too? Ley lines, now I remember lol. 

Most of the ancient sights like Giza pyramid, stonehenge,tiwanaku are built on ley lines if I remember them correctly. I always thought maybe Harmandir sahib ji is built on those energy grids too but never found on Google lol 

And crop circles are so fascinating too? Our Punjab never had single one of them :(

10 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

@Luckysadhguru says dont sleep in the direction of north.  heres the link:............

He may say so,...and he may be right and I might be wrong. But let me just clarify..that what I mentioned above is NOT from what flanaa or themkaraa said.. but what I know from my own experience and understanding.........

..to me, it makes sense,.... because all direction of ascension is going North and upwards towards north pole energies. The centre or core of the earth is considered loha. I don't want to be directing my energies downwards and southerly towards this loha, but I wanna be going the opposite way towards the light, ..the Gold... the kanchan. Gurbani says that the guru is Paras(philosophers stone) and can transfer you from Loha to kanchan-Gold. 

This is just the way that I understand how the universe works and it doesn't make sense to me to go against or counter-cross natural energy fields.Good luck to sadhguru fella, .. but I just follow my interpretations of gurbani whenever possible.

6 hours ago, GurpreetKaur said:

I don't remember the term but just like human body have meridian points I think, earth has them too and I read many major sights are actually built on them to harness the energy. So, our major Gurughars are built on them too? Ley lines, now I remember lol. 

Most of the ancient sights like Giza pyramid, stonehenge,tiwanaku are built on ley lines if I remember them correctly. I always thought maybe Harmandir sahib ji is built on those energy grids too but never found on Google lol 

And crop circles are so fascinating too? Our Punjab never had single one of them :(

Yes, the earth does. High spiritual energy places around the globe are also places where natural earth activity will be high; like earthquake fault lines, volcanic eruptions etc..

20 hours ago, BhagatSingh said:

Lol we don't get alien visitation either (except Hrithik Roshan in that movie). Either aliens are racist or they are terrified of brown people, which is also racist.

Lol, I think we had enough visitation in ancient time with all those brahma, Indra landing from sky. I don't know what is it, maybe in ancient time people had more access to their hidden powers  so they were able to witness all of that. In this century, very few people see unseen stuff.  That reminded me of a study, I think it was Monroe institute or that ayahuasca guy, he put some subjects in a dark room and played with their minds and they were seeing blue beings and reported seeing shiv look like beings and them people were not Indians, they were Gorey. I think shiv ji and Krishna ji were blue beings. Gora people call Hindu deities an aliens lol

21 hours ago, Lucky said:

He may say so,...and he may be right and I might be wrong. But let me just clarify..that what I mentioned above is NOT from what flanaa or themkaraa said.. but what I know from my own experience and understanding.........

..to me, it makes sense,.... because all direction of ascension is going North and upwards towards north pole energies. The centre or core of the earth is considered loha. I don't want to be directing my energies downwards and southerly towards this loha, but I wanna be going the opposite way towards the light, ..the Gold... the kanchan. Gurbani says that the guru is Paras(philosophers stone) and can transfer you from Loha to kanchan-Gold. 

This is just the way that I understand how the universe works and it doesn't make sense to me to go against or counter-cross natural energy fields.Good luck to sadhguru fella, .. but I just follow my interpretations of gurbani whenever possible.

i dont mean sadhgurus word is in stone ..

but thanks for sharing your experience

its good to have all the knowledge & perspectives in mind :)