Singh Sabha Canada

CdnSikhGirl

i do not know about singh sabha canada..but DDT is not a jatha/sect..its a tradition of nihangs and nirmalas...these were started by the tenth master himself.

so to put DDT in the same bracket as the sect of AKJ is desrespectful in itself..

im not here to conversate about singh sabha canada but just to state DDT is not a sect/jatha but part of guru maharajs samprada..

6 minutes ago, samurai said:

i do not know about singh sabha canada..but DDT is not a jatha/sect..its a tradition of nihangs and nirmalas...these were started by the tenth master himself.

so to put DDT in the same bracket as the sect of AKJ is desrespectful in itself..

im not here to conversate about singh sabha canada but just to state DDT is not a sect/jatha but part of guru maharajs samprada..

But what I meant is DDT has their own rules, their own rehet maryada, etc.  and operate their own Gurdwaras. So do AKJ, so does 3HO etc.  Is Singh Sabha like that or are they just an organization which does parchar and spread info??  And actually DDT members many of them seem to have respect for AKJ especially how they do simran. So your remarks are kind of disrespectful to AKJ.  Plus, DDT that exists today is not necessarily the very same DDT that existed to begin with. Even if the lineage has never been broken (has it?) the current way it's run may be completely different than was originally done. Just saying they are a 'group' of Sikhs with a similar set of rules etc. same as AKJ, 3HO etc. unless the word Jatha has a different meaning, I thought it meant group??  Is Singh Sabha like that, or are they just an organization that exists outside of that?? 

singh sabha canada is a group that tries to use the good name of the singh sabha movement to spread their missionary prachar. It's basically hardcore anti-gurmat prachar. 

Most gurdwaras (probably almost all) you find bearing the name Singh Sabha have no relation with them. 

Edited by Xylitol

5 minutes ago, Xylitol said:

singh sabha canada is a group that tries to use the good name of the singh sabha movement to spread their missionary prachar. It's basically hardcore anti-gurmat prachar. 

Most gurdwaras (probably almost all) you find bearing the name Singh Sabha have no relation with them. 

How is what they are doing anti-Gurmat?  They seem to stress Sikh Rehet Maryada, SGGSJ, etc. I can't see anything on their site that looks anti-Gurmat.... did I miss something?

Also, they seem to be associated with Singh Sabha International... so its not just Canadian. 

Also I found another in Ontario... Sacha Sauda Gurmat Parchar Society.  

14 hours ago, Satkirin_Kaur said:

Just saying they are a 'group' of Sikhs with a similar set of rules etc. same as AKJ, 3HO etc. unless the word Jatha has a different meaning, I thought it meant group??

You have been told many times before what Taksal is.

7 hours ago, Satkirin_Kaur said:

How is what they are doing anti-Gurmat?  They seem to stress Sikh Rehet Maryada, SGGSJ, etc. I can't see anything on their site that looks anti-Gurmat.... did I miss something?

They do not stress maryada. They say that naam simran is useless, and are trying to sideline the sikh prayers from Sri Dasme Patshah's Granth from daily recitiation. They give grossly wrong meanings to Gurbani and other Sikh literature (as your scholar sikh-khoj did) and have been trying to confuse the Panth into giving up its long cherished traditions.

How could you miss that?

1 hour ago, Xylitol said:

They don't believe in the very basic teaching of Sikhi - Naam Simran. They call it useless. Gurbani emphasises it more than anything. 

Really??? I never saw anything about that lol I'll have to look for it on their site now haha.

I can say simran especially when I did in samagam at Amrit vela was the most powerful thing I have felt!!!!

3 hours ago, Xylitol said:

They don't believe in the very basic teaching of Sikhi - Naam Simran. They call it useless. Gurbani emphasises it more than anything. 

Are you sure about this? 

32 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

Are you sure about this? 

I can vouch for what  Xylitol said . They don't beleive in naam simran especially singh sabha in canada they call it parroting - taking away devotional aspect in Sikhi. They beleive in gyan and sach-sat which is quite fine if they really know the actual meaning of gyan of one self and sat-truth in gurbani but their version of gyan and truth-sat is reduced to everyday worldly knowledge and truthful living- civil quality of civil citizen which is way too simplistic when it comes to gnosis of Guru relationship with Sikh and it also takes away all of mysticism, spiritualism from gurbani.

45 minutes ago, N30 S!NGH said:

I can vouch for what  Xylitol said . They don't beleive in naam simran especially singh sabha in canada they call it parroting - taking away devotional aspect in Sikhi. They beleive in gyan and sach-sat which is quite fine if they really know the actual meaning of gyan of one self and sat-truth in gurbani but their version of gyan and truth-sat is reduced to everyday worldly knowledge and truthful living- civil quality of civil citizen which is way too simplistic when it comes to gnosis of Guru relationship with Sikh and it also takes away all of mysticism, spiritualism from gurbani.

Oh they are not like those I see online posting Gurbani in a very atheistic interpretation? Like they interpret reincarnation / transmigration as only states of mind?? 

I am not saying anything about donation. I don't think we should cut out donation to site itself just because some of it members have some ideological differences when it comes to sikhi. That site has still has good stuff and has much common ground material which all sikhs can agree on. World isn't black and white.

1 minute ago, Satkirin_Kaur said:

Oh these guys are awesome!!!!!! i go to them all the time to buy stuff like perfumes, religious stuff & books, and donate whenever we buy a gutka sahib.  They are like 15 mins away from me.

They do not take money for Gurbani Pothis etc so people pay acc. to their sardha. These guys are good, def. support them :) And the volunteers are usually doing sewa inside all the time. We were also fortunate to have Guru Granth Sahib Ji from them . Thanks to these guys :)

5 minutes ago, Ragmaala said:

Oh these guys are awesome!!!!!! i go to them all the time to buy stuff like perfumes, religious stuff & books, and donate whenever we buy a gutka sahib.  They are like 15 mins away from me.

They do not take money for Gurbani Pothis etc so people pay acc. to their sardha. These guys are good, def. support them :) And the volunteers are usually doing sewa inside all the time. We were also fortunate to have Guru Granth Sahib Ji from them . Thanks to these guys :)

I actually ordered some stuff from them before... some of the 1" adjustable gatras. Was looking at some books too...  But are they just a store? Or do they do other things?

http://khojee.blogspot.ca/2008/05/truth-about-canadian-singh-sabha-and.html

They used to have a video on youtube openly calling puratan sants like Sant Isher Singh ji,  Baba Nand Singh ji etc, dehdari pakhandi gurus. They openly said that, tried to point out various ''flaws'' etc. I think they've taken it down. Now their youtube channel seems to focus on tackling the damdami taksal, probably b/c DDT did a lot of Gurmat prachar and were popular post-84. 

It seems like singh sabha canada is equivalent to the tiger jatha uk that were making big noise a few years back. Same sort of thing anti dasam grath, anti simran anti following sants etc. calling naam simran parroting was a common quote coming out of the group, when you mentioned parroting neo singh the memories came flooding back..lol

Canadian sikhs your going to have to tackle this head on as if they get momentum that ideology is gonna spread like a disease..

8 hours ago, Xylitol said:

They used to have a video on youtube openly calling puratan sants like Sant Isher Singh ji,  Baba Nand Singh ji etc, dehdari pakhandi gurus.

one of their more recent ones often repeated is, "what good did naam-simran do in operation bluestar"?

and     "why didn't the bullets of the indian army get turned away by the naam-simran?"

Maybe we should get someone from there on here, because I am sure they also do much good... Maybe a few have bad intentions about simran etc, but I can't see the organization as a whole being bad. They do a lot of charity don't they? And they have lots of literature etc. on their site.  They may have a few bad points but so do all the jathas / sampradas etc... they all have positive and negatives... why can't we look at the positives only?? 

4 hours ago, Satkirin_Kaur said:

And they have lots of literature etc. on their site.

We saw an example of their literature here not so long ago. They produce literature which includes wrongly translated work, edited work to give different meanings, different standards of criteria ( a favourite is Ram in Guru Granth Sahib is different from Ram in Sri Dasme Patshah's Granth) and some of it is just completely irrelevant and nonsensical (like Guru Nanak eating halal meat at mecca).

When you have literature like that, I feel so sorry for the trees that were cut down to produce that trash. And even sorry for the people who read it and believe it.