Singh Sabha Canada

CdnSikhGirl

15 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

It's not one dimensional, with hunting - all the chasing (cardio),  aiming weapons accurately and coordination between the hunting party (not to mention the experience of putting oneself in danger if the animal was dangerous ) are skills that would be honed by hunting. I'm not saying we should all go out hunting now, just that there are obvious reasons why these things were practiced and advantageous to our forefathers and encouraged by dasmesh pita. 

Good points. Hunting tigers, boars, lions, bears and other wild animals definitely involves risks, especially if the hunting party does not have any guns.

Bhul chuk maaf

Just now, CdnSikhGirl said:

Maybe we should encourage it more?? Instead of encouraging lavish lehengas, and jewelry etc. Bana looks awesome and she looks fearless!  THAT'S the image of Kaur!!!  

It depends on the Singh. If the Singh is strong in Bana & Bani, he will also want a Singhni who is strong likewise.

Not women are alike tho, & not all singhs .

Bana is good, but many people overabuse it these days. They do it for fashion.

I see singhnias with Dumallas but full makeup, & trimmed eyebrows. Whats the point there,

14 minutes ago, Ragmaala said:

How come only a groom gets to carry a sword during the wedding barat or lavan. Isn't the woman capable to carry a sword or not able to defend herself if she was being attacked by lootere. So unfair right lol ?

Only the groom carrying the sword is part of Punjabi/Indian culture. According to Rehat Maryada, a Kirpan is given to the bride's family too.

Bhul chuk maaf

12 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Good points. Hunting tigers, boars, lions, bears and other wild animals definitely involves risks, especially if the hunting party does not have any guns.

Bhul chuk maaf

Remember that they were living in jungles for a period too. So the chances of encountering wild predators like the above was much higher than normal. 

2 hours ago, paapiman said:

Sister, Gurbani is more than enough to make people brave and courageous, but not all people are at a level to extract full benefit from it. Maharaaj used human psychology too, to infuse war like instincts into us.

One needs a strong stomach to be in a battle. It is not very easy for a normal human to see body parts flying all over the place, blood and other bodily fluids being splattered, intestines ripped open, severed arms, legs, heads, etc, lying on the ground, people crying and screaming in extreme pain, etc.

Jhatka Maryada, Shikar (hunting) of wild animals and Sri Dasam Gurbani prepares a person mentally and physically to be in a battle field.

Bhul chuk maaf

Timehave changed and now soldiers don't fight the way our ancestors used to fight. You can't go to a battle field with a sword while they bringing guns and tanks. Normal people don't go to war, even if someone is in danger you can learn martial art to protect yourself or others. People eating meat just to sit in office makes no sense. Maybe meat makes people stronger, I don't know never had an interest to learn and desire to try. But I am sure many vegetarians, vegan and even breatherians are strong.

Veerji, what is jhatka maryada? I once saw a video where they killed a goat inside the Gurughar, cuz shastars were hungry. I don't know the maryada and ritual but that made me cry. And what about karams? Does that not increase your lekha jokha since you just killed a being?. 

2 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

Satkirin,

How come only a groom gets to carry a sword during the wedding barat or lavan. Isn't the woman capable to carry a sword or not able to defend herself if she was being attacked by lootere. So unfair right lol ?

@CdnSikhGirl@GurpreetKaur

hehe, I will have some pop-corn ready.

Haha.. I don't wanna carry no sword. Got my nails and phone to call 911. :) plus the biggest advantage of being a female is, there will be enough men to handle lootere for us lol. So, not unfair. And why tag me? I am usually on you men's side lol.

3 minutes ago, GurpreetKaur said:

Haha.. I don't wanna carry no sword. Got my nails and phone to call 911. :) plus the biggest advantage of being a female is, there will be enough men to handle lootere for us lol. So, not unfair. And why tag me? I am usually on you men's side lol.

i tagged you to get your input.

Remember, Narsingh Avtar killed Harnaksh with His nails only. So yea keep those talons (nails ) ready & sharp lol ;)

2 hours ago, CdnSikhGirl said:

FULLY AGREE WITH YOU ON THIS!!!!!

Waheguru Ji did not mess up. Natural is beautiful. 

Well you don't have a lot of facial hair. Many Sikh women have excessive hair and not all of them can easily accept it. 

at 2:32 she's tryna hide her beard. Did she accept gods will? I don't think so. Many women go through hormonal therapy to get rid of excessive hair since they can't cut it being Amritdhari. If you notice the bride and groom, they look good. I mean the clothes and the way they are dressed up is not simple and is very fashionable. She just not wearing make up, but everything else is too bling bling lol. 

33 minutes ago, Ragmaala said:

i tagged you to get your input.

Remember, Narsingh Avtar killed Harnaksh with His nails only. So yea keep those talons (nails ) ready & sharp lol ;)

Haha ok ok..yup they are ready. I don't know if I can really ever hurt someone. I used to carry scissor with me when passing kala people area,I am not being racist but they are either over friendly or over aggressive lol. Canada have black people too? When I went there, I saw so many Punjabi people on street and I was like going crazy dad see over there, a guy with turban. See over there a woman wearing suit lol. My dad was like okay stop counting or you will get tired lol.

Good place though, a lot of Indian shops. We are dependent upon Google baba ji.

2 minutes ago, GurpreetKaur said:

Haha ok ok..yup they are ready. I don't know if I can really ever hurt someone. I used to carry scissor with me when passing kala people area,I am not being racist but they are either over friendly or over aggressive lol. Canada have black people too? When I went there, I saw so many Punjabi people on street and I was like going crazy dad see over there, a guy with turban. See over there a woman wearing suit lol. My dad was like okay stop counting or you will get tired lol.

Good place though, a lot of Indian shops. We are dependent upon Google baba ji.

Haha we have black people here as well.

1 hour ago, GurpreetKaur said:

Timehave changed and now soldiers don't fight the way our ancestors used to fight. You can't go to a battle field with a sword while they bringing guns and tanks. Normal people don't go to war, even if someone is in danger you can learn martial art to protect yourself or others. 

Times have changed in terms of technology, but human psychology still comes into play in battle. Maharaaj knew very well, how to make us warriors.

Bhul chuk maaf

People eating meat just to sit in office makes no sense. Maybe meat makes people stronger, I don't know never had an interest to learn and desire to try. But I am sure many vegetarians, vegan and even breatherians are strong.

Meat eating is a separate topic Sister. Daas is staunchly against meat eating, but respects Jhatka and Shaheedi degh Maryada. We, as Sikhs, have no option, but to respect the maryadas made by Maharaaj.

Meat eating has already been discussed on this forum. Please go through the below topics.

Bhul chuk maaf

Veerji, what is jhatka maryada? I once saw a video where they killed a goat inside the Gurughar, cuz shastars were hungry. I don't know the maryada and ritual but that made me cry. And what about karams? Does that not increase your lekha jokha since you just killed a being?. 

Gurparsaad, Daas will make a topic on Jhatka Maryada.

Few key points:

• The blood of the sacrificed animal is applied to the Shastars.
  • Gurbani is recited before slaughtering the animal.
  • Only adult male animals are sacrificed
  • The soul of the animal can be liberated, by the Ardaas of 5 Singhs
  • The soul of the animal can acquire a human body, by the Ardaas of 5 Singhs.

Bhul chuk maaf

3 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Gurparsaad, Daas will make a topic on Jhatka Maryada.

Few key points:

• The blood of the sacrificed animal is applied to the Shastars.
  • Gurbani is recited before slaughtering the animal.
  • Only adult male animals are sacrificed
  • The soul of the animal can be liberated by the Ardaas of 5 Singhs
  • The soul of the animal can acquire a human body by the Ardaas of 5 Singhs.

Bhul chuk maaf

If soul of the animal is liberated then I might won't have any problem since every being has the right to advance. Not sure about the blood being applied to shastars, but if last two lines works who am I to complain I guess. Rest, Baba ji knows.

2 minutes ago, GurpreetKaur said:

If soul of the animal is liberated then I might won't have any problem since every being has the right to advance. Not sure about the blood being applied to shastars, but if last two lines works who am I to complain I guess. Rest, Baba ji knows.

But do we know that's what happens? Or are we just saying that to make ourselves feel better about killing an innocent animal? 

In nature eventually ALL animals will evolve spiritually and reach human form. Is it up to us to kill them to make it faster? What purpose to cover weapons in blood of an innocent?? 
Btw spiritual evolution --- that is the nature of the Universe. Unfolding consciousness... through four stages --- mineral --- plant ---- animal ---- human. 

2 minutes ago, CdnSikhGirl said:

But do we know that's what happens? Or are we just saying that to make ourselves feel better about killing an innocent animal? 

In nature eventually ALL animals will evolve spiritually and reach human form. Is it up to us to kill them to make it faster? What purpose to cover weapons in blood of an innocent?? 
Btw spiritual evolution --- that is the nature of the Universe. Unfolding consciousness... through four stages --- mineral --- plant ---- animal ---- human. 

If they are spiritual, I am sure they know what they doing. And if they don't know then they are increasing their paap. Agree but Karam plays huge role too. I might be wrong but I always though when we came on this plane, we chose major life lessons we wanna learn. To be honest, when someone is doing a paap, more than hurting others they are hurting themselves in the long run. All I can say most of the spiritual people understand life and Karams very well so what seems bad to us can be something good in their eyes. I don't know.

I heard this saakhi, someone correct it since long time ago I heard. I think 10th Master killed a rabbit and the soul which was trapped in the rabbit body got liberation. So I never had a problem with 10th Master hunting since he was liberating those souls. The same can go with highly advanced spiritual people.

I don't know, I need to become more spiritual advance to see things so time to meditate now lol 

I heard this saakhi, someone correct it since long time ago I heard. I think 10th Master killed a rabbit and the soul which was trapped in the rabbit body got liberation. So I never had a problem with 10th Master hunting since he was liberating those souls. The same can go with highly advanced spiritual people.

It was Moola Khatri jee, who was in the form of rabbit. He was killed by Maharaaj and liberated. 

5 Singhs (Rehatvaan Gursikhs) also have the power to liberate a soul. Sri Satguru jee has passed his powers to the Khalsa.

Bhul chuk maaf