Singh Sabha Canada

CdnSikhGirl

17 hours ago, paapiman said:

It was Moola Khatri jee, who was in the form of rabbit. He was killed by Maharaaj and liberated. 

5 Singhs (Rehatvaan Gursikhs) also have the power to liberate a soul. Sri Satguru jee has passed his powers to the Khalsa.

Bhul chuk maaf

What if panj peyray are not really spiritually advanced ? Do they go through some sort of test? 

1 hour ago, GurpreetKaur said:

What if panj peyray are not really spiritually advanced ? Do they go through some sort of test? 

I am not sure about test but they do have to have some prerequisites. Following are some that I know of :

- They never in their life should have done a Bajjar Kurehit ( hukka, halal, hajamat, haram). If they were pardoned for it, it is still seen as a kalank or as a knot in thread.

- They need to have all 5 Banis memorized by heart.

- They must maintain rehit of 5 Kakars all time.

- And they should be great naam and bani abhyasis most of the time.

- Also they cannot disclose any pvt information that is revealed to them when people come for pesh.

- When the 5 pyaras get ready for sewa, there are 6 singhs in the room. Each person has to get pesh in front of 5 singhs who wants to do sewa. They have to reveal about any shortcomings they have had, like missing nitnem, or having any bad thoughts or any doubts. He gets pardoned & then is allowed in Sewa. Similarly, all 5 singhs go through the same process.

- in their daily lives, these people have to emulate high moral & spiritual character, way more than us normal people.

So these guys are usually well respected & known,but indeed its a difficult sewa/

But yes, there is no litmus test which can tell us about the spirituality of the pyara.

4 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

I am not sure about test but they do have to have some prerequisites. Following are some that I know of :

- They never in their life should have done a Bajjar Kurehit ( hukka, halal, hajamat, haram). If they were pardoned for it, it is still seen as a kalank or as a knot in thread.

- They need to have all 5 Banis memorized by heart.

- They must maintain rehit of 5 Kakars all time.

- And they should be great naam and bani abhyasis most of the time.

- Also they cannot disclose any pvt information that is revealed to them when people come for pesh.

- When the 5 pyaras get ready for sewa, there are 6 singhs in the room. Each person has to get pesh in front of 5 singhs who wants to do sewa. They have to reveal about any shortcomings they have had, like missing nitnem, or having any bad thoughts or any doubts. He gets pardoned & then is allowed in Sewa. Similarly, all 5 singhs go through the same process.

- in their daily lives, these people have to emulate high moral & spiritual character, way more than us normal people.

So these guys are usually well respected & known,but indeed its a difficult sewa/

But yes, there is no litmus test which can tell us about the spirituality of the pyara.

That make sense, thanks for explaining. 

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, sarabatam said:

I know infamous singh sabha gurdwara in brampton - Sikh Lehar Center recently went through polar opposite committee change and total over haul. I was there at somebody function, they are much more panthic in terms in parchar. They had puratan samparda literature in their library.

Thats good news. Do you know what the missionaries are u0p to now? have they tried to open up their own place?

7 hours ago, sarabatam said:

I know infamous singh sabha gurdwara in brampton - Sikh Lehar Center recently went through polar opposite committee change and total over haul. I was there at somebody function, they are much more panthic in terms in parchar. They had puratan samparda literature in their library.

That committee has since changed. 

16 minutes ago, sarabatam said:

I was there last year during December if that helps.

I was too. First the committee was missionary, then it came under control of the youths and was renamed Dookh Nivaran. The youth after about a year could not pay the bills properly so they left and now its under some other guy.

8 minutes ago, Singh123456777 said:

I was too. First the committee was missionary, then it came under control of the youths and was renamed Dookh Nivaran. The youth after about a year could not pay the bills properly so they left and now its under some other guy.

Got it. After missionaries , some lawyer was handling operations and under him international students were allowed to stay free as long as they do full seva. Not sure what happened afterwards.

4 hours ago, sarabatam said:

Got it. After missionaries , some lawyer was handling operations and under him international students were allowed to stay free as long as they do full seva. Not sure what happened afterwards.

The Nishan sahib's color was changed from blue to orange.

Who are the people in charge now? Missionaries or Sampradai?

Anyways, someone had informed us about the changes in that Gurudwara in 2016. According to that Guest, the lease was taken over by a young Singh. 

Bhul chuk maaf

40 minutes ago, paapiman said:

The Nishan sahib's color was changed from blue to orange.

Who are the people in charge now? Missionaries or Sampradai?

Anyways, someone had informed us about the changes in that Gurudwara in 2016. According to that Guest, the lease was taken over by a young Singh. 

Bhul chuk maaf

The young singh has been gone since last year. The new committee brought over a nihang from rakba for granthi seva and he changed the nishan from orange to blue. That nihang is gone from that gurdwara now. The committe that is in charge now is just regular punjabis

• 3 months later...