Sri Charitropakhyan Sahib jee Series - Charitar #3

paapiman

21 hours ago, N30 S!NGH said:

Does it say anywhere she is married or got forced to marry?

Bro, it does not mention about marriage. 

Another fact mentioned is that she was a daughter of a ਗ੍ਵਾਰ. This word can mean - fool or an illiterate.

This could possibly suggest:

• She was uneducated
  • Her father was a fool and did not know about her daughters illicit sexual activities.

Bhul chuk maaf

22 hours ago, N30 S!NGH said:

she had full consciouness of understanding the highs and lows of life

The Gurmukhi version is below:

ਊਚ ਨੀਚ ਤਾ ਸੌ ਸਦਾ ਨਿਤਪ੍ਰਤਿ ਕਰੈ ਜੁਹਾਰ ॥੩॥

Another meaning - She would greet men (irrespective of their high or low caste/status) on a daily basis.

This possibly indicates

• She had a gregarious nature
  • She had cordial relations with many people
  • Even people of high caste liked her

Bhul chuk maaf

Another take away from this story in my opinion is that a man should try to keep himself fit & healthy by doing exercise & workouts. This will keep his body healthy, make him a good parent, make him attractive to his wife, he will be able to satisfy the desires of his wife better. It has been written in ancient texts and a general consensus that for a man it is very easy to get satisfied but it takes some time to satisfy a woman. A woman needs more love, security & passion from his man. Apparently, when a woman gets passionate, she is 10 times more passionate than a man. Only a man who is in fit condition , not fat, can do so . And we know health is wealth. A healthy, fit body will work in personal relations, as well as a healthy mind and a good ground for spiritual cultivation as well.

par nari ki sej bhool supne me na jahiyo

nij nari ke sang tum neh nith badayi ho

Do not go near another woman's bed ( not your wife) even in your dreams, but develop care & love for your own wife.

15 hours ago, Satkirin_Kaur said:

So my final analysis of this one is:

Lesson is for parents: don't force young daughters into marriage with fat old ugly grandpas who they want nothing to do with because women will still follow her heart, young men will still follow their penises and the old fart will be made fool of. Though he should have known to never marry a young woman who could be his granddaughter anyway because that's just creepy and gross. The fault is on the old guy really for ever marrying her and for her parents forcing her into such a marriage. She should have just run away before the wedding... The girl is really the victim in this.

Men are victims too, she's giving them disease lol. And she could not rebel against her parents about forced marriage but had the guts to bring another man in the house while hubby is coming home? Come on now lol. She's pretty as hell so I am sure she won't lack proposals.lol 

22 minutes ago, GurpreetKaur said:

Men are victims too, she's giving them disease lol. And she could not rebel against her parents about forced marriage but had the guts to bring another man in the house while hubby is coming home? Come on now lol. She's pretty as hell so I am sure she won't lack proposals.lol

So are you agreeing the story just means she is a slut?? The guys on here told me to look for positive... that it wasn't putting women down.  So I did... It wasnt saying she was forced to marry that guy but no woman would willingly have sex with a fat old ugly guy - especially when they have a younger slim one!  The only way she would have been having sex with that grandpa is because she was forced into arranged marriage with him. She obviously couldn't have loved him. 

If you think this charitar is pointing finger at women, then you are proving my point that the stories are engineered to make women look like sluts and deceivers.  I tried my best to find something else in it that didnt make her out to be a slut.

So is it: She is a slut and deceiver? If so, then my point still stands... why would 'gurbani' paint women in this light??? There is no positive from it if all its saying is that women are sluts and deceivers... I like my version better. She was a victim forced to marry an old guy who she did not love so she followed her hear and had the young guy who is her own age on the side. It doesnt make adultry okay... but it also doesn't make her out to just be a slut with no morals either.

Sat (work)

It wasnt saying she was forced to marry that guy but no woman would willingly have sex with a fat old ugly guy - especially when they have a younger slim one!  The only way she would have been having sex with that grandpa is because she was forced into arranged marriage with him. She obviously couldn't have loved him. 

Women do that all the time which rich guys - of their own volition tooarticle-2601626-1CFFF00900000578-687_634:

article-2419568-1BC8A08C000005DC-723_306

I would not call her slut but I don't think she's a victim either. It's a one character, just cuz one woman is fooling around does not mean all of us are fooling around too lol. Can you find a charitar which you think is putting bad light on men? 

To me both parties are losing in this one under all sort of circumstances lol. No man over here refused to acknowledge that men think with their -------. If they accept that men have problem with their kaam then maybe we can accept that we do have the power to deceive too lol. And it can go other way around too, where a woman is under the lust and man is deceiving her lol

dalsingh ji, You cant compare western morals, where idea of divorce etc and seeing marriage as 'temporary' are common. I highly doubt that back then in India, where marriage is seen as being for life, that a woman would lock herself into such a marriage willingly knowing it means she would never be able to remarry etc. Remember these stories are all retellings of older Hindu stories. In that tradition, women would have been expected to kill herself when her husband died. So why marry an older man who might die soon?? LOL You wont get any riches out of it. Those widows who did not kill themselves were forced into poverty and a lifetime of 'mourning' afterward. So it makes no sense to marry an older guy at all with so much (your very life) at stake.

I can't think of any of the charitars which depict males as the sluts and deceivers at all. In vast majority, the woman looks like a slut with no morals, and using deception to get someone into the sack, while the men are made out to be all gullible victims (yes because of their penises) but it doesn't change the fact that the tone is that the men are the victims and the women are the evil ones. That's the picture nearly ALL of them give. Unless you start to examine why like in this example... a young beautiful woman would even be with an old fat ugly grandpa to begin with, taking culture into account. She wouldnt unless she was put into that situation forcibly via arranged marriage (or as a prostitute) but we can rule out the prostitute thing because he acted in the story as if he had no idea of her being with other males. A man going to a prostitute would automatically expect it.

I want to see a charitar that shows the opposite... a man deceiving a woman and the woman being gullible. Or else my observation stands... its engineered to make women look the deceivers and immoral and sluts while it makes men look gullible... well looking gullible is not good but it's definitely NOT as bad as being seen as a slut and deceiver.

Sat (work)

The names used in this Gurbani are also profound.

Examples of two names used by Maharaaj in the Charitars:

Sehaj Kala, which can possibly mean:

• the one who has achieved Turiya avastha 
  • peaceful person
  • patient person
  • knowledgeable person
  • negotiator

Anuraag Mati, which can possibly mean:

• the one who has love in her heart for God
  • affectionate person
  • attached to family/friends

In this Charitar, the name of the lady is ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮ੍ਰਿਗ ਚਛੁਮਤੀ. Any ideas on what it could mean?

Bhul chuk maaf

On 1/27/2016 at 1:42 PM, N30 S!NGH said:

I always wondered about this, what exactly is 405th charitar. When this supposed to revealed. Why is it hidden. Can anyone please shed some light on this 

One possible explanation could be to reaffirm our faith in this Gurbani. If this Gurbani was a human's work, how come that mischievous person missed writing one Charitar, after mentioning in Sri Chaupai Sahib jee that 405 Charitars have been completed? That person would have made sure that 405 Charitars are written. Baba Mani Singh jee could not find one Charitar. It was possibly lost during the siege of Sri Anandpur Sahib, along with other artifacts.

Anyways, Daas could be wrong as Samurai Paaji heard something else from Gyani Mehtab Singh jee, who is a scholar.

Bhul chuk maaf

On 1/28/2016 at 10:27 AM, N30 S!NGH said:

Great, it looks you studying  these charitars quite intuitively and deeply. Awesome.

Daas needs help brother from you and other Singhs. If we all work together and think deeply on this subject matter, then maybe we can come up with some great explanations. Sangat is very powerful - Maharaaj dee kala vartay gee sangat vich.

Bhul chuk maaf

54 minutes ago, Sajjan_Thug said:

It seems like people are guessing what this charitar means.

Can someone provide the interpretation of this story by traditional scholars?

Bro, do you know of someone who has done Katha of these Charitars?

Most likely, there are no audio recordings of the complete Katha of Sri Charitropakhian Sahib jee available to us.

Bhul chuk maaf

2 minutes ago, amardeep said:

I've never come across any tekas of the Sri Charitro Pakhyan

Bro, there is one for sure. It is written by Dr.Rattan Singh Jaggi.

Please check it out (Volumes 4 and 5):

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/literature?browse=Steeks_and_Teekas/Sri_Dasam_Granth_Steeks_and_Teekas/Rattan_Singh_Jaggi

Most likely, there is another one by Pandit Narain Singh jee Lahore wale.

Bhul chuk maaf

35 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Bro, do you know of someone who has done Katha of these Charitars?

Most likely, there are no audio recordings of the complete Katha of Sri Charitropakhian Sahib jee available to us.

Bhul chuk maaf

What im trying to say is what is the meaning of this charitar according to puratan sampradas.  Since they claim their interpretation tradition goes back to the Gurus.  There the only ones who would know the full meaning of this charitar.

The only thing we are doing is guessing and giving our own opinions which holds no weight and authority.

Can you or someone else call up a traditional gyanie or a sant from one of the traditional sikh schools and ask them what meaning was passed to them from Guru Sahib.