How do I convince my monkey mind that taking drug is not that bad?l

GurpreetKaur

Vaheguroo ji,

My mind always and always fight against drugs or anything which is not natural. It all started 6 years ago where I went crazy with removing toxins and chemicals out of everywhere, not eating from someone's hand, rushing to restroom if someone touched my face, to wash off their germs ( yup, I was that crazy ). Making my own products and household products, coughing to give smokers a signal yo, you givin me secondhand smoke. These are few examples I was and kinda still is more crazy. Was Taking a huge pride telling people guess what I eat healthy and never get sick. In like 5 years, I never got no fever no cold no flu so in my mind I was winning, since people were getting sick like crazy. I would sit right next to a sick person just to check my body's resistance levels. Needless to say My Ego was getting bigger than Cali. 

It shattered when once doing yoga, I damaged my back so bad that I fainted and when I regained consciousness I could not move. A Slight movement made me feel like someone was stabbing me. Somehow I reached my phone and instead of calling 911, just called mom. Three days I stayed on bed with the type of pain, I don't want anyone to go through. I could have taken a pain killer or could have gone to a doc but my mind resisted. I kept feeling no that would be an easy way out. Not that I was enjoying that horrible pain but my mind said that taking a pain killer or consulting doc would be wrong. Well I got over it and my EGo got another huge pump, that without medication. I cured myself. For three days, staying on bed I listened to many of the basic of sikhi channel videos and that actually got me interested in sikhi so not so sad about it anymore.

However, no matter how healthy I eat, no matter how much resistance I built against diseases or flu. I can't get rid of the pain I go through every month. I die and resurrect every month. Nausea, motion sickness, throwing up, sever body ache and back cramps just kills me and I can't function for like min 6 hours and then next two days are back cramps which sucks big time too. I am 5'7 and 110 kg jus kiddin 110lb so I'm deftly underweight and weak , that pain kills me. I actually demanded a poison pill once from mom rather than a pain killer ( I know dramatic but that pain is not easy so don't judge me lol) . I took a medication once in all these 6 years, but as soon as I consumed it I threw up and it could not enter my system lol. So my mind went see even vaheguroo does not want you to take drugs. 

Long story short, I am not saying I wanna start taking medication over things like headache, cold, or flu. Since I can find natural solution to them. But sometime I need something  real quick to relieve a pain. Once it started an hour before my final exam and good thing prof was able to see me in pain so he let me make up for it . Other time I walk out of classroom and was in severe pain that one guy called 911. I did not go with the ambulance but that made my bro ask me stupid questions, why your back hurt? Did you fall?. Why do you get sick every month? I wish I can yell cuz I am a damn woman but no we gotta hide it from our bro and men in house. 

Okay enough rant, my question is how do I convince myself that taking a pill in pain is not a bad thing or an easy way out. I can't even say that I am addicted to that pain, it sucks big time. I am just addicted to pill fasting. I might have a slight fear that a drug can react badly but more than that it feels unnatural. Even if I go to a doc about my monthly pain, I will be put on birth control pills to balance my hormones. People get acne and gain weight from them pills. I don't know what to do. I know that milk plus haldi is good for so many things but they don't work instantly. 
If I break a bone or have to go through a surgery I might be okay but as soon as I will be given a pill to consume I know I will have million thoughts. This is very bad for me and will hurt me in a long run. Especially when in future I will be a mother, I have seen women going through such a hard pregnancy. Sure every month I go through a labor too but I can't deal with it all te time. Everytime I have to take a decision about taking a drug or sucking up the pain, I suck it up. Not to show that I am strong it's just my mind find an excuses to not take medication. I have lied so many times to mom that I took a pill but in reality I never did. Anybody else go through messed up mind too or should I go to another planet now? Lol

I won't say sorry for long post since I am a woman. :)

Thanks for sharing your story Gurpreet!.

What kind of yoga pose were you doing when you fell

And the monthly pain began since the fall...?

I am not sure what they used to do in old times when they had no pills... i think women used to take sundh ( ginger powder) and alsi ( flaxseed). Ask your mom about alsi pinnis, they use it for women.

How about injections ? are you afraid of them too

No monthly pain began since I stopped doing aerobic and started doing yoga since I thought I will gain more out of yoga since I already a skeleton lol. So it's been like a 3 years. I should go to a doctor, maybe he can tell me what minerals and vitamins I am lacking so I can find food sources. 

It was an inverted pos where we try to stand on our head lol

I do take flaxseed regularly but still does not help. Maybe eating bunch of flaxseed pinniyan might help. I very well know I gotta go to a doc. :(

I would say start aerobic exercise again, no more than 20-25 minutes a day. Keep eating healthy.

The doctor will do tests to check for Vit B12 deficiency, Thyroid Hormone, Iron Levels, Hemoglobin levels. There are tests for Ca, Mg, Phosphorus& Vitamin D, but not sure if doc would do that just yet.

Find a female gynecologist too. Explain your situation to her. She might suggest OCPs or injection medroxyprogesterone/ hormones etc.

Most likely you will just be asked to take an Advil or another version for your pain. This is the 1st line treatment.

But start the aerobics again.

Poor you, were'nt you using a wall when practicing sirasana.

Naw, I thought I was an advanced yogi. So I put a yoga mat on a wood floor rather than carpet and wanted to reach nirvana lol . The only nirvana I reached was learning more about sikhi in those three days. Not complaining that much, it was a blessing in disguise :).

I think I will start aerobic execise again, it's not like I am ever gonna gain weight :( lol

Thank you :)

Woman, you don't need a pill. You need to go to the doctor. Get an x-ray done. They need to see how well your back bones are aligned and figure out if your back bones are pinching any of your spinal chord nerves. Or it could be something else, they will figure it out so go to a doctor.

I'm like you, I stay away from pills and such. But you have to make a better judgement. If I was in your position and I fell down and broke my back. I would not have turned away what pills have to offer.

Actually I probably would've lol. I would have meditated on the pain. ;)

But you gotta remember even Batman needed help after Bane broke his back. So go see a doctor.

5 minutes ago, BhagatSingh said:

Woman, you don't need a pill. You need to go to the doctor. Get an x-ray done. They need to see how well your back bones are aligned and figure out if your back bones are pinching any of your spinal chord nerves. Or it could be something else, they will figure it out so go to a doctor.

I'm like you, I stay away from pills and such. But you have to make a better judgement. If I was in your position and I fell down and broke my back. I would not have turned away what pills have to offer.

Actually I probably would've lol. I would have meditated on the pain. ;)

But you gotta remember even Batman needed help after Bane broke his back. So go see a doctor.

No no, I broke or damaged my back in 2013. I was just giving an example how much I hesitated from pills that time too. I need to double check my posts before posting lol. Batman was not spiritual, only spiritual people refrain from medicines and think about mind over matter. Lol

1 minute ago, GurpreetKaur said:

No no, I broke or damaged my back in 2013. I was just giving an example how much I hesitated from pills that time too. I need to double check my posts before posting lol. Batman was not spiritual, only spiritual people refrain from medicines and think about mind over matter. Lol

But aren't you getting severe back pain every month?

Well Ram Chandra ji told Hanuman ji to grab Sanjeevani booti to cure Lakshman. That's medicine. And those are all spiritual people.

Spiritual people aren't anti-medicine lol. We just don't take it willy nilly. If we can solve issues without it, we do. But we gotta recognize when it is necessary.

15 minutes ago, BhagatSingh said:

But aren't you getting severe back pain every month?

7 minutes ago, Ragmaala said:

I think by monthly pain she means the "woman" pain, not the back pain.

Shes being polite. lol.

Right ?

Haha.. Hanji. Woman pain, since there are people under 25 over here lol

Gurpreet Kaur Bhenji... if you don't like pills and you aren't planning on getting married or trying for children soon, why not talk to your doc about Mirena? It's an IUD. Once they put it, the hormones are released continuously in a very small amount. It doesn't *have* to be seen as birth control if that puts you off. Think of it as regulating you. Many women stop having period altogether, and with it, the pain. A lot of pain monthly is not normal to have to endure. Right away I am thinking of endometriosis. And Mirena also stops that because no cycle = no pain.  You can easily have it removed and be able to conceive shortly after as soon as you decide it's time for marriage / children. 

15 minutes ago, Satkirin_Kaur said:

Gurpreet Kaur Bhenji... if you don't like pills and you aren't planning on getting married or trying for children soon, why not talk to your doc about Mirena? It's an IUD. Once they put it, the hormones are released continuously in a very small amount. It doesn't *have* to be seen as birth control if that puts you off. Think of it as regulating you. Many women stop having period altogether, and with it, the pain. A lot of pain monthly is not normal to have to endure. Right away I am thinking of endometriosis. And Mirena also stops that because no cycle = no pain.  You can easily have it removed and be able to conceive shortly after as soon as you decide it's time for marriage / children. 

Thank you, I did do reasearch on endometriosis long time ago and not all symptoms were adding up, but I do have horrible dysmenorrhea for sure. Okay I am getting an appointment before my next cycle, am pretty tired of this stupid pain too lol.  Not sure about Mirena, if I have problem taking pills I will have a bigger problem with IUD. So you never get your periods anymore? Lucky you lol

I used to have a Mirena. It's nothing really... You won't feel it inside you. But it contains hormone progesterone and tends to stop periods all together as long as you have it and it's inside of 5 years (after that the hormone supply gets depleted and then I can either have it removed and replaced or just taken out). As I said no periods... Means no pain... No dealing with blood..

I had it because of military. I wasn't married, nor having sex and saw no use for periods. I was sailing long deployments in submarines where it's not impossible to deal with hygiene but it can be challenging and this made it so much better.

Think of it as ridding yourself of a female burden for awhile. (Only those who think our gender is a punishment would advocate that we are supposed to go through these things like bleeding and pain). They are sadistic...

Only drawbacks are related to possible mild weight gain and raising blood pressure. But it will definitely mean no cramps requiring pain meds!!!

19 minutes ago, BhagatSingh said:

Ancient doctors used to get women with your condition married early. Apparently pregnancy can help alleviate those pains.

Umm... until the baby comes then it's be worst pain a human could ever endure. Not to mention the weight gain, stretch marks, urine incontinence, swelling feet and ankles, lower back pain and horrible nausea and vomiting that come from pregnancy. 

21 minutes ago, GurpreetKaur said:

Yea, it was a good thing for you because of Military. So women who once get it done, have to keep it for 5 years? What if they wanna get married and have kids lol.

i will google it lol so it's okay :) But that's not for me. Thank you though, I learned something . 

You can have it removed at ANY time!!!!! It's literally just pull the string and it's out hahaha

21 minutes ago, Satkirin_Kaur said:

Umm... until the baby comes then it's be worst pain a human could ever endure. Not to mention the weight gain, stretch marks, urine incontinence, swelling feet and ankles, lower back pain and horrible nausea and vomiting that come from pregnancy. 

Then how come world population is 7.3 billion? How in nations like India where many poor women who are underfed, don't have any medical help, Work more than machine, and sometimes abused produce 4-5 kids?

6 minutes ago, kdsingh80 said:

Then how come world population is 7.3 billion? How in nations like India where many poor women who are underfed, don't have any medical help, Work more than machine, and sometimes abused produce 4-5 kids?

Easy... They have no other choice. They must endure it. Still doesn't nullify all the above! My cousin just puked her way all the way through the 9 months!!! And had such bad lower back pain she was given a support belt that was supposed to relieve it a bit and redistribute the weight but it didn't work and most painkillers are off limits during pregnancy. Oh and urine incontinence IS a big one on pregnancy... It's not very talked about though so most men don't realize. Every time a prego woman coughs or sneezes guess what happens??? (From about halfway onwards in the pregnancy when the baby starts to push on her bladder)??? Yup she pees herself just a little bit each time... Think about that next time u see a prego woman cough lol

Just now, Satkirin_Kaur said:

Easy... They have no other choice. They must endure it. Still doesn't nullify all the above! My cousin just puked her way all the way through the 9 months!!! And had such bad lower back pain she was given a support belt that was supposed to relieve it a bit and redistribute the weight but it didn't work and most painkillers are off limits during pregnancy.

Not true , You cannot tolerate worst kind of pain too much O/W you will die or will become insane. majority of POWs in harsh conditions just die , few go insane and very mentally physically fit just came out alive.They go through worse kind of pain.

Baby girl born in the bathroom of a moving Indian train slips down the toilet but SURVIVES after she is recovered from the tracks 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3377991/Baby-girl-born-bathroom-moving-Indian-train-slips-toilet-SURVIVES-recovered-tracks.html#ixzz3yTTwTnTy 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

10 minutes ago, kdsingh80 said:

Not true , You cannot tolerate worst kind of pain too much O/W you will die or will become insane. majority of POWs in harsh conditions just die , few go insane and very mentally physically fit just came out alive.They go through worse kind of pain.

Ummm it's been proven the pain associated with labour is excruciating. But something happens during labour that makes then able to get through it without passing out or going in shock (usually). And until recent history many women died during labour. It's dangerous and yes it IS the most painful thing the human body can possibly endure. The only thing remotely comparable is kidney stones (compared by women who have had both) there is a reason why women scream and beg for it to stop if they have not had pain meds. Even the birth itself can literally tear the mothers skin muscles everything from her vagina right to and even through her anus/rectum. This can cause problems urinating and with bowel movements for life.  It can cause prolapsed uterus, nerve damage, rectocele, cystocele, post op pain in suture sites, infection. Birth can cuss hemmorage which can kill the mother very quickly. Even before the birth preeclampsia can be fatal. 

Even the birth itself can literally tear the mothers skin muscles everything from her vagina right to and even through her anus/rectum. This can cause problems urinating and with bowel movements for life.  It can cause prolapsed uterus, nerve damage, rectocele, cystocele, post op pain in suture sites, infection. Birth can cuss hemmorage which can kill the mother very quickly. Even before the birth preeclampsia can be fatal. 

An average Indian woman lived three years more than her male counterpart in 2008. While the life expectancy at birth for women was67.7 years, for men it stood at 64.6 years. This was an increase of 2.5 years and 1.8 years, respectively, when compared to the life expectancy (LE) in 2002.Oct 2, 2012

Average Indian's life expectancy up 4.6 years - Times of India

timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Average-Indians-life.../16633612.cms

Just read the above .Women not only produce 4-5 kids but also live more than men,this clearly shows that pregnancy do not kill them or reduce their age.I think many people are now facing strange health problems and may be for few women pregnancy has become quite painful .may be western lifestyle , diet  or genes are responsible for that.O/W how come pregnancy which is very common in mammals has become so painful for few women?