Sri Charitropakhyan Sahib jee Series - Charitar #5

paapiman

Warning: Sexually explicit material below. Daas will kindly request sangat, below the age of 25 or people who are greatly affected by Lust, to stay away from this discussion.

Please forgive me for being explicit.

Request to Mods/Admins:

- Please do not allow Guest posts in this topic
- Please do not tolerate any insults of Gurbani
- Please do delete any off-topic posts

Bhul chuk maaf

Important note: The English translation of this Charitar has given a sexual imagery to it, but it is possible to interpret this Charitar without it. This Charitar exposes a male Impostor (in the form of a Jogi).

One needs to understand the meanings of the word ਭੋਗ, ਰਮੈ, ਰਤ, ਭਜ, etc.

Please listen to the audio clip below:

Bhul chuk maaf

My questions is does a poor, ugly looking man has any hope of love or lust from another woman ? lol

I feel so bad for these guys.

But its not the woman's fault either. She was forcibly being kept by an old yogi, and then she found a prince..who would nt run away with a prince lol

I guess its the nature of mind, going for better looking males & females, when in lust.

Bottom line : Lust makes you make someone a captive.

17 hours ago, paapiman said:

Important note: The English translation of this Charitar has given a sexual imagery to it, but it is possible to interpret this Charitar without it. This Charitar exposes a male Impostor (in the form of a Jogi).

One needs to understand the meanings of the word ਭੋਗ, ਰਮੈ, ਰਤ, ਭਜ, etc.

ਭੋਗ - can refer to satisfying your mind by gossiping/talking, etc.(Punjabi phrase - Gallan naal payt bharna - filling stomach by talking)

ਰਤ - can possibly refer to romantic talk, sweet talk, flattery, etc.

We need to keep this need before analyzing this Charitar, from a non-sexual angle.

Bhul chuk maaf

These translations in english seem to be from Pritpal Singh Bindra's book yes?

I have been reading the teeka of this Granth by Gyani Narain Singh Muzanga wale in Panjabi. The english translations are short in comparison to the teeka. It's best to get Panjabi screenshots up as well to compare the two.

In this charitrar, the wise minister (atma) is trying to tell the King (mann) that The Yogi although he had a lot of power (like the King) and displayed it to the girl (as the King did) the girl was not content (as was the Queen) and when she saw that there was a young man (the King's son) more suitable for her  she forgot about the Yogi and her heart became attached to the young man.

Also the translated quatrain of verse 15 does not do the story justice. This is the gist of it (my words) :

Arril : When something good (appealing) is obtained then nobody looks for the bad (unappealing)

When a clever person is obtained nobody looks for the fool

If a young woman finds a young, wise and rich man

Then how could she be expected to look for an, old decrepit and poor man. (15)

So the wise minister is trying to tell the King, that a young woman's heart will settle for a more suitable young man over an old man.

1 hour ago, chatanga1 said:

These translations in english seem to be from Pritpal Singh Bindra's book yes?

I have been reading the teeka of this Granth by Gyani Narain Singh Muzanga wale in Panjabi. The english translations are short in comparison to the teeka. It's best to get Panjabi screenshots up as well to compare the two.

Yes, it is Pritpal Singh Bindra's book.

Bro, where did you acquire the teeka of Pandit Narain Singh jee from?

Thanks

Bhul chuk maaf

2 hours ago, paapiman said:

Bro, where did you acquire the teeka of Pandit Narain Singh jee from?

India. I think from Singh brothers? I have had the complete set of teekas since around 2005 ish. I read a lot of it at the time, but haven't really read them since. I had to find them out when this topic came up, just to compare the tranlations by Bindra, which is quite a good attempt, although it could be better.

5 hours ago, Crystal said:

I cannot wait for Nidar Singh's translations....in his newsletter he did mention releasing a book on charitropakyan? I wonder how many years that has been in the pipe line for.

Regards

Crystal

Like the 2nd book on Hazoor Sahib....

On 2/2/2016 at 9:40 AM, chatanga1 said:

The english translations are short in comparison to the teeka. It's best to get Panjabi screenshots up as well to compare the two.

Paaji, can you please post the Punjabi screenshots? Daas does not have the teeka of Pandit jee.

Thanks

Bhul chuk maaf

Just little history-

Actually Singh from california approached me regarding creating a sikh based forum sikhawarenss forum back in 2003 on jattworld.com also known as punjabchat.com as both him and i used to post there...He shared his desire how sikhi based platform was much needed after seeing sikhi discussion taking cultural flavor on those websites above. His plan totally resonated with me.  It was his idea intially and his platform-hosting etc,  i was a moderator back then. But few years down the road. He got busy with other projects he transfer the responsibility to me to handle the website, technical aspects as well moderation. Since then by maharaj kirpa despite of up and downs on sikhawareness i have been doing this seva by maharaj kirpa and maharaj has been very graceful to uplift sikhawareness platform to alternative unique forum.

Yeah, I first joined it in 2005. I was young back then, it was fun.

This platform is definitely unique, and a big ones.  When I search for stuff sometimes, like images or any bhagti related material this forum definitely shows up.

Although it seems, it does not attract younger crowd that much lol.  But its all good.

Good job Bhaji, keep it up!

8 hours ago, N30 S!NGH said:

Just little history-

Actually Singh from california approached me regarding creating a sikh based forum sikhawarenss forum back in 2003 on jattworld.com also known as punjabchat.com as both him and i used to post there...He shared his desire how sikhi based platform was much needed after seeing sikhi discussion taking cultural flavor on those websites above. His plan totally resonated with me.  It was his idea intially and his platform-hosting etc,  i was a moderator back then. But few years down the road. He got busy with other projects he transfer the responsibility to me to handle the website, technical aspects as well moderation. Since then by maharaj kirpa despite of up and downs on sikhawareness i have been doing this seva by maharaj kirpa and maharaj has been very graceful to uplift sikhawareness platform to alternative unique forum.

Bro, what happened to Jattworld.com?

Bhul chuk maaf

9 hours ago, N30 S!NGH said:

Just little history-

Great seva for the Panth. You will definitely be rewarded by Maharaaj.

Thanks brother.

Bhul chuk maaf

19 hours ago, amardeep said:

@Singh123456777 Sikhawareness is not a gossip portal about peoples personal life. Thats why it was removed ji.

Paaji, don't you think it is important to know the background of the person, who is writing a book on Gurbani? *deleted*

Having said that, irrespective of his personal life, he does seem to have plenty of knowledge about Sikhism.

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by amardeep