Best time for workout

paapiman

2 hours ago, paapiman said:

Can someone please tell me which is the best time (in a day) for workout? Have people observed any specific times when they perform better? Please do help.

Any other tips?

Thanks a lot

Bhul chuk maaf

It depends on your bodies own unique biology, and what you are trying to achieve in my opinion. 

If people are trying to lose fat, then early starts (without breakfast even), using cardio are a great idea because this raises your metabolism for a few hours afterwards - making you burn a little more fat whilst you are doing your daily things.

If a person doesn't have weight/fat issues and wants to build up their muscles, I'd suggest they choose a time when they still have a lot of energy left to hump the weights around. Early evening, a little while after work seems to be a common time to do this. There was a time when I was working a lot of evenings and I'd train in the early/later afternoon. I loved it.  Made me feel great when I went out. So there is nothing wrong in varying stuff, and you should experiment (over years - no rush!) and find what suits your particular physiology best.  In reality changes in your own life (with jobs, accommodation, availability of equipment) will mean that you normally have to adapt to that and change the times and lengths of your workouts anyway.

Whatever you do, do regularly, and remember diet is as important as training. 

Hope this helps.  

I have never tried amritvela. I felt the most strength during mid-day, or 2-3 hours after a good meal.

I am still a beginner. 8 months & counting, didn't work for 2months in between which pushed me behind like a month. So I would say 5 months in total since last may.

I haven't noticed changes in my physique that much, which can be discouraging but strength wise, I have gotten up . For example , I started incline pressing DB 25 lbs each side, now I can do 50 lbs DB 3-4x each side. The progress is really slow...its sad but we will see...i feel i have to give it min 2 years to see changes.

@dalsingh101   How long have you been working out dalsingh ?  How long does it take to notice serious gains ? Also , I notice a lot of UK singhs are on instagram & working out hard compared to North Americans on Instagram, uk people are tougher i guess lol.

& whats your DB pressmax, jus curious, I am going to guess around 90lbs each side ?  lol

2 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

@dalsingh101   How long have you been working out dalsingh ?  How long does it take to notice serious gains ? Also , I notice a lot of UK singhs are on instagram & working out hard compared to North Americans on Instagram, uk people are tougher i guess lol.

& whats your DB pressmax, jus curious, I am going to guess around 90lbs each side ?  lol

I haven't done those in ages!

These days I'm more likely to do body weight exercises. Try to get some explosive power in. For chest I'd do nonstop press ups till fail. and will hit 40 odd. Wait a minute or so and do another set. etc. Had to use an online converter to figure out what 50 llb is in kg (around 23 kg if you're interested). That's decent progression. 

I've been training regularly for I'd guess about 4/5 years now. And I don't stick to one thing. In the past few months I cut down on training (volume and intensity) because of winter (the garage I train in was freezing!), but it seems to be warming up now, so will get back on it. Plus, to be honest I feel a bit helter-skelter right now because of so many sudden changes. I like routine myself, and right now, things are a bit all over the place. That's why I feel reluctant to answer your questions - until I get back into set routines again.   

Regarding serious gains: I would say that without a good protein rich diet, you will not see full gains on your efforts. Do you go to fail sometimes? Do you 'burn out' on light weights after heavy lifting occasionally? Do you do drop sets? You have to make sure you are ripping your muscle firstly then you have to make sure you are feeding it with adequate protein. What's your diet saying?  

Plus, this should become  lifestyle thing for you. Never stop training in one form or another, until you're old and incapable (like 80!). 

These days, people are fitter than they've ever been in their life at 40. Back in my parents time, a lot of 40 years old usually had big tidhs. 

18 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Aim (not mine) - Bench press - 400 lbs and above. Power training.

Daas is a spotter.

Bhul chuk maaf

It also depends on the person physique. If somebody is 5'1 and 100 pounds he won't be able to bench 400 pounds. 

We need some stats before we can say if they could bench 400 pounds.

2 hours ago, Singh123456777 said:

It also depends on the person physique. If somebody is 5'1 and 100 pounds he won't be able to bench 400 pounds. 

We need some stats before we can say if they could bench 400 pounds.

Bro, the guy is 200+ lbs. Gurparsaad, he should be able to bench 500 lbs one day.

Bhul chuk maaf

4 hours ago, paapiman said:

Bro, the guy is 200+ lbs. Gurparsaad, he should be able to bench 500 lbs one day.

Bhul chuk maaf

You should focus on developing yourself, not just spotting someone else.

Although spotting is a good way of learning techniques and familiarising yourself with equipment.

8 hours ago, paapiman said:

Aim (not mine) - Bench press - 400 lbs and above. Power training.

Daas is a spotter.

Bhul chuk maaf

Daas, don't you get tired of spotting and not doing any training yourself?

14 minutes ago, amardeep said:

HAHAHAH you are the cutest Singh i know of! ahhahaha

That sounds a bit homo bro.......

lol

Daas heard in a Katha (more or less) that the "Agni tat" is the least during Amritvela. This is one of the reasons, for it being the best time for meditation.

Similarly, Daas is guessing that when the "Agni tat" is at its peak, that might be the ideal time for a workout, but Daas might be wrong. If anyone can shed some more light on this issue, that would be great.

Bhul chuk maaf