Gur ki moorat Mann meh Dhyaan.

Ragmaala

This one has the autograph of the original painter Bhagat Singh who painted it under the guidance and blessings of Dhan Baba Nand Singh Ji.

@Lucky  veer ji . I know you already told me about the mountains and water symbolism.

what else you see . U can pm me if too prersonal.

anything about the significance of golden color.

Some people might claim that Nanaksar promotes idol worship, but one needs to understand that it is not very easy to start focusing on the Shabad, especially when one is a beginner in the field of spirituality. Images do assist a person during meditation.

Scientifically speaking, humans are vision dominant.

Neurophysiologically, humans are sight (visual sense) dominant. Thirty to forty percent of our cerebral cortex is devoted to vision, as compared to 8 percent for touch or just 3 percent for hearing (auditory sense).

Unquote[1]

[1] - http://biologicalexceptions.blogspot.ca/2011/09/why-does-your-telephone-have-two-holes.html

When a person gradually move up the spiritual ladder, the need for images will decrease, as one will be able to focus on the Naad (sound of the Shabad).

Bhul chuk maaf

• 2 weeks later...

For those of who you don't know, that image was painted based on a vision Baba Nand Singh ji had of Guru Nanak.

like the Salok quoted ofr the thread title says, you can concenretate on the Guru's form in your heart as one way of worship shown in SGGS.  The above image helps you to do that. 

The marking on Guru Nanak ji's right foot is not so clear on the images posted above.

The mark on his foot is symbolic of being a siddha, 'perfected one'.  (There are said to be 84 siddhas in some Indic texts, which describe the signs on their bodies).

1 hour ago, Guest guest said:

The marking on Guru Nanak ji's right foot is not so clear on the images posted above.

I think the real mission would be find that out by ourselves by personally having the darshan of Padam. An image can only do justice to a certain extent.

But this image is unique in sense, that it is the only one commissioned by a great Saint himself.

charan kamal is when you experience the blossoming of guru's charan. It is an experience that occurs when one first begins to actually samao in the anhad naad. The naad is the lowest end of anhad that reaches us first and is also termed the guru's feet. These feet we have to grab before guru accepts and lets us climb up to embrace him.

That's just the basic description that I can give but anyone who has experienced it will give their own understandings in detail. In the very special image above, there is great association with the experience of guru's charan and the guru himself. 

11 hours ago, Lucky said:

charan kamal is when you experience the blossoming of guru's charan. It is an experience that occurs when one first begins to actually samao in the anhad naad. The naad is the lowest end of anhad that reaches us first and is also termed the guru's feet. These feet we have to grab before guru accepts and lets us climb up to embrace him.

That's just the basic description that I can give but anyone who has experienced it will give their own understandings in detail. In the very special image above, there is great association with the experience of guru's charan and the guru himself. 

Thanks for clearing doubts lucky g 

satgur ki murti hridai vasai
jo ichhay soi phal paye

gur ki murti man mai dhyan.
gur kai shabad mantr mun maan.
gur kai charan hridai lai dharo.
gur parbrahmn sada namaskaro.

dookh darad binsai bhav sagar, gur ki murti hridai basai.

aisa yogi vadbhagi bhetai, maya ke bhandhan katai.
seva pooj karo tis murti ki, nanak tis pag chatai.

kar pooja hom eho manua, akal murti gurdeva