Okay I am a bit freaked out...

1 hour ago, Lucky said:

Like lots of bells/tambourine/shainey sounds....occurring at quite a fair and constant frequency?

I don't know what a shainey is... but yes like bells thousands all being rung at once and continuously... Only other thing I can compare it to is maybe a bunch of wine glasses with people running their fingers around them all at the same time. You know that high pitched resonance that happens when someone runs a wet finger around a crystal wine glass? Like that but many at once. Or bells.... its like the resonance of the bells more than the striking sound. Sound of a tibetan singing bowl is close too... (actually I have one of those here).  So it's like pure resonance I am hearing and not something being struck or shaken....if that makes sense. 

8 hours ago, Sat1176 said:

Fear is totally a natural response to something you have never experienced before. Keep up the simran and you will be really lucky if they come back again.

Its not that I feared these sounds...I have heard sounds before like roaring, static, and other times very similar to the sounds NASA recorded during flyby to Jupiter... like weird electromagnetic wave type sounds. But this was different and first time I heard it. I didnt fear it as such but what freaked me out was that they did not stop immediately when I got up and stopped simran. They had gotten loud actually. And I could still hear it when I was walking around for a few mins! Then they faded over about 15 mins. So thats why I was a bit freaked out. I thought I was actually experiencing tinnitus or auditory hallucinations or something...

lol if you over-think that much this phenomenon might not even happen again, so stop rationalizing, acknowledge and move on, its nothing...just be thankful, and

and I can sense some pride in your writing...you seem to talk a lot about your accomplishments openly. Not sure if you mean it that way but it does come off as kinda full of yourself..or I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, Ragmaala said:

lol if you over-think that much this phenomenon might not even happen again, so stop rationalizing, acknowledge and move on, its nothing...just be thankful, and

and I can sense some pride in your writing...you seem to talk a lot about your accomplishments openly. Not sure if you mean it that way but it does come off as kinda full of yourself..or I could be wrong.

How is beai freaked out about something showing pride?? lol I was worried it was something medical and not related to meditation / simran!  I just wanted to know if anyone else heard the same things.... or do you think I should get checked out??

Unless you have nausea/vomiting/vertigo/dizziness/syncope/gait dysfunction/weakness/paralysis/visual disturbances/blind spots or scotomas  there is no real reason to get checked out. 

17 minutes ago, CdnSikhGirl said:

How is beai freaked out about something showing pride?? lol I was worried it was something medical and not related to meditation / simran!  I just wanted to know if anyone else heard the same things.... or do you think I should get checked out??

@Lucky and  @Sat1176 Paji, have you guys ever heard this kind of sound similar to whats at the beginning of the video during naam simran or meditation?. I wasn't going to post but since i saw this thread i wanted to share this unusual thing which happened to me last year. I was doing swas swas simran and simran in my mind alot last year with guruji's kirpa and after reading and learning so much from this forum. One day at work i started hearing this kind of sound that is at the start of the video it seemed like it was coming from up top and i looked around and didnt see any one and it went away after few seconds i thought my mind was playing tricks on me. I currently don't and haven't been able to get naam simran going like i did with guru's kirpa last year.

I think these sounds have been covered in great detail on this forum. Just use search function....

you are listening to Shan...

some people may hear  mardana doing kirtan

some may hear guru Nanak singing gurbani

higher your surti travels nature of sound change

i guess each individual is different

ultimstely you have to leave the sounds behind and focus only on dhun....

7 hours ago, Bohitha said:

@Lucky and  @Sat1176 Paji, have you guys ever heard this kind of sound similar to whats at the beginning of the video during naam simran or meditation?. I wasn't going to post but since i saw this thread i wanted to share this unusual thing which happened to me last year. I was doing swas swas simran and simran in my mind alot last year with guruji's kirpa and after reading and learning so much from this forum. One day at work i started hearing this kind of sound that is at the start of the video it seemed like it was coming from up top and i looked around and didnt see any one and it went away after few seconds i thought my mind was playing tricks on me. I currently don't and haven't been able to get naam simran going like i did with guru's kirpa last year.

Personally I haven't but it won't surprise me if when all 5 or more anhad Sounds are heard, they sound like a shaan or tune. Whether they sound exactly like that or this is sant ji's expression of what he hears, God knows. I am also lead to understand that when all anhad sounds are heard they do get faster and faster the more you listen till eventually only 1 sound is heard, just like his shaan starts off slow but gets faster later to eventually lead to the single sound known as Ek Shabad, Shej Dhun, Naad, Toor. 

The One Word of the Shabad abides within my mind; I shall not come to be born again.
ayk sabad mayrai paraan basat hai baahurh janam na aavaa.
He cuts off the three branches of the three qualities, and embraces love for the One Word of the Shabad.
saakhaa teen nivaaree-aa ayk sabad liv laa-ay.

I think there is a underlying reason behind why sant ji played a shaan and it is not just some musical composition he put together. 

1 of the anhad sounds is chumta, shanay, ghungroo like sound. Not heard any of the others yet with any intensity to be distinguishably recognisable.

Waheguruuuuuuu....

Baba NAND Singh ji personally created a shaan tune on dhan guru Nanak  to be played in morning and evening times. 

Bhai kehar singh used to play it on his violin. U guys might have heard it if not I can post a link here.

baba nand singh ji used to say it is very easy to travel to sachkhand by latching surti onto gurbani keertan. So. Sachkhand is also def. something very real and profound and physical beyond comprehension not just a state of mind as some people say. These places or different realms and heavens are very very far esp sachkhand. That's why ordinary souls can take an earth year to reach just the court of dharamraja. 

Only gurbani and nam has the power that it takes us directly and very fast to the abode of lord..sachkhand. I don't think many of us realize how lucky we are that we are born in Sikhs families and exposed to Nama and gurbani.

japo satnam Sri wahe guru.

dhan guru Nanak...

On subject of instruments... when did harmonium become common use in kirtan? I thought originally it was stringed instruments and that in particular sarangi was used because it mimicked closest to human voice. (I actually want to learn to play sarangi... but I can't find one to purchase. Anyone know if I can get one from Toronto somewhere and shipped east?)

According to Gurbani, hearing bells is a part of the meditative practice progressing from one spiritual state to another

Page 237, Line 4
ਸਹਜੇ ਰੁਣ ਝੁਣਕਾਰੁ ਸੁਹਾਇਆ ॥
सहजे रुण झुणकारु सुहाइआ ॥
Sėhje ruṇ jẖuṇkār suhā▫i▫ā.
In peace and poise, the celestial bells resound.
Guru Arjan Dev

Page 356, Line 15
ਘੁੰਘਰੂ ਵਾਜੈ ਜੇ ਮਨੁ ਲਾਗੈ ॥
घुंघरू वाजै जे मनु लागै ॥
Gẖungẖrū vājai je man lāgai.
You shall hear the vibrations of the tinkling bells, when your mind is held steady.

16 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

Sare akho dhan guru Nanak tu hi nirankar

tuhi nirankar ik tuhi nirankar

japo satnam Sri waheguru

fir akho satnam waheguru

hanji sharmauna nahi.  Hun japi chalo....wahe guru.................

we r getting close to death with each tick tick of clock......waheguru

Naww... We are getting closer to Salvation!.. Lol.  Gotta stay positive bro.

16 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

Sare akho dhan guru Nanak tu hi nirankar

tuhi nirankar ik tuhi nirankar

japo satnam Sri waheguru

fir akho satnam waheguru

hanji sharmauna nahi.  Hun japi chalo....wahe guru.................

we r getting close to death with each tick tick of clock......waheguru

When one realizes they are the divine within (and not the physical body) death becomes irrelevant.