Okay I am a bit freaked out...

31 minutes ago, Ragmaala said:

big words..we will see when that time comes lol

Pls dont say you think like some of those on SPN, atheist version of Sikhi where this world is it?? I am not afraid of death... because lets face it, if the atheists are right, then what is there to fear? Once we go unconscious, we won't be 'conscious' of what happened or our state. If the atheists are wrong, then we realize our physical bodies were only transient and that our consciousness is what's real. It's win win all the way.  I do not fear death, though the process of dying is a different story as we very much do process pain that the body feels. But thanks to modern science we have ways to deal with that too or at least make it less painful. 

I am completely convinced that the times I had OBEs they were not dreams or just hallucinations etc. Though I don't believe they are the culmination of everything we can possibly know, but they do give a perspective that lets you know, YOU WILL exist beyond the physical, in a very real and conscious way!  Subjective evidence of MANY people who have had near death experiences also give us a glimpse of this. Same with people (children especially) who remember past lives. There is much evidence to be found for those who look.  Then of course, the fact that quantum physics shows us that even matter itself is not 'real' in the sense we think it is. It's not SOLID. It's actually just energy vibrating slow enough to manifest in a way that we experience it as solid. But even the matter that makes up our bodies is part of this!  Including our brains!  So, if reality is not solid, and our brains are just energy vibrating at a slow rate of vibration, and all matter is affected by conscious thought / conscious observers (google the double slit experiment and the follow on experiments) then what exactly is our consciousness? It can't be merely an emergent property. Consciousness / Conscious awareness just IS. THAT is the basis of reality.  That's what is real.  

25 minutes ago, CdnSikhGirl said:

Pls dont say you think like some of those on SPN, atheist version of Sikhi where this world is it?? I am not afraid of death... because lets face it, if the atheists are right, then what is there to fear? Once we go unconscious, we won't be 'conscious' of what happened or our state. If the atheists are wrong, then we realize our physical bodies were only transient and that our consciousness is what's real. It's win win all the way.  I do not fear death, though the process of dying is a different story as we very much do process pain that the body feels. But thanks to modern science we have ways to deal with that too or at least make it less painful. 

I am completely convinced that the times I had OBEs they were not dreams or just hallucinations etc. Though I don't believe they are the culmination of everything we can possibly know, but they do give a perspective that lets you know, YOU WILL exist beyond the physical, in a very real and conscious way!  Subjective evidence of MANY people who have had near death experiences also give us a glimpse of this. Same with people (children especially) who remember past lives. There is much evidence to be found for those who look.  Then of course, the fact that quantum physics shows us that even matter itself is not 'real' in the sense we think it is. It's not SOLID. It's actually just energy vibrating slow enough to manifest in a way that we experience it as solid. But even the matter that makes up our bodies is part of this!  Including our brains!  So, if reality is not solid, and our brains are just energy vibrating at a slow rate of vibration, and all matter is affected by conscious thought / conscious observers (google the double slit experiment and the follow on experiments) then what exactly is our consciousness? It can't be merely an emergent property. Consciousness / Conscious awareness just IS. THAT is the basis of reality.  That's what is real.  

wow

lol relax satkirin

I dont think like an atheist, I am firm believer of after life & whatever is mentioned in Gurbani etcetc

What I mean is ....its easy to say that death is irrelevant....but this concept only applies to those who have had self-realization not us beings who are no where yet. We still need to keep it in mind & take sanctuary of Gurus Feet.

Just remember the end result for ALL is the same... and its only by his grace that we get there. But in the end ALL of us will go home.  No matter how many times we come back here, or what paths we take in mean time. Eventually ALL go home to ONEness. In fact, from point of view of Waheguru, time itself is irrelevant. Looking at it that way we already ARE home, we just don't realize it.  The clues are all around us, in science, in our dreams, in our intuition... don't ever lose faith. Btw this concept applies to ALL because there really is only ONE to which ALL are part of.  

7 minutes ago, CdnSikhGirl said:

Just remember the end result for ALL is the same... and its only by his grace that we get there. But in the end ALL of us will go home.  No matter how many times we come back here, or what paths we take in mean time. Eventually ALL go home to ONEness. In fact, from point of view of Waheguru, time itself is irrelevant. Looking at it that way we already ARE home, we just don't realize it.  The clues are all around us, in science, in our dreams, in our intuition... don't ever lose faith. Btw this concept applies to ALL because there really is only ONE to which ALL are part of.  

I dont disagree.  But this theory will take some time to become a real experience, for me.

But a Gurus grace is higher, he can make anything happen in an instant.

I am not enlightened yet, so cant make such big statements as of yet.   

I am like a child holding the arm of Guru Nanak, asking Him to carry me across the Ocean to His Abode, thats all I can say for myself now. I have faith in Guru Nanak.

20 minutes ago, Ragmaala said:

wow

lol relax satkirin

I dont think like an atheist, I am firm believer of after life & whatever is mentioned in Gurbani etcetc

What I mean is ....its easy to say that death is irrelevant....but this concept only applies to those who have had self-realization not us beings who are no where yet. We still need to keep it in mind & take sanctuary of Gurus Feet.

I don't think she understood what you meant since you wrote in Punjabi lol

@CdnSikhGirl

I don't think he is scared of death, he said jap Vaheguroo since time is running out and I replied naw don't focus on running out time, just focus on getting near destination which is salvation lol. I am sure he knows all of that stuff too, most of the spiritual people have and had their hands in all sort of stuff whether traditional or science and dude is a medical student or Doctor so I am sure his knowledge is good.  ( I don't know what are you, but I will never visit your clinic cuz I got my herbs!! lol).  

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Rock said:

@CdnSikhGirl   Did you hear those sounds again, or was it one time thing ? Sorry, if its too personal . :)

Unfortunately no :( I have had the other sound like rushing static, electricity type sounds but the bells happened only that once. And I was a bit freaked out by it at the time to really analyze the experience. 

2 hours ago, CdnSikhGirl said:

Unfortunately no :( I have had the other sound like rushing static, electricity type sounds but the bells happened only that once. And I was a bit freaked out by it at the time to really analyze the experience. 

I am sure it will come back.