Sri Charitropakhyan Sahib jee Series - Charitar #6

paapiman

Warning: Sexually explicit material below. Daas will kindly request sangat, below the age of 25 or people who are greatly affected by Lust, to stay away from this discussion.

Please forgive me for being explicit.

Request to Mods/Admins:

- Please do not allow Guest posts in this topic
- Please do not tolerate any insults of Gurbani
- Please do delete any off-topic posts

Bhul chuk maaf

lDfyHm5w

These characters are repetitive now. Same story, a woman who is sleeping with two men. One being her husband and other, a side dude. Husband is always a Fool. If next 404 charities are like this, then my question is why we don't have a Granth where spirituality related stories  are written? 

Once people start working on themselves to raise their avastha high, do they really attract people like this who will cheat on them? If you are a spiritual person and have a pure heart, do you really need to know all the trick men and women can play or be on a watch that no one cheat on you.There is no peace if you read something negative. Here's an example, I used to watch a show cheaters( real life stories). Every time I saw a man cheating on a woman  and I saw her crying, I felt her pain and was fearful thinking what if after marriage my Husband cheat on me too? I stopped watching that show thank Vaheguroo!! Lol

I don't know, Paapiman ji, how about you take a shot at explaining the moral of this charita, will be interesting.:p  lol

10 minutes ago, GurpreetKaur said:

Here's an example, I used to watch a show cheaters( real life stories). Every time I saw a man cheating on a woman  and I saw her crying, I felt her pain and was fearful thinking what if after marriage my Husband cheat on me too? I stopped watching that show thank Vaheguroo!! Lol

Hey what about men getting cheated upon ,,you are being sexist

haha I m only kidding

So once again we have a Jatt man who was fooled by his wife, and a wife who was playing with the king. And the wife was clever enough to save her ass.

Important characters in story

- Jatt's wife...Jatt is considered to be a fool by default here lol

- King fond of hunting

- Symbolism of Black Snake, Pandit, putting feet on head

These characters are repetitive now.

Valid point. There is loads of repition in Gurbani. A gora friend of mine was reading an english translation of Guru Granth Sahib and said it just kept going on and on about the same topics. In the Guru Granth Sahib there is repetition about naam - in charitropakhyan there is repition about kaam.

Im not sure if the reason for repetition is because of some sort of literary standard of indian poetry and story telling. In the Mahabharat and Chaubis avatar you also see loads of repetition.

In light of the discussion on earlier charitars there was an evolution with little details that creep in that distinguishes the one story from the rest. I was quite intrigued when one person pointed out that in one of the charitars it talks about the king being blinded and one eyed - ie. he looses his sense of justice.  I read this as a simple story about cheating being elevated to a discussion on how a king can get misguided and blinded in his duties of being a king that exercises justice, when he gets trapped in everyday household affairs. The two successive stories were almost similiar, apart from this one statement of the king being one eyed. Maybe there is something similiar in this story - a statement that takes the sakhi to a higher (political/social) level?

Edited by amardeep

33 minutes ago, Ragmaala said:

So once again we have a Jatt man who was fooled by his wife, and a wife who was playing with the king. And the wife was clever enough to save her ass.

Important characters in story

- Jatt's wife...Jatt is considered to be a fool by default here lol

- King fond of hunting

- Symbolism of Black Snake, Pandit, putting feet on head

I don't think they mentioned caste or I can't  read lol. 

45 minutes ago, Ragmaala said:

Hey what about men getting cheated upon ,,you are being sexist

haha I m only kidding

Lol, I knew someone will point that out. I wanted to write something about women cheating on men then I was like ahh chado lol. It was not necessary for the point I was making but yes I was being sexist lol

1 hour ago, GurpreetKaur said:

These characters are repetitive now. Same story, a woman who is sleeping with two men. One being her husband and other, a side dude. Husband is always a Fool. If next 404 charities are like this, then my question is why we don't have a Granth where spirituality related stories  are written? 

Sister, these Charitars have Anthriv arths, but we need a Gurmukh scholar to explain them. Gurparssad, will provide you an example from SSGGSJM, which will make it clear for you.

Even, on a superficial layer, this Charitar is unique. This Charitar involves a King (who is a brave person), unlike the previous Charitars, engaging in a despicable act with a Citizen. That lady was a subject of the King and he was suppose to treat her like a daughter, not have sex with her. A brave King blinded by lust.

Other interesting points:

• The Jatt blindly believing in his wife - because she mentions about a Brahmin? Brahmins were considered as Devtay (Demi-Gods) by the other castes.
  • As stated by Ragmaala jee - black snake imagery, king fond of hunting, etc.

Bhul chuk maaf

6 minutes ago, GurpreetKaur said:

I don't think they mentioned caste or I can't  read lol. 

English translation often dont do justice, thats why I go straight for Gurmukhi :) Even punjabi fails sometimes,thats why you need to understand original text as well.

This is PHD level stuff and we are just kindergarten babies trying to make sense out of it. But this is a discussion worth having lol. Maybe we will graduate to grade 1 after this discussion

Yes, a king is supposed to be a father figure. How can he act like that ?  yes lust can make you so blind.

Anyone, remember the story of Brahma who had a lustful eye for his daughter Saraswati. That is why he had 4 heads, before he was looking in all directions wherever Saraswati meant. 

These stories have some deep meaning going on. We need to keep digging.

4 minutes ago, Ragmaala said:

Yes, a king is supposed to be a father figure. How can he act like that ?  yes lust can make you so blind.

Anyone, remember the story of Brahma who had a lustful eye for his daughter Saraswati. That is why he had 4 heads, before he was looking in all directions wherever Saraswati meant. 

These stories have some deep meaning going on. We need to keep digging.

Oh man, that's messed up..:(. I thought Brahma is a Hindu deity and they worship him. 

10 minutes ago, GurpreetKaur said:

Oh man, that's messed up..:(. I thought Brahma is a Hindu deity and they worship him. 

He is a Devtay, so he can make a mistake. His head was cut off by Shivjee, when he saw him running after his daughter. Saraswati jee was very beautiful, that is why he become a victim of lust.

Bhul chuk maaf

There is also a story where Shiv Jee got so excited to see the Mohini Avtar  ,that he ejaculated semen. And the story goes this seed fell on Earth and lead to birth of Hanuman I believe.

So Lust is very powerful, repetitive stories are needed to understand it.      @paapiman@GurpreetKaur

"In the Agni Purana, as the enchanted Shiva follows Mohini, drops of his semen falls on the ground and become lingas, Shiva's symbols. His semen also generates the monkey-god Hanuman, who helps Vishnu's avatar Rama in his fight against Ravana in the Ramayana.[36]Shiva Purana says that by the mere glimpse of Mohini, Shiva spurts out his seed. The seed was collected and poured into the ear of Anjani, who gave birth to Hanuman, the incarnation of Shiva.[34] The latter is retold in the Thai and Malaysian version of the Ramayana.[37] Though Hanuman strings from Shiva's seed, he is also considered as a combined son of Vishnu and Shiva.[17]" 

@paapiman

1 minute ago, amardeep said:

@Ragmaala These stories are not to be read literally. They are figurative stories - you have to read between the lines.

I dont have a clear position on this stance yet. I would like to believe that they actually happened. These stories are quite entertaining. But this will lead the thread in another discussion if I mention that such stories are mentioned in Guru Granth Sahib like Indra having the signs of 1000 V marks etc. But will leave that for now.

But yes I do agree , you also have to read between the lines, and derive a deeper symbolical message  out of it.

16 minutes ago, amardeep said:

What is important is that the warriors in the group have actually discussed this topic and done vichaar on it prior to them becomming the rulers! Vichaar done correctly leads to internalization.  What is internalized becomes action.

I do like this analysis.

Remember, how Singhs were not allowed to rape nor run after the enemy.  Especially, sexual contact with a turkani was a great sin to discourage Singhs from even thinking that way. Remember, Hari Singh Nalwa how he turned away a beautiful turkani by calling her mother. And a story of Singh who was caught by turks and forcibly had his kesh removed, but didnt commint the sexual act with turkani, hence he was still a Singh & maharaj hugged him.

These stories impart teachings to instill a high moral character.