Sign in to follow this  
Ragmaala

Bird Documentaries

Hmm maybe there was also something symbolic in this calling for these birds than a mere appreciation of their singing.

"Cuckoos are often highly secretive and in many cases best known for their wide repertoire of calls. Calls are usually relatively simple, resembling whistles, flutes, or hiccups.[28] The calls are used in order to demonstrate ownership of a territory"

- Wikipedia

4 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

hhm my previous karams as samurai bhaji says lol

it could just be a coincidence hahaha...

I personally got a thing for white lions and white tigers, could gaze at their pics for ages..

10 minutes ago, amardeep said:

There is a hukamnama by Guru Hargobind wherein he ask for a pair of kuckoo birds to be brought to him. The kucko birds are known for their beautiful singing.

Interesting.  I heard 7th Guru Nanak ji were real fond of animals and provided first aid to injured animals etc.

34 minutes ago, Ragmaala said:

Interesting.  I heard 7th Guru Nanak ji were real fond of animals and provided first aid to injured animals etc.

Daas thinks (might be wrong) - Seventh Master used to keep rabbits. It would have been great, if Daas was a rabbit of Maharaaj.

Dhan Guru Nanak....toon hee Nirankaar

32 minutes ago, amardeep said:

Yes I heard that too. And also had a garden of various plants and herbs practising Ayurvedic medicine.

Maharaaj sent medication to Dara Shikoh too, after an assassination attempt by Aurengzeb.

Bhul chuk maaf

40 minutes ago, Ragmaala said:

What is the english term for Babiha that has been used so frequently in Gurbani ?  Is it the same as cuckoo or koel...

Yeah their calling is definitely something

Babiha prio prio kare.

Isn't Babiha the Rainbird?

Bhul chuk maaf

5 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

I will be posting whatever bird videos I come across or documentaries.  I find these to be very relaxing and calming.. hhm my previous karams as samurai bhaji says lol

Without dogs nothing is exciting lol

wikipedia

hmm a legend ?

1 minute ago, BhagatSingh said:

@RagmaalaWhat a coincidence , Dally and I were just discussing birds and animals of India, earlier today.

@dalsingh101 Check it out. You can research on this, while I finish what I am doing.
This is like spice in our tarka.

damn we are picking each other vibrations unknowingly.. lol

@GurpreetKaur  birds are mentioned way more times in Gurbani than Dogs.   Birds wake up in morning , they do chu chu in morning and do bhagti of God.

We should be faithful like dogs I agree, but without the calling of birds God wont hear us .

Beat this hehe!