Bird Documentaries

Ragmaala

4 minutes ago, Ragmaala said:

Birds wake up in morning , they do chu chu in morning and do bhagti of God.

jo bolat hai mrig meen pankheru, bin Hari japat hai nahi hor
Whatever the animals, fish and birds say, other than Hari they do not talk of anyone else.

33 minutes ago, GurpreetKaur said:

sorry your bird topic is becoming Dog topic :(

Your dog topic is now Kirtan topic >)

Just now, BhagatSingh said:

Whatever the animals, fish and birds say, other than Hari they do not talk of anyone else.

@BhagatSinghBut seriously, what are your thoughts on Rain Bird or Babiha ?  I have posted few pics of birds who are called rain birds.

22 minutes ago, Ragmaala said:

nooooo   stop hijacking my birds haha

They're getting jacked!!! lol

1 minute ago, Ragmaala said:

@BhagatSingh And also do you know anything about Swanti Boond...apparently it satisfies the thirst of lifetimes....

I am listening to kirtan....clouds were instructed to shower with grace...babiha woke up in amrit vela...   so melodius...

Hmm...I hadn't given it much thought before but it seems like that the Babiha and the Swanti Boond are metaphors or analogies to meditating on Ram naam during Amrit Vela, with a high level of intensity and enthusiasm. With your attention so strongly focused on his naam that this one drop of naam is enough to send you into a pool of concentration, clarity and equanimity.

Also what happens in a spiritual discipline, like any other discipline like strength training for example, is that it may start to lose its spice after a while, so you have to find ways to pump yourself up to meditate with the same enthusiasm you did the day before and the day before and the day before...

Reality is that it is possible to get "bored" of meditation (not doing it as much or doing it without energy and vitality) even for people who are highly skilled at it. This is something you gotta watch for and seek out certain reminders like the babiha song to get you excited about meditating. This is why hanging photos of Gurus or people meditating, or having kirtan turned on all day, helps, because it draws your mind to meditation.

The babiha song is from the age when they didn't have photos and music players. They were much more connected to nature back then and the babiha song was a common reminder to meditate, just like how that nanaksar painting of Baba Nanak is.

I am trying to bring myself to that place of connectedness as well, recently whenever I see a tree I begin to meditate to condition myself.

28 minutes ago, Ragmaala said:

@GurpreetKaur  birds are mentioned way more times in Gurbani than Dogs.   Birds wake up in morning , they do chu chu in morning and do bhagti of God.

We should be faithful like dogs I agree, but without the calling of birds God wont hear us .

Beat this hehe!

Great lol. Rabb ji loves the innocence of dogs too. Birds don't care about humans, they freakin poop on us. A pigeon pooped on me and I used to feed bunch of pigeons and used to get bad looks from people about it and still he pooped on me. Bad bad birds, I will never forget that pigeon, never ever. He used to wait for me to give him stuff and then one day he just pooped on me. You mush be thinking how I know it was him, he was different than others. His leg was kinda broken. Now I miss him :( lol. Back to dogs, they are the best!!!

33 minutes ago, BhagatSingh said:

It will go to many other routes too and might make a u turn again. I don't know why people start saying stick to the topic, it's impossible, one thing lead to other and bam we are off topic lol

5 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

wow evil cuckoo bird..felt so bad for the reed warblers & the parents...ah well trickery of nature  ....kaali koyal tu kit gun kaali....

Mom told me long time ago that Cuckoo( koel) usually put her eggs in crows nest and she eat the crow's Eggs but I guess she play this poor bird or all other birds too. The baby cuckoo is evil, as soon as he opened his eyes he started throwing his siblings out. That's evil lol But who brainwashed the cuckoo baby to do this? This video is so interesting, I am watching more of this cuckoo crazy birds now lol

But their voice is so soothing. 

I once recoded the timing of birds leaving home and getting back. I did that for a month like used to write on a paper their timing. They were so good with timing, only off couple times with 15 minutes. Don't ask me why I did that lol. I used to meditate at that time and they would make noise while passing my window so Just started noticing and did a little experiment. No watch and nothing, they just knew how to read Nature. That's how hen used to be an alarm clock in ancient times, I don't know if they still do that. When I go to India, I will get a hen so he can be my alarm clock lol

On 2016-02-21 at 4:13 PM, GurpreetKaur said:

I once recoded the timing of birds leaving home and getting back. I did that for a month like used to write on a paper their timing. They were so good with timing, only off couple times with 15 minutes. Don't ask me why I did that lol. I used to meditate at that time and they would make noise while passing my window so Just started noticing and did a little experiment. No watch and nothing, they just knew how to read Nature. That's how hen used to be an alarm clock in ancient times, I don't know if they still do that. When I go to India, I will get a hen so he can be my alarm clock lol

We all have internal biological clocks and circadian rhythms. Birds are better tuned to theirs. Its amazing.

Examples of koonj/migratory birds are given in Gurbani, on how they can feed their chicks through simran.