One person goes to a prostitute and gets rewarded; another person who does Seva of Sri Satguru jee (First Master) gets punished.

Please listen to Gyani Thakur Singh jee, narrating the sakhi.

Please listen from start: 

http://www.gurbaniupdesh.org/multimedia/04-Katha/13-Giani%20Thakur%20Singh%20Ji%20%28Patiala%20Wale%29/Katha%20Sri%20Guru%20Granth%20Sahib%20Ji/CD11%28Ang0886-1024%29/0927-Ang-0990-Pankti-02.mp3

Bhul chuk maaf

That's 31 minutes long :(. Okay lemme try to reveal the suspense and let me know if I am right or wrong. So the person who goes to prostitute go to her because he's lonely and just want company. He does not go there to fulfill his lust. So he go to her but end up helping her and get her outta that business. 

And the person who is doing seva of first Master do it because he wants some sort of material things? He got punished because he was being mean to his mother but was being nice to guru ji.

Am I right ? 

5 minutes ago, GurpreetKaur said:

That's 31 minutes long :(. Okay lemme try to reveal the suspense and let me know if I am right or wrong. So the person who goes to prostitute go to her because he's lonely and just want company. He does not go there to fulfill his lust. So he go to her but end up helping her and get her outta that business. 

And the person who is doing seva of first Master do it because he wants some sort of material things? He got punished because he was being mean to his mother but was being nice to guru ji.

Am I right ? 

Sister, you don't have to listen to the whole Katha clip. The time point has been provided. If you listen to the first 5 minutes, you will understand the sakhi.

Bhul chuk maaf 

13 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Sister, you don't have to listen to the whole Katha clip. The time point has been provided. If you listen to the first 5 minutes, you will understand the sakhi.

Bhul chuk maaf 

Ohhh.. Next time I will read the full instructions. My bad!

Saakhi is about two dudes, one would go to a Prostitute and other was doing good deeds and one day one dude( bad guy) found a gold coin and other one got hit by a nail and they both went to Guru Nanak Dev ji and asked and guru ji explained that the bad guy was supposed to get a pot of gold coins but his bad deed made him get only one. And second dude was gonna get hurt really bad ( Russell Peters style lol) but he got away since he was doing good deeds and bhagti.

its a very common saakhi, I am sure most of you hav heard it. Here is it in English. 

On 2/22/2016 at 6:19 AM, GurpreetKaur said:

Am I right ? 

100 % sure.. u are joking XD

On 2/22/2016 at 6:08 AM, paapiman said:

One person goes to a prostitute and gets rewarded; another person who does Seva of Sri Satguru jee (First Master) gets punished.

Please listen to Gyani Thakur Singh jee, narrating the sakhi.

Please listen from start: 

http://www.gurbaniupdesh.org/multimedia/04-Katha/13-Giani%20Thakur%20Singh%20Ji%20%28Patiala%20Wale%29/Katha%20Sri%20Guru%20Granth%20Sahib%20Ji/CD11%28Ang0886-1024%29/0927-Ang-0990-Pankti-02.mp3

Bhul chuk maaf

I remember this Katha lol 

It's nice

15 hours ago, Harman deep singh said:

100 % sure.. u are joking XD

I remember this Katha lol 

It's nice

No I really thought saakhi would go that way. lol so was not joking. I once read somewhere that there were two prostitutes and one of them just sold her body for money and other one actually helped men who were lonely or going through stuff and even in this so called low profession she was being careful that she was helping them not just selling herself off. I don't know I think read in a book and the moral was no matter what your profession is you can help people lol. Not saying people should go and become prostitutes, just remembered that when I read the title of OP lol

OP is original post I think. Right? Lol

2 hours ago, GurpreetKaur said:

No I really thought saakhi would go that way. lol so was not joking. I once read somewhere that there were two prostitutes and one of them just sold her body for money and other one actually helped men who were lonely or going through stuff and even in this so called low profession she was being careful that she was helping them not just selling herself off. I don't know I think read in a book and the moral was no matter what your profession is you can help people lol. Not saying people should go and become prostitutes, just remembered that when I read the title of OP lol

OP is original post I think. Right? Lol

Either ways they will go to hell >…> probably 

There is also a sakhi abt good and deeds from bhai randheer Singh g 

They were prince in previous life and they broke leg of hermit while trying to help and bad karma followed and in current life they got their teeth broken by British jailer 

They knew this was going to happen 

15 minutes ago, Harman deep singh said:

what about the Ganika described in Gurbani?

she found a parrot who recited holy words, she just used to repeat what the parrot said and she was saved?  does anyone know this sakhi in full?

On 22/02/2016 at 0:49 AM, GurpreetKaur said:

Am I right ? 

I liked this sakhi!

25 minutes ago, Harman deep singh said:

They were prince in previous life and they broke leg of hermit while trying to help and bad karma followed and in current life they got their teeth broken by British jailer 

wouldnt the 'bad karma' be to get their leg broken too, not their teeth?  how is getting their teeth broken just?

50 minutes ago, Guest said:

she found a parrot who recited holy words, she just used to repeat what the parrot said and she was saved?  does anyone know this sakhi in full?

Veer ji ganika sakhi we know it 

Hahahhaha I feel like sakhi telling machine now

Actually ganika was a sadhu or bhakt in previous life she did great bhakti kept doing it doing it doing it but still didn't get vaheguru g 

She got disappointed 

And she kept bhakti but on last moment 

She was dying she called bed (doctor)

A vedic person came and checked her hand by holding it  and coz of touch of a male (kaam stood up) she thought that she couldn't even enjoy life and couldn't even get vaheguru maybe she wasted every moment  and shortly laterdied

And ganika born again 

This time God fullfil her wish to  enjoy life and she became pros*itute well she did everything this time 

But then 

A sadhu came, she did sewa of sadhu  , pleased sadhu gave her parrot and she named it ram 

She would keep calling parrot name which was ram 

Ram ram ram 

And on her last moments she was calling her parrot ram ram 

And coz of that she liberated 

It was all coz of her previous birth 

If she had not thought kaamic thought in previous birth she may had liberated but coz of trishna produced from touch of male she had to take birth again 

Das apologize for any mistake 

41 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

wouldnt the 'bad karma' be to get their leg broken too, not their teeth?  how is getting their teeth broken just?

Karma is like a measuring unit 

You do things and u get equal amounts

Well actually he had broke leg of hermit 

And after that Sant randheer g took birth again 

One day in jail sant g saw dream abt 

How he broke hermit leg mistakingly 

Guru Nanak g gave this warning that you may have to pay debts now 

Then a new jailer came he tried to give sant g meat but sant g refused 

Jailer forced but sant g shut teeth tight 

So jailer broke them 

My indication was that even sants pay for their karma 

They can destroy them but they choose to pay for it honestly due to humility

Bhul chuk maaf

12 hours ago, Guest said:

There were three Ganikas in history.

• First, the one mentioned by Harman Paaji
  • Second one lived during the time of Raja Janak jee Maharaaj
  • Third one? - can anyone help?

Bhul chuk maaf

21 hours ago, Harman deep singh said:

There is also a sakhi abt good and deeds from bhai randheer Singh g 

Yea read that in Bhai sahibs autobiography such a great book. 

3 hours ago, GurpreetKaur said:

Yea read that in Bhai sahibs autobiography such a great book. 

Yeah 

Specially when they were young 

And how they met God

Gandhi was such a jerk :p ( if I didn't read it wrong Gandhi did something stupid in it)

Bhagat Singh converted to Sikhism after meeting bhai randheer 

Singh g <3

13 hours ago, paapiman said:

There were three Ganikas in history.

• First, the one mentioned by Harman Paaji
  • Second one lived during the time of Raja Janak jee Maharaaj
  • Third one? - can anyone help?

Bhul chuk maaf

Really o.o ? There was third one?