Thoughts on St John Wort/ Serotonin levels/ 5-HT ?

Ragmaala

3 hours ago, Gunahgar said:

Received my 5-HT today, each capsule is 50 mg. Recommended is 3 capsules in a day. I will start off one capsule a day. Let's see what it does.

Good luck, May Vaheguroo ji provide you victory over that darn depression and you can feel like when people are in love. Happy and carefree. Lol

46 minutes ago, GurpreetKaur said:

Good luck, May Vaheguroo ji provide you victory over that darn depression and you can feel like when people are in love. Happy and carefree. Lol

Lets see it is just an experiment. So far, it made me sleepy & causing lack of motivation. Not sure if its a true effect or mind created it up . Mind is  a trickster. Lets c how it goes.

Did 20 min meditation before going to sleep. A weird sensation was felt in between the root of nose & I could hear some ringing of ears like you do after a huge blast .
 There is def. something with 5-HTP.  But it also causes the groggy feeling, the feeling that you get after oversleeping and you need high caffeine to shake it off. I also overslept this morning.  Lets see how it goes.

19 hours ago, Gunahgar said:

Lets see it is just an experiment. So far, it made me sleepy & causing lack of motivation. Not sure if its a true effect or mind created it up . Mind is  a trickster. Lets c how it goes.

Well, it's working by keeping you sleepy so you won't feel anything. :p.. I am just playing. Read it makes you lose wieght too so you are targeting two problems with one  drug.

Update on 5-HT:  I took it last night, felt weird, could not sleep right away, and felt like shortness of breath & anxiety, although HR was around 66.  Weird.

I spent 20 dollars on this thing, not sure if I am going to continue taking it.

Advise: dont try to fix something that is not broken.

Yeh, I did find that 5-HT brands and especially 100mg would make you groggy, but at the same time would also induce deep sleep. I think that this is also why many people take it along with melatonin to help them sleep or for insomnia. I found that taking the pre-cursor "tryptophan" in capsule form was more effective and not making me groggy. Keeping some tryptophan in hand is probably a good idea and much safer than taking prescription SSRI's like celexas, prozacs or benzos. Tryptophan will help with pineal stimulation whereas ssri's won't and neither will the dreaded St John's wort.

At the end of the day,... simran and then getting to the shabad, will help eradicate all the chinta and anxieties. Gurbani tells us that this disease of the mind along with asa and trishna,  can all be hammered and stopped once you learn to still and stop your mind with meditative quietening.

10 hours ago, Lucky said:

prescription SSRI's like celexas, prozacs or benzos

yes sir, God forbid no one should ever get on those meds.. they wreak havoc on brain chemistry...and so many side effects. Although they do work v well on anxiety type of issues.

I dont have any major issues,  I was just trying them on for extra boost...lol

But yeah we need to hammer our brains with as much Simran as possible.

Infact, people who have had concussion or brain injury, meditation is prescribed along with fish capsules. Meditation is v important for recovery. In severe cases, patients are asked to meditate 3 hours daily. Those who stick to it see great results. These studies have been conducted in Harvard etc. Since sports injuries & concussions are good money generators, lots of research has been done in this regards, traumatic brain injury & meditation.

1 hour ago, Gunahgar said:

Infact, people who have had concussion or brain injury, meditation is prescribed along with fish capsules. Meditation is v important for recovery. In severe cases, patients are asked to meditate 3 hours daily. Those who stick to it see great results. These studies have been conducted in Harvard etc. Since sports injuries & concussions are good money generators, lots of research has been done in this regards, traumatic brain injury & meditation.

Yes for definite bro! 

I've had major TBI with frontal lobe injuries along with sub-arachnoid bleeding. My recovery has been good  but concentration and focus span can be poor for certain tasks.(Not allowed to drive for this reason)

22 hours ago, Gunahgar said:

Update on 5-HT:  I took it last night, felt weird, could not sleep right away, and felt like shortness of breath & anxiety, although HR was around 66.  Weird.

I spent 20 dollars on this thing, not sure if I am going to continue taking it.

Advise: dont try to fix something that is not broken.

You should have spent 20$ on elite noble Shungite stone to purify your water and purify your house from radiation. Awein time waste kitta drugs tey, next time take my advice my Pahpa Jee says I am boht seyana bacha.