18 hours ago, Guest guest said:

how are you doing Singh11?

Guru ji kirpa, not doing bad stuff on the internet.

But yesterday night my mind just kept saying bad stuff about the Bhagats and then when I woke up it was insulting shaheeds, it put it my in a bad mood the whole day. 

• 1 month later...

@singh11

A lady's son, who is a co-worker of my mother, developed OCD. His family doctor gave him counselling and his situation improved. If you haven't improved yet brother, then definitely seek professional assistance. Most likely, it will be a lot easier for a professional to tackle your case, during initial stages of OCD.   

Also, Daas talked to a Pandit jee (who is an Astrologer and a Psychic) about this. He said that if Hypnosis is done properly, then it would definitely have an effect, in the case of OCD.

Bhul chuk maaf

• 3 years later...

Brother,

apart from from seeing a doctor, take the medicine of which Gurbani tells us about: Sarb rog ka aukhad Nam.

Try doing Nam japna of Waheguru or Satnam with a start of 10 miuntes, you may gradually increase, you need no particular place nor time, you may do it while waiting, walking or going  somewhere it will have a purfying effect in you, but do not think it will be instantly. We are all absolutely sinners, so it may take time to get cleansed, but definetely we have to start taking our daily dose, increase it gradually, it has no side effects, and the more you take or do it, the healthier you will become, physically, mentally, spiritually.

All our miseries and pains  are due to our polluted minds, once the filth starts getting removed with Nam japna, we will become better and better ...

Stay blessed.

SSA.

• 1 year later...
On 3/5/2016 at 2:55 PM, singh11 said:

No, but previously my condition was really bad was into superstitions and everything. Like I used to do everything a certain number of times otherwise i felt something bad will happen. And I used to wash my hands for more than 5 minutes. Someone suggest I had Pure-O, which is the exact some thoughts I get that people online have describe/written about.  

On 3/5/2016 at 2:17 PM, singh11 said:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I need guidance, recently I feel down. I'm having problems with balancing Sikhi and normal daily tasks. 

Currently I am in my last year at university and have a lot of work, I also have OCD/Pure-O which means I get messed up thoughts and sometimes they really do get to me. I have quite a few problems so will try and shorten them down. 

• I find it hard to do any path, even the shortest bania will take me a long time to do and whenever I do complete the bani instead of feeling at peace I get headaches. I would say it takes me 40 minutes to do Japji Sahib and 10 minutes to do Kirtan Sohila. It really annoys me that I can't do it my bania quicker, I have been doing this for two years and don't think I can carry on this the rest of my life.  I just keep stopping and repeating some tuks over and over again because I feel I have pronounced it wrong and feel like Guru Ji is going to tell me off. 
  •  Because of my OCD I find it hard to make a decision, I will spend a lot of time considering whether what i'm going to do is the best choice for my Sikhi. I just end up thinking about it all the time and just feel down and exhausted after. 
  • I can't control my kaam, every week I just end up going on the internet and doing bad stuff. After I feel sick and I feel I don't deserve to be a Sikh. 
  • I get some many bad thoughts, but Guru Ji kirpa I've learnt to live with them, but it kills me inside and makes me worried whenever I get a bad thought about Guru Ji, a mahapurkh or a Shaheed. When I sit down in the sangat it is more hard, my mind just says so many bad stuff about people. Also because of my OCD my mind is messed up, for example sometimes when looking up and where I look happens to be a girl, i automatically think I've done something bad. 
  • The time i do bania, are all over the place. I don't wake up at amrit vela and my evening path I sometimes do at 10/11pm. When I go uni sometimes I would reach home round 6/7 but I'm to tired and hungry to straight away to do my Rehras Sahib Ji, so i end up doing it late, sleep late and wake up late. I listen Rehras sahib Ji when travelling from back to uni but I feel guilty, and end up doing it later at home. 
  • Because of my OCD, I wash my hands alot and my skin gets bad after a few days. I also live in family which drinks and has meat, so I feel like stuff is contaminated.  

Currently i am not Amritdari and to be honest I hardly do any simran. 

My morning routine is: 

When I go uni  I start path at 8

When i don't go uni start path about 11/12

• Japji Sahib
  • Jaap Sahib (listen and follow along as much as I can) 
  • Tav prasad savaiye
  • Chaupai Sahib (listen and recite along) 

• Anand Sahib (listen but when doing worldly things if at home or on the train) 
  • Hukamnama (if i have uni i will read it in the night) 

Evening Routine: 

• Rehras Sahib Ji

Night: 

• Kirtan Sohila
  • Hukamnama Katha 
  • Simran (10 minutes if lucky) 

I feel all over the place at the moment, and not even studying much because I can't find the right balance. 

Please forgive me if i said anything wrong, offensive or wasted your time. 

Sat Sri Akaal

Yes it's Religious OCD. But I must say, you have great schedule to devote yourself to Guru. I can totally understand your condition. Even I do Path and Ardas a multiple times because I don't feel I was fully focused. Also, my mind makes me feel bad that I prefer that I should do  Path on train or bus. But that's where OCD won't attack you that your hands are not clean or feet are not clean, but your brain will tell you that you're just lazy to do it at home. So, just know that your mind is playing with you. Just tell it that I'm doing it on train because you don't let me do it the right way, it will help you. And it's better you yourself stop watching bad stuff because it will automatically increase your intrusive thoughts. For sure you need to stop that. 

Baki, watch Ali Greymond on YouTube about religious OCD, you will feel better as you'll know more about your Condition and it will be easy for you to tackle. Baki keep doing Ardas to Guru Sahib, that I want to be like You but OCD is not letting me and I guess taking Amrit will help, take your Ardas to Sangat and Panj Pyaare, Guru Sahib will cure you. And keep this schedule as it is. Atleast you're still doing Path. I can't even do it because of my cleaning rituals. Better get it on hold before it's too late.

Waheguru Bhala Karn🙏

3 hours ago, Ranjeet. said:

Yes it's Religious OCD. But I must say, you have great schedule to devote yourself to Guru. I can totally understand your condition. Even I do Path and Ardas a multiple times because I don't feel I was fully focused. Also, my mind makes me feel bad that I prefer that I should do  Path on train or bus. But that's where OCD won't attack you that your hands are not clean or feet are not clean, but your brain will tell you that you're just lazy to do it at home. So, just know that your mind is playing with you. Just tell it that I'm doing it on train because you don't let me do it the right way, it will help you. And it's better you yourself stop watching bad stuff because it will automatically increase your intrusive thoughts. For sure you need to stop that. 

Baki, watch Ali Greymond on YouTube about religious OCD, you will feel better as you'll know more about your Condition and it will be easy for you to tackle. Baki keep doing Ardas to Guru Sahib, that I want to be like You but OCD is not letting me and I guess taking Amrit will help, take your Ardas to Sangat and Panj Pyaare, Guru Sahib will cure you. And keep this schedule as it is. Atleast you're still doing Path. I can't even do it because of my cleaning rituals. Better get it on hold before it's too late.

Waheguru Bhala Karn🙏

wjkk wjkf

Are you also suffering from OCD? If so, have you visited a Psychiatrist? Have you tried any medication?

Bhul chuk maaf