"Glory of Dasam Bani" Kamalroop Singh and Sukha Singh

samurai

4 hours ago, samurai said:

now your just showing your age..lol.

It did make me chuckle seeing sukha singh as an 18 year old kid... 

yeah he is a lot mature now

he was here at Nanaksar Gurdwara last pooranmashi...his dresses way simpler now, no fancy ornaments on turban...but he does have some power behind his words...

2 hours ago, Gunahgar said:

he was here at Nanaksar Gurdwara last pooranmashi...his dresses way simpler now, no fancy ornaments on turban...but he does have some power behind his words...

He's a legend, he taught me so much history of Sikhi, I have spent whole whole day listening to him. 

That's very old too, now turban is not big and he's not that much funny. Like more mature now .lol

19 hours ago, amardeep said:

wow thats like 10 years old lol it came out when i first started using this forum

I must have been like 6 and half when that came out.

One thing that surprised me a little was Kamalroop Singhs mention of Sri Dasme Patshah's Granth having 1428 angs compared to 1430 angs of Sri Guru Granth Sahib. This is only a recent phenomenon because of type-setting. Hand written saroops varied greatly.

It gives the impression that SDPG was not to exceed SGGS in size and is subservient. Of course it is, but the number of angs has nothing to do with it. Am I making any sense with this?

7 minutes ago, chatanga1 said:

It gives the impression that SDPG was not to exceed SGGS in size and is subservient. Of course it is, but the number of angs has nothing to do with it. Am I making any sense with this?

Bro, Maharaaj (Tenth Master) had decided not to exceed the Angs of SSGGSJM. That is why, there are some Gurbanis, which are outside of Sri Dasam Granth Sahib jee too. Sri Braham Kavach jee and Sri Ugardanti jee are two of them. There are more too.

Bhul chuk maaf

2 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Bro, Maharaaj (Tenth Master) had decided not to exceed the Angs of SSGGSJM. That is why, there are some Gurbanis, which are outside of Sri Dasam Granth Sahib jee too. Sri Braham Kavach jee and Sri Ugardanti jee are two of them. There are more too.

This seems like a husbands tale to me. Maharaj may have known in his infinite wisdom, but we can the one of the first handwritten saroop of SDPG dated 1698 and compare it with old saroops of SGGS but this 1428/1430 thing is only a recent concoction which happened when granths began to be printed rather than hand written. In my village there is a hadwritten saroop of SGGS which has over 900 folios, that's over 1800 angs.

1 hour ago, chatanga1 said:

This seems like a husbands tale to me. Maharaj may have known in his infinite wisdom, but we can the one of the first handwritten saroop of SDPG dated 1698 and compare it with old saroops of SGGS but this 1428/1430 thing is only a recent concoction which happened when granths began to be printed rather than hand written. In my village there is a hadwritten saroop of SGGS which has over 900 folios, that's over 1800 angs.

Gyani Thakur Singh jee mentioned in this Katha about it. It would be great, if someone can compare the Angs of Sri Kartarpur wala Saroop and the handwritten saroop of SDGSJ dated 1698.

Bhul chuk maaf

20 hours ago, Gunahgar said:

I knew him back in the days, even then he had a natural ability to get his message across and was quiet influential, something he obviously hasn't lost. 

@chatanga.. i was 8 and a half when this video came out..lol. But its good to reminisce sometimes..lol

I think kamalroop's mention of the angs is just to get the audiences attention a little, i wouldn't read to much into that though.