MENSTRUATION = FEMININE, GODDESS

Guest GORA GUEST

Guest GORA GUEST

Menstruation is the reason we are here.  If it wasn't for women's periods the human race would have disappeared from the mother earth very long time ago.  God loves women and that's why He bestowed the gift of monthly cycle upon them so to enable them to give birth to human beings.  He chose women and not men.  He didn't think men were capable of carrying out this wonderful mission of His!  Women are therefore superior to men because He specifically  and specially chose them to help Him with His mission on earth.  No one can deny this.  I am here because of my mother's menstrual cycle and because she brought me into this world, I am forever grateful and indebted to her.  When I was a child, my mother fed me, bathed me and dressed me even on the days she was menstruating.  I never rejected her food which she cooked while she had her periods.  The fact is, she cooked for the whole family and consecrated everything she cooked with a Christian grace, before serving it to us.  Who are we to look down upon women when we all know they are the ones that do everything for us whether they are menstruating or not?   If it wasn't for my mother's body I would have missed the chance of being born as a human.  It is only due to my human birth that I am able to taste Sikhee.  

Why did the Greeks worship so many Goddesses and how were these women able to  achieve such an elevated status despite their female bodies and menstruation? How?

Gurbani speaks against seeing menstruation as something impure or disgusting. Some on here who call themselves Singhs think women are disgusting and that anything they touch while menstruating becomes desecrated. So they want to place limitations on women to not do seva during that time. Then they will say that women are now lesser than men because they can't do as much seva as they can even though the men are the ones who created the limitation. Gurbani says pure/clean are those in who's mind the lord abides. These Singhs can wash a million times but never remove the filth from their minds that they created by putting women beneath them. They do not realize that God is everywhere. It makes no difference if a bibi is sitting on tabiya on her period or sitting 10 feet away in Sangat. Because God is everywhere including inside that bibi! and Gurbani also makes it clear that Guru = God. The same God whose divine essence is inside that menstruating bibi. These derawalas have fudu mentality. The disgustingness is in their minds. 

45 minutes ago, N30 S!NGH said:

Both men and women labels or fragments are relative, illusory construct made by mind, in absolute there are no genders just one pure awake spirit being (Jagad JOT being) . end of story...!!

And yet, such thinking has labelled me as 'stupid' for condoning 'utterly disgusting' acts. 

1 hour ago, Guest said:

Gurbani speaks against seeing menstruation as something impure or disgusting. Some on here who call themselves Singhs think women are disgusting and that anything they touch while menstruating becomes desecrated. So they want to place limitations on women to not do seva during that time. Then they will say that women are now lesser than men because they can't do as much seva as they can even though the men are the ones who created the limitation. Gurbani says pure/clean are those in who's mind the lord abides. These Singhs can wash a million times but never remove the filth from their minds that they created by putting women beneath them. They do not realize that God is everywhere. It makes no difference if a bibi is sitting on tabiya on her period or sitting 10 feet away in Sangat. Because God is everywhere including inside that bibi! and Gurbani also makes it clear that Guru = God. The same God whose divine essence is inside that menstruating bibi. These derawalas have fudu mentality. The disgustingness is in their minds. 

This is truth. Plain and simple. Waheguru Ji is everywhere. A menstruating woman can not avoid Waheguru Ji because the divine is within her own self.  So if that same divine is within her, then how can it ever be seen as a disgusting act if she does seva of SGGSJ? By sitting in sangat instead on the tabya she is no further away from Waheguru Ji.  

6 minutes ago, N30 S!NGH said:

Let people call us stupid, why you/we care as jot saroop(soul)..give no attention to it, by you giving attention is confining your immortal energy of awareness into such pittiness into some temp cause... I know its hard but do understand this has became hindrance for  both parties spiritual development- them and you as well ...!!

I am not worried about my own, I am worried about the girls who growing up will be indoctrinated to think they are disgusting because of a natural function given by Waheguru Ji.  That they will then grow up and shy away from seva because they feel they are not good enough to do it because of their cycles which they will only resent as being a mark of inferiority.  It has to stop somewhere. There has to be someone willing to speak up to initiate change.  I don't care about my own status. They can call me whatever they want, but if by initiating the discussion leads to understanding and down the road these young girls can grow up without resenting their gender like I had to, then I will be happy. 

5 hours ago, Guest GORA GUEST said:

Menstruation is the reason we are here.  If it wasn't for women's periods the human race would have disappeared from the mother earth very long time ago.  God loves women and that's why He bestowed the gift of monthly cycle upon them so to enable them to give birth to human beings.  He chose women and not men.  He didn't think men were capable of carrying out this wonderful mission of His!  Women are therefore superior to men because He specifically  and specially chose them to help Him with His mission on earth.  No one can deny this.  I am here because of my mother's menstrual cycle and because she brought me into this world, I am forever grateful and indebted to her. 

Guest Gora Sahib, you do have a father somewhere. Someone who laid seed to the monthly cycle to enable it to perform this miracle. Unless you are Jesus and your mother is Mary?

2 hours ago, CdnSikhGirl said:

That they will then grow up and shy away from seva because they feel they are not good enough to do it because of their cycles which they will only resent as being a mark of inferiority.  It has to stop somewhere.

Yes because there's a shortage of females doing seva in gurdwaras all around the world isn't there.

10 minutes ago, chatanga1 said:

Guest Gora Sahib, you do have a father somewhere. Someone who laid seed to the monthly cycle to enable it to perform this miracle. Unless you are Jesus and your mother is Mary?

Yes because there's a shortage of females doing seva in gurdwaras all around the world isn't there.

Men only give instructions. Nothing more.  One single cell in a sperm.  And even then, only half the instructions.  The entire child's body is created from scratch built by the Mothers body using raw materials from the Mother's body.  The Mother gives the raw material, uses it to build the baby and also half the instructions. Additionally through epigenetics, the Mother's own body chooses which switches to turn on or off even in the DNA contributed by the Father.  Even more interesting is the fact that two females will soon be able to create life together because an egg can be made to act like a sperm. However two sperm can never create life. The key to life is in women. 

There is a shortage of women stepping up to leadership roles in Sikhi.  All the women I see tend to stay in the langar hall. We need more women as granthis (there have been some but not many) and we need more women stepping up to roles like serving on managament committees and seva as panj pyaras.  If girls grow up thinking they are gross, and inferior to boys, and never encouraged to do these things then how will it ever happen? Perpetuating myth that menstruation makes women inferior and disgusting is wrong. 

5 hours ago, Guest said:

Men only give instructions. Nothing more.  One single cell in a sperm.  And even then, only half the instructions.  The entire child's body is created from scratch built by the Mothers body using raw materials from the Mother's body.  The Mother gives the raw material, uses it to build the baby and also half the instructions. Additionally through epigenetics, the Mother's own body chooses which switches to turn on or off even in the DNA contributed by the Father.  Even more interesting is the fact that two females will soon be able to create life together because an egg can be made to act like a sperm. However two sperm can never create life. The key to life is in women. 

There is a shortage of women stepping up to leadership roles in Sikhi.  All the women I see tend to stay in the langar hall. We need more women as granthis (there have been some but not many) and we need more women stepping up to roles like serving on managament committees and seva as panj pyaras.  If girls grow up thinking they are gross, and inferior to boys, and never encouraged to do these things then how will it ever happen? Perpetuating myth that menstruation makes women inferior and disgusting is wrong. 

You are reading too much scientific fiction , these things are at development stage and nobody knows whether they will be available to common people or not, what will be their outcome ? The life of that child if produced should have been closely monitored as he may develop some unanatural illnesses.

Btw scientists are also claiming they will create humans without sperm and egg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1223617/No-men-OR-women-needed-artificial-sperm-eggs-created-time.html

Also the cost factor will also come in . assuming that two women require 100 million dollar to produce baby then how many women will opt for that? 

Science is claiming all type of weird shit. nobody knows the future

First and foremost, my response is NOT centered around so-called Man vs Women. Think in terms of 2 forces. I'm ***NOT*** interested in debating over who can do what, all these things are just a way of mind to divert the attention from the real task (which is to remember HIM). 

Nothing is possible without the combination of Male/Female (Positive/Negative [charge]) but each has its own place and responsibility.

e.g

* Male is the creator/donar but that creation is nurtured only by the female.

* If we want to fasten something, we do need both Bolt (Male) and Nut (Female).

* All the sciences/religions are created (relative sense) by the Man but their religion's first followers was almost always Females.

* It is only female who could sustain a culture, cultures are lost in couple of generations if women stop to follow it.

Bottom line is: Nothing is possible without the power of both forces. To indulge in useless talk about This-vs-That is nothing more than the useless/deceiving-exercise of the Mind; which is always played by the mind.

Mind always play the games.........he is Malabali but could be put down to work for much better purpose.......Man Tu Jot Sarup Haan, Apna Mool Pehchan

Actually man is not the creator. Sperm does not create. The woman's body is the active force in creation while mans is passive. Mans body only nurtures the egg with instructions ( like a mother does while teaching the child once born). The mothers body literally builds the baby from scratch. She is not passive nurturing in this sense but is literally creating a whole new human from her own body. In creation of life process men are the passive and nurturing force while women are the creative active force.  But yes both are required not only in making a baby both parents should care for their child. That also means diaper changes for you men. When you care for someone you automatically bond more with them. Many dads want more of a bond with their infant children and that's the way to do it. Chip in with feelings (bottle of course) diaper changes and bathing and dressing. Not just once in awhile to play gaga with them and teach them to say dada. 

But anyway stopping women from seva because of periods is hogwash. Most women these days you'd never be able to tell and seriously who will check them anyway? Any volunteers to double check any women who will do seva to make sure they are not bleeding??? 

Guest guest

???

seriously who even called women inferior?  or said that mensuration made them inferior?  i have not even seen such things here, i think people are dreaming this up. no mensuration is not 'impure' etc. 

but yes it is not appropriate for woman to be doing public seva/public worship ceremonies when on period.  just like its not appropriate for someone to who is suffering from urinary incontinence to be doing it.  this is basic group hygiene/ettiquette.  any woman with intelligence/consderation would figure this out herself. 

this doesnt mean women who suffer mensuration cannot be considered saintly. 

seriously i would think women would appreciate the consideraton, and welcome the rest/chance to sit aside if they are having a heavy period expecially. 

to use the above analogy, if i was suffering urinary incontinence, no i would not want to run into group seva, gurdwara seva etc as per basic common sense.

8 hours ago, Guest said:

Actually man is not the creator. Sperm does not create. The woman's body is the active force in creation while mans is passive. Mans body only nurtures the egg with instructions ( like a mother does while teaching the child once born). The mothers body literally builds the baby from scratch. She is not passive nurturing in this sense but is literally creating a whole new human from her own body. In creation of life process men are the passive and nurturing force while women are the creative active force.  But yes both are required not only in making a baby both parents should care for their child. That also means diaper changes for you men. When you care for someone you automatically bond more with them. Many dads want more of a bond with their infant children and that's the way to do it. Chip in with feelings (bottle of course) diaper changes and bathing and dressing. Not just once in awhile to play gaga with them and teach them to say dada. 

But anyway stopping women from seva because of periods is hogwash. Most women these days you'd never be able to tell and seriously who will check them anyway? Any volunteers to double check any women who will do seva to make sure they are not bleeding??? 

Please use your real id, any further post from you without your real id signature at the bottom will be deleted / not approved from here on onwards. We can match the ip here. 

1 hour ago, Guest guest said:

???

seriously who even called women inferior?  or said that mensuration made them inferior?  i have not even seen such things here, i think people are dreaming this up. no mensuration is not 'impure' etc. 

but yes it is not appropriate for woman to be doing public seva/public worship ceremonies when on period.  just like its not appropriate for someone to who is suffering from urinary incontinence to be doing it.  this is basic group hygiene/ettiquette.  any woman with intelligence/consderation would figure this out herself. 

this doesnt mean women who suffer mensuration cannot be considered saintly. 

seriously i would think women would appreciate the consideraton, and welcome the rest/chance to sit aside if they are having a heavy period expecially. 

to use the above analogy, if i was suffering urinary incontinence, no i would not want to run into group seva, gurdwara seva etc as per basic common sense.

You might think it only affects one Singhni at only a few days at a time. I have been told by a Taksali Singh who says the reason women can't do kirtan at Darbar Sahib at all, has to do with periods. Imagine you have a female ragi jatha. And they have been approved to do kirtan there. Now three different women, who would most likely have periods at three different times of the month.  And now, as a ragi jatha, they are put on rotation to perform there. Once a jatha is on rotation, they are expected to perform.  Now one of the SInghnis has her period, oopps now they can't perform? So another jatha covers for them and few days later they come back, now the next week Singhni #2 has her period. Oopps they can't perform again? You see what I am getting at.  For that reason, no women are allowed to ever perform kirtan there. It no longer affects one Singhni for a few days a month. It affects all women being disallowed to do kirtan there ever.  So in our most holy place, and most well known place around the world, we will never hear the voice of female ragi jatha. And the world (those outside Sikhi) start to think that women must be treated lower. 

Similar to Granthi position. A Granthi job is full time. I smaller gurdwaras there may be only one Granthi. They are expected to do this seva without having to have someone stand in for them for several days each month. What this means is that none of these gurdwaras will ever have female granthis because they dont want to have to have someone stand in for the granthi on regular basis. And man will be seen as better because he wont have to take time off. 

Now we have women barred from granthi and kirtan.  Next up, akhand paaths. Next you will say that women can't be on a pothi list for akhand paaths because hey what happens if an akhand paath happens and she is bleeding? 

You are systemically barring women from all visible roles in Sikhi with this thinking.  

I posted before an internal protection for periods. Its worn completely inside, is 100% leakproof, made of silicone so nothing can leak through.  It basically holds the blood still inside until its removed.  It can be worn for 12 hours straight.  There is no need for external pads or diapers etc. She can place it, wash up and its like she is not bleeding at all.  Hygiene wise she is perfectly clean. This is the difference between menstruation and incontinence, where you cant wear any internal protection. While women have several internal means to stop the bleeding temporarily.

You guys keep saying its unclean. What I find really disturbing is that if you think its so unclean hygienically speaking, then why is langar not the seva that is being attacked? Certainly any hygiene issues would be more important when preparing food, than sitting on tabiya?  But nowhere have I seen anyone say women are barred from making langar while on their periods.  For that matter if there is a hygiene issue maybe they shouldnt even be in the gurdwara at all?

Oh and one last way it affects all women.  If a woman lives alone you will say she can't have saroop of SGGSJ at her home because she won't be able to do seva of SGGSJ or sit on tabiya even then?

By the way I addressed the exact question to SGPC last year and they said there is no restriction.  Its up to the women if they want to or not. If they feel up to it then there is nothing saying they cant.  Its not even something men should be commenting on.  

Guest guest

Hi

but women who are menopausal would not meet this restriction.  so i do not buy the explanation they told you.  btw in England I see women Paathis by SGGS all the time, aswell as women kirtan singers.  they even have 'women sangat' days here. 

reason for difference between langur and sittng infront of SGGS is that the latter means ritual (formal) cleanliness.  its a formal, elevated platform, with accompanying decorum. just because you suppress something, doesnt mean its not there, for example a bleeding wound may be bandaged, but still may not be good etiqutte for an injured person to site in that place.  so its just about decorum, its not an anti-women or 'impurity' thing at all. 

think about it this way- if there was a special occasion- like a wedding or something- the bride would rather not have a heavy period on that day right? or a special sports tournament.  it is similar to that.

i dont think this applies to having SGGS at home, but i really don't know. 

2 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Hi

but women who are menopausal would not meet this restriction.  so i do not buy the explanation they told you.  btw in England I see women Paathis by SGGS all the time, aswell as women kirtan singers.  they even have 'women sangat' days here. 

reason for difference between langur and sittng infront of SGGS is that the latter means ritual (formal) cleanliness.  its a formal, elevated platform, with accompanying decorum. just because you suppress something, doesnt mean its not there, for example a bleeding wound may be bandaged, but still may not be good etiqutte for an injured person to site in that place.  so its just about decorum, its not an anti-women or 'impurity' thing at all. 

think about it this way- if there was a special occasion- like a wedding or something- the bride would rather not have a heavy period on that day right? or a special sports tournament.  it is similar to that.

i dont think this applies to having SGGS at home, but i really don't know. 

If cleanliness is an issue (and not purity) then the very FIRST seva someone with a hygiene issue should be barred from is making food for others because of food poisoning.  Seva of SGGSJ would not be the first thing restricted as sangat can't get food poisoning from that.  However I don't think anyone will argue that women on their period will cause unhygienic conditions in the kitchen (after all women DO know how to wash their hands and use hygiene products!). If they are not causing cleanliness issues when cooking, then there is no reason they can't sit on the tabiya. 

So obviously the issue is not cleanliness.  You say 'ritual cleanliness' which is just another colourful way to say purity.  Because we have already established it has nothing to do with actual cleanliness or hygiene.  The Gurus spoke against purity or ritual washing as a means to be holy: 

ਸੂਚੇ ਏਹਿ ਨ ਆਖੀਅਹਿ ਬਹਨਿ ਜਿ ਪਿੰਡਾ ਧੋਇ ॥

Sūcẖe ehi na ākẖī▫ahi bahan jė pindā ḏẖo▫e.

They are not called pure, who sit down after merely washing their bodies.

ਸੂਚੇ ਸੇਈ ਨਾਨਕਾ ਜਿਨ ਮਨਿ ਵਸਿਆ ਸੋਇ ॥੨॥

सूचे सेई नानका जिन मनि वसिआ सोइ ॥२॥

Sūcẖe se▫ī nānkā jin man vasi▫ā so▫e. ||2||

Only they are pure, O Nanak, within whose minds the Lord abides. ||2||

We can see from the above that purity in God's eyes has nothing to do with washing your body.  You can wash it a million times but unless your mind is pure you will still be covered in dirt.  

It was brought up before, a man can ejaculate from lust and take a bath and do seva of SGGSJ right away after? Even though he just did something which involved lust?  But a woman who has no lust on her mind at all but is menstruating because Waheguru gave her that function, can not?  Its obvious those who think so are putting MORE emphasis on physical washing than purity of mind. But Gurbani tells us that physical washing is not what is important, purity of the mind is. 

It's just like any other religion that restricts women because of periods. Men find it disgusting because they don't understand it, so they think it makes women unclean or impure and not worthy of seva or religious service.  These rules are coming from men and not God. 

Anyway regardless of what people's personal views are, there fact is, in Sikhi there is no formal restriction saying women can't do seva of SGGSJ while menstruating. This was straight from SGPC.  There is no restriction in Sikh Rehet Maryada either.  So leave it up to the Singhnis to decide if they feel up to it or not. 

Having SGGSJ at home is no different. SGGSJ is the same regardless of where the saropp is located.  

This is from a prominent site:

In

Sikhism, woman is given equal status to man and is regarded as pure as man is. The Gurus teach that one cannot be pure by washing his body but purity of mind is the real pureness. They are not called pure, who sit down after merely washing their bodies.[10] Guru Nānak, the founder of Sikhism, condemned the practice of treating women as impure while menstruating.

In Sikhism, the menstrual cycle is not considered a pollutant. Certainly, it can have a physical and physiological effect on the woman. Nonetheless, this is not considered a hindrance to her wanting to pray or accomplish her religious duties fully. The Guru makes it very clear that the menstrual cycle is a God-given process. The blood of a woman is required for the creation of any human being.[11] The requirement of the mother's blood is fundamental for life. Thus, the menstrual cycle is certainly an essential and God-given biological process. In other faiths blood is considered a pollutant. However, the Guru rejects such ideas. Those who are impure from within are the truly impure ones.[12]

Meditating on God's name is of importance. Whether one's clothes are blood-stained or not (including clothes stained from menstrual blood) is not of spiritual importance. Thus, there are no restrictions placed on a woman during her menstruation. She is free to visit a gurdwara, take part in prayers and do Seva. In The Feminine Principle in the Sikh: Vision of the Transcendent, Nikky Guninder Kaur-Singh writes: "The denigration of the female body 'expressed in many cultural and religious taboos surrounding menstruation and childbirth' is absent in the Sikh worldview. ...Guru Nanak openly chides those who attribute pollution to women because of menstruation."[13]

Obviously she is wrong, it's not absent, as this site proves. But it should be absent. It's absent in Gurbani and what the Gurus taught.  

On 24/03/2016 at 9:29 PM, Guest said:

The entire child's body is created from scratch built by the Mothers body using raw materials from the Mother's body.  The Mother gives the raw material, uses it to build the baby and also half the instructions. Additionally through epigenetics, the Mother's own body chooses which switches to turn on or off even in the DNA contributed by the Father.  Even more interesting is the fact that two females will soon be able to create life together because an egg can be made to act like a sperm. However two sperm can never create life. The key to life is in women. 

That's fine, no dispute but this:

On 24/03/2016 at 9:29 PM, Guest said:

Men only give instructions. Nothing more.  One single cell in a sperm. 

You can't discount it as minor. It is the spark from which infernos start, the tiny acorn from which huge towering oak trees grow. The fact is that neither you or me would be here without this single cell.

18 hours ago, CdnSikhGirl said:

well if i were a heavily mensurating woman i wouldnt do langar seva either, but i wouldnt say that to anyone else that they shouldn't.  its not about fear of food poisoning.  

anyone you always overlook the fact that they still smell like dry blood.  so using their own common sense, they should retire (i wouldn't suggest or force them too).  if i smelt like urine involuntarily, i too wouldnt ascend there.  this is what i mean by decorum.  no i do not mean 'purity'.  you don't need to put words in my mouth for the sake of your own 'rage'.

as for your comparison with the ejaculating male.  the ejaculation is over before the batha and afterwards.  the mensuration is ongoing.  again this is obvious.  though not that i am comparing menstual flood to ejaculatory fluid, the latter is sexual the former is not.  this unpleasant example just reflects your opportunistic desperation for excuses and reasons to hate men.  sorry to disappoing you but not everything is about 'oppressing women'.

you seemed prepped and primed to be on the rage against something all the time.  if SGGS says its fine, then why are you so upset???  you seem to enjoy this 'victem mentality'.

Women don't smell like dry blood if they actually practice hygiene! Maybe if they use external pads only.  Most women I know in modern world don't use these.  They were like diapers but nobody likes them anymore for that reason. Hygiene products have come a LONG way!  I posted here before a medical grade silicone product that a woman wears INSIDE that keeps any fluid inside for up to 12 hours.  Once she inserts it, and washes herself, there is absolutely NO reason for ANY smell!  I mean, there is no blood to cause any smell!  SO how can it?? Even tampons work inside and same thing, they won't cause any smell either until removed.  So today's products make it like she is not even menstruating!  We are WELL past the days where women shoved old rags in their pants to catch the blood.  I am sure that could cause hygiene issues but not the products of today.  

I dont hate men... why do you people think that trying to reverse men's hatred of women, means we hate men??? I mean unless we allow men to keep putting women down and placing restrictions on us, unless we keep enduring these limitations while shutting up and not saying anything, then it automatically becomes 'you hate men' this is ridiculous!  Its like a slave claiming they deserve freedom, and the slave master replying, you hate me.  Its not about YOU its NOT about men!  It's about women being limited COMPARED to men!  (before accusing women of hating men, please address your own hatred of women first! Ask yourself, if a woman is asking for EQUAL treatment and opportunity, how does that equal hatred of men, when men advocating for LESS rights and opportunities for women somehow does not equal hatred of women? Huge double standard! Check your own self first!) 

Guest Guest GORRA GUEST
On ‎24‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 9:12 PM, chatanga1 said:

Absolutely, but he does not menstruate.  The title refers to 'menstruation' and not to my father's 'seed.'. The rest of your remark is clearly uncouth. 

Guest guest
On 26/03/2016 at 3:52 PM, CdnSikhGirl said:

I dont hate men... why do you people think that trying to reverse men's hatred of women, means we hate men??? I mean unless we allow men to keep putting women down and placing restrictions on us, unless we keep enduring these limitations while shutting up and not saying anything, then it automatically becomes 'you hate men' this is ridiculous!  Its like a slave claiming they deserve freedom, and the slave master replying, you hate me.  Its not about YOU its NOT about men!  It's about women being limited COMPARED to men!  (before accusing women of hating men, please address your own hatred of women first! Ask yourself, if a woman is asking for EQUAL treatment and opportunity, how does that equal hatred of men, when men advocating for LESS rights and opportunities for women somehow does not equal hatred of women? Huge double standard! Check your own self first!) 

because, just like above, you are always trying to frame everything as 'oppresion of women', or that this is about 'putting women down' 'placing restrictions on us'.  whereas a woman on menopause wouldn't get this 'oppression', so how then is it about 'opression women'?  i think you know this.  the unpleasant examples you give about men just show your resentment.

hm yes, some men made up these rules because they hate women and want to opress them...seriously?

on a more general/philsophical basis, why do you think women should compare themselves to men?  do you think men always compare themselves to women?

3 hours ago, Guest guest said:

do you think men always compare themselves to women?

No we usually think we are superior so we dont need to.

There is nothing in Sikhi by the way that says they can not do seva while menstruating. And anyone who thinks its gross is only dealing with their own issues.  Modern products are way different than what was available a long time ago. They are just as clean as anyone else. 

Guest Gora are you male or female? (Gora means male version of the word) anyway there is nothing stopping women from doing seva. Just make sure you take care of your hygiene and there is nothing wrong. Don't worry the women I know do not stink while on their periods, don't listen to this guest guy above. Just use common sense and protection to avoid embarrassment. Nobody will know anyway unless you tell them.)

I was speaking with someone on this topic recently, and we came up with a solution that would be equitable.  If sampradas insist on restricting Singhnis from seva of guru granth sahib ji for several days a month, then a mandatory restriction should also be placed on all Singhs for several days each month as well (symbolically). They can take their days at any time, but for those days they can not do seva of SGGSJ out of respect for women and the days must be consecutive. This would include ALL males in younger age bracket as you want to impose this restriction on all females of childbearing years. That would create fairness. Then both males and females both would be restricted for several days each month. If you can't stand the thought of that idea (or feel like it is discrimination) then please leave the women alone, you have no right to talk. They know how to take care of their hygiene issues especially in modern times and are no more "dirty" than you are.