Gurbilas Patshahi Chhevin

chatanga1

• 2 months later...
On 3/25/2016 at 3:06 PM, amardeep said:

According to Pyara Singh Padam this Bhagat Singh was the student of Kavi Dharam Singh who was a court poet of Guru Gobind Singh. And the whole Gurbilas Patshahi Chevi Granth is a book written on the basis of the katha sermons that Bhagat SIngh heard at Nankana Sahib from Bhai Mani Singh.

I've read very little from this book but I remember that I found the poetry quite beautiful. And it starts with Ik Oankaar Satgur prasaad which is quite interesting as it might indicate that it was written before Vahiguru ji ki fateh had become the standardized manglacharan.

On 3/28/2016 at 4:00 AM, chatanga1 said:

Kam, it's good to see you back bro.

The one I have says the author is Gyani Gyan Singh.

kala afghanas crew were putting, in their usual style, a perverse slant on some events of GP6. In my copy refered to above, there is a sakhi of Mata Kaula, where her life is at danger and Guru personally goes to rescue her from the Qazi's house and brings her to safety on his horse. kala afghanas crew portrayed this as Guru Ji eloping with the Qazi's daughter and therefore put a whole dark cloud over the story in GP6.

I was listening to an interview by the one of the sangh sabha international and he mentioned this, and how they successfully raised such a fuss in the media over it that vedanti backed down.

I think there are like around a dozen Granths that are by the name of Gurbilas Patshahi Chevin and Gurbilas Patshahi Dasvin, each probably from a different author.

On 28/08/2016 at 0:35 AM, Kuttabanda2 said:

I think there are like around a dozen Granths that are by the name of Gurbilas Patshahi Chevin and Gurbilas Patshahi Dasvin, each probably from a different author.

Yes I have been confused myself. i though there was only one and went to a bookstore in india and asked for it. It was only when i got back to UK i realised that there are more!

Which other authors have you come across ?

• 2 weeks later...
On September 1, 2016 at 8:05 AM, chatanga1 said:

Yes I have been confused myself. i though there was only one and went to a bookstore in india and asked for it. It was only when i got back to UK i realised that there are more!

Which other authors have you come across ?

We've all come across Kuir Singh's and Sukha Singh's the two most well known in regards to Patshahi Dasvin. As they are published and printed now.

Some Individuals, libraries and Universities have manuscripts that have the title 'Gurbilas Patshahi Dasvin' or 'Gurbilas Patshahi Chevin' and are entirely different, not even a drop of similarity.  I saw one which wasn't even in poetry, but Prose. Another that seemed to name an author called 'Gurbaksh'. They're several separate works from different authors that just bear the same name, like the Janamsakhis, you'll find numerous manuscripts that are just simply titled 'JanamSakhi Baba Nanak' or along those lines, and I think the Gurbilas Granths have a similar story. It seems they haven't  been noticed by any Scholar or Researcher.

16 hours ago, Kuttabanda2 said:

We've all come across Kuir Singh's and Sukha Singh's the two most well known in regards to Patshahi Dasvin. As they are published and printed now.

Some Individuals, libraries and Universities have manuscripts that have the title 'Gurbilas Patshahi Dasvin' or 'Gurbilas Patshahi Chevin' and are entirely different, not even a drop of similarity.  I saw one which wasn't even in poetry, but Prose. Another that seemed to name an author called 'Gurbaksh'. They're several separate works from different authors that just bear the same name, like the Janamsakhis, you'll find numerous manuscripts that are just simply titled 'JanamSakhi Baba Nanak' or along those lines, and I think the Gurbilas Granths have a similar story. It seems they haven't  been noticed by any Scholar or Researcher.

Very interesting

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

Great. Going to try and get in touch with some people there, who may be able to reveal more.

GNDU Is possible, Patiala is a maybe, since the Hindu Board there attempted to actually destroy a lot of historical material, so I'm expecting them to be fishy, but that can't be confirmed until I try. 

i'm looking forward to buying a scanner and scanning+digitizing Puraatan manuscripts. 

Edited by Kuttabanda2
Errors

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
On 3/25/2016 at 8:22 PM, chatanga1 said:

"the scribe clearly laid down at one place that he supplemented the data given by the author with his own notes in order to provide continuity to the events mentioned by the author itself. In this connection the scribe mentioned the name of Maharaja Ranjit Singh and his firman or the order of the demolition of Sarai Nur." (pg 3).

thumbnail.thumb.jpg.98a1530a9ecfb1ca2b82111d573691a3.jpg

• 2 years later...

Found this disturbing thing about so called gurbilas patshahi 6, it is by kala Afghana  but it would be appreciated if anyone could evaluate his claims who have read gurbilas patshahi 6. Had read about it a bit before but it came up again as joginder Vedanti died just recently.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=332039500228623&id=331693810263192&locale2=es_LA&ref=page_internal

Also analysis of gurbilas patshahi 6 by kala afghana(punjabi, i have not read it yet):

To prove his point S. KalaAfghana has extensively quoted from Jathedar Vedanti Jee’s book. Given below is a small sample of the episodes as blasphemous examples from this book,
1)…Pregnancy of Mata Ganga Jee: In Jathedar Vedanti Jee’s book, Mata Ganga Jee, (mother of Guru Hargobind Sahib Jee) is shown to have gotten pregnant by some super-unnatural force called the "Pawan Devta (Air god)." This subtly implies that Sahibzada Hargobind was not the son of our Fifth Guru, Guru Arjan Sahib Jee. (Ref: Kundlian 145, Chapter 1)
2)…Poisoning of Sahibzada Hargobind: According to Vedanti Jee’s book, a Brahmin (at the behest of Prithi Chand), tries to feed Poison-laden Yogurt to Sahibzada Hargobind, that Sahibzada refuses to eat and raises an alarm. Hearing the commotion Guru Arjun Patshah calls everyone to his presence and then tries to feed that Yogurt to his dog. The dog refuses to oblige the Guru saying that he (the speaking dog?) does not want to get separated from the Guru and go to some yonder place. The Guru consoles the dog saying that he (the dog) should not worry, because the Guru will be going to the same place too. Implying that the Guru of the Sikhs was headed to the same place where the dogs go.
3)…Abduction of Bibi Kaulan: In this episode according to Vedanti Jee, Prince Shah Jahan snatches away a Russian-Horse from the Sikh Sangat. This particular horse was meant for Guru Hargobind Sahib. The horse, because of this disheartening incident stops eating and becomes a sort of useless. The Prince finding no use for the sick horse, hands the horse over to Kazi Rustam Khan. From whom in turn, the Guru deals to buy the horse for Rs.20,000. While dealing about the horse the Guru happens to get a glimpse of the Kazi’s very beautiful, 16-year-old daughter, Bibi Kaulan. To whom, according to the writers (Jathedar Vedanti Jee), the Guru says "seeing your beauty, the Sangat’s mind goes astray while singing God’s praises. Therefore, you should keep your door closed." ……..Next, according to this blasphemous episode, Kazi comes to the Guru to get his money, but is asked to wait a few days. Which, the Kazi does. ….After the agreed wait, the Kazi shows up at the Guru’s house again, but is requested to wait a few more days. Upon this, the Kazi gets mad and warns the Guru in the derogatory language that "if the money is not given to him politely, then he, the Kazi knows how to extract it as a Jawaa-ee (son-in-law)". ….. the Guru responded to this derogatory language saying, "Wait a few days and see who becomes a Jawaa-ee." (Ref: Chapter 8, Chaupai 990) ……Next, to prove his point the Guru abducts Bibi Kaulan etc. etc.
4)…Tamasha of Guru Hargobind Jee’s Progeny: In Vedanti Jee’s "Gur Bilas Patshahi 6" firstly, Guru Hargobind Sahib is portrayed as being born as a Chatarbhuj (a Four armed reincarnation of a Hindu god, Vishnu). Then, his wives are shown getting pregnant with the anti-nature, and anti-Sikh Philosophy principles of sucking of some Papers bestowed with some Brahamnical Mantras resulting into the following Tamasha.
a)…From the first pregnancy, Guru Nanak Sahib Jee is shown being reincarnated as the first child of Guru Hargobind Sahib. The child being Guru Nanak Sahib, is portrayed getting born, complete with a "white beard, a Seli, and a Topee on his head." Then is played a cruel joke on this blasphemous proposition saying that the females in the room pulled their veils to the white bearded baby. This is the child who is said to have been named Baba Gurdita.
b)…Next, with the same nonsensical process the writer shows Bibi Veero Jee getting born as a re-incarnation of the Hindu goddess, Chandika.
c)…Next, once again, on the same lines Mata Marwahi Jee is shown getting pregnant with the sucking of a similar piece of paper, resulting into the birth of Suraj Devta (Sun). The child is named Suraj Mal. Please note, the similarity between this episode and the birth of Suraj Devta (in the Hindu epic of Mahabharat) as Karan from the womb of Kunti.
d)….Next, on the same lines Guru Nanak Sahib, is made to get born once again complete with "white beard, a Seli, and a Topee on the head." And, once again the cruel joke of the females in the room pulling their veils to the white bearded baby is repeated. This child of Guru Hargobind Sahib is named Baba Anhee Rai.
e)…Finally is the birth of Sahibzada Teg Bahadur Jee.
5)…Guru Hargobind Jee’s non-completion of Sukhmani Sahib: After the birth of the fifth child Bibi Kaulan is shown by the authors to realize that she does not have any child. Thinking that the Guru has ignored her, because she is a Turkani (Muslim), she gets depressed and stops maintaining her make-ups, and wearing of expensive clothes. According to the authors "Birhaan Tapat Kaulan Bhay-ee, Rahi Na Deh Sambhar (Kaulan, burnt with the agony of separation, stopped maintaining even her body.)" ……With the telepathic projection of Bibi Kaulan’s deep feelings of depression, Guru Hargobind Sahib Jee is shown to feel uncomfortable while doing Sukhmani Sahib at Sri Akal Takhat Sahib. The level of uncomfort is shown to get so high that the Guru leaves the Takhat for Bibi Kaulan’s residence, without completing the Sukhmani Sahib. Etc. etc.
and the list of such admin cut and bull stories goes on and on and on. And thus, this is the “admin cut and Bull” of “Bipran Kee Reet” that Bhai Vedanti Jee along with all the above listed “who is who” of the Sikh leadership wanted the Sikhs to embrace; and S. Kala Afghana single-handedly exposed and challenged them all. Now knowing the criminal mental buildup of the present day Sikh leadership, nobody could or should expect such a huge challenge to go unanswered; as a result S. Kala Afghana to escape punishment for such an infringement is dangerous for the establishment and that is what has resulted in his ex-communication. Thus was executed a “Sach Noo Fansee” by the so-called high-priests (the Mullas of the Sikhs) in the name of Akal Takhat, disgracing the sacred Sikh institution and demolishing it to the ground while the Sikh leadership watched in silence letting the Akal Takhat fall.

gurbilas6-analysis_compress.pdf

14 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

If you haven't read it all, why are you so eager to discuss it or to spread kala afghanas thoughts here? Wouldn't it be better if you read it yourself and then presented yours or afghanas thoughts?

And if you are going to present these views then at least tell what page they are written on so others can see if there is any truth/falseness in afghanas writings.

If i knew what pages they were i woudn't have asked. Lots of people seemed to have read it on this thread so it would be easier to ask someone then to waste time reading just to find out it is anti-gurmat / contains anti sikh things.  Il look through his analysis and see. Im not supporting his views im just enquiring since this publication had raised lots of controversy.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, chatanga1 said:

WJKK WJKF to all!

Its been a long time since I visited or commented, as I rarely have anything new to comment lol.

But I found this katha of Sri Gur Bilas Patshahi Chhevin on Soundcloud:

https://on.soundcloud.com/dSKJP

I've listened to the first part so far, and its really good.

Was just thinking of you bro. 

2 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

WJKK WJKF to all!

Its been a long time since I visited or commented, as I rarely have anything new to comment lol.

But I found this katha of Sri Gur Bilas Patshahi Chhevin on Soundcloud:

https://on.soundcloud.com/dSKJP

I've listened to the first part so far, and its really good.

Glad to have you back veer ji

• 6 months later...
On 4/9/2016 at 5:15 PM, chatanga1 said:

Here is a screen shot of the opening part to the sakhi of Mata Kaulan. I have addressed Kaulan as "Mata Kaulan" as this is how she is addressed in GP6. The nindaks from the sangh sabha international have stated that only the Mahals of the Guru's were addressed as Mata? Anyone shed any further light on this?

Here's the screen shot for everyone to read:

Slide1.JPG

If anybody is interested this is a link to the katha to our group effort on translation of these passages: