Amrit Sanchar

paapiman

Sangat jee - There will be an Amrit Sanchar conducted at Nanaksar Gurudwara in Brampton, Ontario on April.17, 2016 (Sunday). This Gurughar follows Srimaan Baba Gurdev Singh jee, who used to be part of Panj Pyaray, during the times of Srimaan Sant Baba Ishar Singh jee Kaleranwale.

Those who are interested in taking Amrit, please call Bhai Kashmir Singh jee at 647-761-8600.

If anyone living in GTA (Greater Toronto Area) or nearby, needs a ride please let me know. Gurparsaad, Daas can try arranging something. Any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Bhul chuk maaf

Below is from Bhai Desa Singh Rehatnama:

The Rahit

One recognizes Singhs by their obedience to the Rahit. He who takes initiation insincerely and violates the Rahit, earns for himself an evil karam. How can anyone who flouts the Rahit earn a good reputation merely by maintaining his kes? This splendid Rahit deserves the highest praise. Anything opposed to it is contrary to the Rahit (kurahit). The Rahit is the religious duty of the Singh and without it none can be regarded as a Singh. Without the Rahit there is no access to truth and none can be accounted virtuous. Without the Rahit one wanders lost in the world, is punished in the divine court, goes to hell, is treated as atanakhahia, is a demon, and knows no happiness. Therefore hold fast to the Rahit. [75–6, 82–9, 121]

Unquote [1]

[1] - https://www.allaboutsikhs.com/sikh-rehat-maryada/desa-singh-rahit-nama

Bhul chuk maaf

I have been preparing for the Amrit for almost two years now.  I have learned the Punjabi alphabets and say my prayers regularly.  I would just like to ask a very basic question and that is, when does one know for sure that they are ready to go through with it?  Does a person wait for some supernatural experience which tells her/him they are ready?  I am not sure. 

19 hours ago, funny said:

I have been preparing for the Amrit for almost two years now.  I have learned the Punjabi alphabets and say my prayers regularly.  I would just like to ask a very basic question and that is, when does one know for sure that they are ready to go through with it?  Does a person wait for some supernatural experience which tells her/him they are ready?  I am not sure. 

Funny jee - Being born in a Sikh family (if you were) is the biggest indicator that your body is all ready for Khanday da Amrit. It is not easy to acquire birth in a Sikh family. Mostly, people who have accumulated enough merits in their lives, get this chance. You do not need to wait for a supernatural experience. Taking Amrit is an elementary step in Sikhism. If you are thinking about joining a Samprada/Jatha on a full time basis, then you need to think deeply before taking that step. 

Even if you cannot read Gurmukhi, you can still take Amrit. You can listen to Nitnem, instead of reciting it. Most likely, you know about the 4 cardinal sins.

Daas would humbly request you to take Amrit asap.

Bhul chuk maaf

• 6 months later...
1 minute ago, Soulfinder said:

@paapiman veer ji here is a good katha track based on the rehit of panj pyares and why it is important to get kamai wale gursikhs to do panj pyare sewa.

A really good track with info on the jyot blue light from Guru Granth Sahib Ji when the panj are present if they are accepted and other points.

Here is the mp4 just in case it gets taken off youtube