Issue I'm having during Prayers, please help

Guest Lost_In_The_Flames

@Kira - Have you talked to a Psychologist/Psychiatrist about this problem? Maybe they can help you out. Are you a male or a female? You don't have to answer this question, if you don't want to.

Please make sure that you rule out all sorts of medical issues, before thinking of it as a spiritual experience.

Can someone please confirm the sakhi below or provide an audio reference for it?

When Mata Sita jee (wife of Sri Ram Chandar jee) was kept in a palace (which had gold in it), the gold started to melt away, due to the heat being generated from her body. Mata jee was very powerful as she was a Sati. Ravan then had to move her to some other place.

Bhul chuk maaf

12 hours ago, paapiman said:

@Kira - Have you talked to a Psychologist/Psychiatrist about this problem? Maybe they can help you out. Are you a male or a female? You don't have to answer this question, if you don't want to.

Please make sure that you rule out all sorts of medical issues, before thinking of it as a spiritual experience.

Can someone please confirm the sakhi below or provide an audio reference for it?

When Mata Sita jee (wife of Sri Ram Chandar jee) was kept in a palace (which had gold in it), the gold started to melt away, due to the heat being generated from her body. Mata jee was very powerful as she was a Sati. Ravan then had to move her to some other place.

Bhul chuk maaf

I'm male, I've not taken Amrit yet and I have spoken now to my GP about it, he assures me I am 100% healthy. 

In terms of psychology I am totally sane. No health problems really. Like I said Bhaji, I have exhausted all others routes so I am coming on here to ask. 

Man, I hate getting all hot and sweaty.....no matter what the circs. I feel for you Kira. 

Plus, I thought you was a girl when I met you on SS. Glad that is cleared up!  lol (I'm dally on there btw).

9 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

Man, I hate getting all hot and sweaty.....no matter what the circs. I feel for you Kira. 

Plus, I thought you was a girl when I met you on SS. Glad that is cleared up!  lol (I'm dally on there btw).

I figured as much judging from the signature, iv been stalking this forum for quite a while.  Nice to meet you :)

Yeah I don't like this feeling but it seems to have subsided, I just feel tingly and slightly warm now.A warmth was spreading from my spine around my body now, I did consult my other friend (highly spiritual person who knows far more than I can ever hope about these matters) and he said it sounds like a spiritual awakening to him. He asked me to take it as carefully as possible now but obviously If it is a good thing I scarcely want to slow down. 

Yeah I don't get why people think I'm a girl over there? like is it from how I type? do people want me to start swearing, playing some 'bhangra beats' and going BRUGHHHHH  all the time. lol

11 minutes ago, Kira said:

I figured as much judging from the signature, iv been stalking this forum for quite a while.  Nice to meet you :)

Yeah I don't like this feeling but it seems to have subsided, I just feel tingly and slightly warm now.A warmth was spreading from my spine around my body now, I did consult my other friend (highly spiritual person who knows far more than I can ever hope about these matters) and he said it sounds like a spiritual awakening to him. He asked me to take it as carefully as possible now but obviously If it is a good thing I scarcely want to slow down. 

Nice to meet you too! : )

It's strange but I alway associate cooling down with my simran? I thought it was because my breathing slows down so much, compared to normal???

Yeah I don't get why people think I'm a girl over there? like is it from how I type? do people want me to start swearing, playing some 'bhangra beats' and going BRUGHHHHH  all the time. lol

lol! I think it may be because of some of the images you put up as your avataar? I remember one,  which looked like a really cutesy oriental girl - which turned out to be a bloke.......hee hee

Be forewarned, this forum can be a rough and tough one at times - don't get shocked by the robust talk and swearing that takes place occasionally. We champion more freedom here than most other forums can handle! lol

On 5/15/2016 at 8:50 PM, Kira said:

I'm male, I've not taken Amrit yet and I have spoken now to my GP about it, he assures me I am 100% healthy. 

Bro, Daas would humbly request you to consume Khanday da Amrit asap.

It is possible that your body might not be able to handle a lot of Naam Simran, without the implantation of Naam by Panj Pyaray.

Please listen to Gyani Kulwant Singh jee for more details.

Please start listening after 00:49:00 min:

http://gianikulwantsingh.com/audio/SGGS-02/0020_Katha-SGGS_%2800343-Gauri_Thiti.5%2C_Choutheh_Chanchal_Man_Ka_Gahaho%29.mp3

Bhul chuk maaf

On 5/15/2016 at 8:50 PM, Kira said:

Naam Simran does produce Khuskee (Dryness) in the body. Won't be surprised if it produces excessive heat too. You can also try talking to Yogis/Yoga instructors about it.

Bhul chuk maaf

17 hours ago, paapiman said:

Bro, Daas would humbly request you to consume Khanday da Amrit asap.

It is possible that your body might not be able to handle a lot of Naam Simran, without the implantation of Naam by Panj Pyaray.

Please listen to Gyani Kulwant Singh jee for more details.

Please start listening after 00:49:00 min:

http://gianikulwantsingh.com/audio/SGGS-02/0020_Katha-SGGS_%2800343-Gauri_Thiti.5%2C_Choutheh_Chanchal_Man_Ka_Gahaho%29.mp3

Bhul chuk maaf

It could be but it seems to have subsided now, I don't feel anything anymore. So either I've become spiritually dull again or my body has accustomed. As for the consumption of Amrit, im afraid I'm not ready for such a monumental change in my life. I'm almost certain in my present state keeping to the strict rehit isn't something I could manage totally well. I do intend to take it as soon as I can though.

23 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

Nice to meet you too! : )

It's strange but I alway associate cooling down with my simran? I thought it was because my breathing slows down so much, compared to normal???

lol! I think it may be because of some of the images you put up as your avataar? I remember one,  which looked like a really cutesy oriental girl - which turned out to be a bloke.......hee hee

Be forewarned, this forum can be a rough and tough one at times - don't get shocked by the robust talk and swearing that takes place occasionally. We champion more freedom here than most other forums can handle! lol

It might be, I just uped my Sukhmani Sahib Jaap and it seems to have worked, im back to normal now. I think it probably affects everyone differently. 

I don't mind swearing, robust talk lol. I don't get offend, its just words and honestly I dislike self-righteous people who scold others while indulging in them themselves. Nice to see the forum has such an open policy lol

15 hours ago, Kira said:

As for the consumption of Amrit, im afraid I'm not ready for such a monumental change in my life. I'm almost certain in my present state keeping to the strict rehit isn't something I could manage totally well. I do intend to take it as soon as I can though.

Bro, consumption of Amrit is not a humongous task, especially for someone like you, who is already doing plenty of Naam Simran. Are you addicted to any intoxicant? If not, then you should have no problem. Nitnem takes approximately 1.5 hr, which can be done easily.

Remember, as long as you don't commit any one of the cardinal sins (mentioned below), you will not become an outcast (Patit). Any other infractions can be easily forgiven by Sri Satguru jee.

4 cardinal sins (Nihang Maryada):

Hukka – Consumption of tobacco in any form

Hajamat – Killing hair (by any means) from any part of the body

Halalo – Consumption of halal meat in any form

Haraam – Any form of sexual activity, outside of marriage

Bhul chuk maaf

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/05/2016 at 3:13 PM, paapiman said:

Bro, consumption of Amrit is not a humongous task, especially for someone like you, who is already doing plenty of Naam Simran. Are you addicted to any intoxicant? If not, then you should have no problem. Nitnem takes approximately 1.5 hr, which can be done easily.

Remember, as long as you don't commit any one of the cardinal sins (mentioned below), you will not become an outcast (Patit). Any other infractions can be easily forgiven by Sri Satguru jee.

4 cardinal sins (Nihang Maryada):

Hukka – Consumption of tobacco in any form

Hajamat – Killing hair (by any means) from any part of the body

Halalo – Consumption of halal meat in any form

Haraam – Any form of sexual activity, outside of marriage

Bhul chuk maaf

I'm well aware of how Amrit Sanchar is done, but I'm not worthy of offering myself to Guru Sahib. I have so much inner strife it's rather hard.

I'm still having them but less frequently. New Symptoms have surfaced though if anyone in the sangat can assist.

I briefly suffered from constipation, it cleared up really fast. I've never ever been constipated before, infact the last time it happened was when I was 7, I'm 19 right now. I go through mood swings which are well unorthodox for me. Super happy to Super angry too, I don't even mean small changes, When im angry I feel so much anger it's burning and I actually feel dizzy. I've never felt like this and I have kept myself restrained from such emotions as best as I can. 

I started reciting Chandi Di Vaar as well in my spare time. rather than becoming super alert and full of Bir Rass, I feel drowsy. Even when reciting my Sukhmani Sahib recently I feel super drowsy. Happened before but this time it is so intense I genuinely do feel like collapsing, To describe it would be like when you are so tired and overworked, you lie down in bed and instantly you feel sleepy and pass out. Should I rise to go do other things I feel back to normal. I am sleeping enough before someone asks.

31 minutes ago, BhagatSingh said:

The symptoms you are describing could be the result of your diet. You wana be careful of what you eat. Write down what you eat and keep a journal.

My diet is pretty healthy though, My friend had a look at it and it's pretty normal, I've kept the same diet for many years and its never happened before but dunno.

15 minutes ago, Kira said:

My diet is pretty healthy though, My friend had a look at it and it's pretty normal, I've kept the same diet for many years and its never happened before but dunno.

It's a hypothesis but it could be that you are experiencing the three gunas at high levels. If everything else is constant, diet, sleep, exercise, health, etc then you might be experiencing some kind of Rajas and Tamas states.

First you may have been experiencing Rajas, when you felt hot. Now you are experiencing Tamas, when you feel extremely lazy.

PS did you read this post?

2 minutes ago, BhagatSingh said:

It's a hypothesis but it could be that you are experiencing the three gunas at high levels. If everything else is constant, diet, sleep, exercise, health, etc then you might be experiencing some kind of Rajas and Tamas states.

First you may have been experiencing Rajas, when you felt hot. Now you are experiencing Tamas, when you feel extremely lazy.

PS did you read this post?

Yeah I did, but in terms of my community I tend to keep away from them, they aren't bad people but I usually avoid large crowds as I find them irritatingly distracting. I'm just curious to see if anyone else has experienced these before hence why I asked here, I may be able to consult a GurSikh if I can get in touch with him and see what he says but until then...

Hence why I came here, the Sangat here is far more wise than I so I was hoping someone might shed some light on it.

3 hours ago, Kira said:

I started reciting Chandi Di Vaar as well in my spare time. rather than becoming super alert and full of Bir Rass, I feel drowsy. Even when reciting my Sukhmani Sahib recently I feel super drowsy. Happened before but this time it is so intense I genuinely do feel like collapsing, To describe it would be like when you are so tired and overworked, you lie down in bed and instantly you feel sleepy and pass out. Should I rise to go do other things I feel back to normal. I am sleeping enough before someone asks.

Daas heard in a katha that some people sleep a lot, while they are on their spiritual path. The reason being that their mind is becoming calm by meditation, which results in drowsiness.

On the other hand, at some stage, sleep becomes minimal. Also, people (at such a stage) sleep in intervals, rather than in one go. 

If references are found, Gurparsaad will post them. 

Bhul chuk maaf

Daas heard in a katha that some people sleep a lot, while they are on their spiritual path. The reason being that their mind is becoming calm by meditation, which results in drowsiness.

^ Could be. Kumbhakarna comes to mind.

Remember any time something is happening to you. Consider it Hari's Hukam and just go with the flow.

So feel the drowsiness, feel those feelings while you read the bani. Expand your awareness into things that are happening to you.

Expand your awareness into the drowsiness.

30 minutes ago, Kira said:

Yeah I did, but in terms of my community I tend to keep away from them, they aren't bad people but I usually avoid large crowds as I find them irritatingly distracting. I'm just curious to see if anyone else has experienced these before hence why I asked here, I may be able to consult a GurSikh if I can get in touch with him and see what he says but until then...

Hence why I came here, the Sangat here is far more wise than I so I was hoping someone might shed some light on it.

I am not talking about finding a sangat. I am talking about finding a Guru.

Meet the guru in-person and they will work with you on your individual case.

E.g. the way Guru Shin Zen Young works with his Sikh Stephanie Nash in the video below.