dalsingh101

Should we be proud of the British empire (BBC program with Basics of Sikhi Jagraj)

10 posts in this topic

BIG QUESTIONS:

In case anyone hasn't seen it already. Very interesting. Notice the crusty ole fart  uncle with his outdated, 'gorayaan da ghulaam' mentality in contrast to the new generations rising consciousness regarding their history.

Ragmaala and Akali_Akal_Singh like this

I actually watched it sunday night. The two things that got me going was, first that trim singh or tied beard (same thing) acting like a fu'kin b1tch to the gora mentality and the f'in sullah at the end saying the mughal was civilised ( at this point jugraj singh shaked his head, fair play..).. This mentality needs to stop.. ive noticed it with the elders, the trim singhs and the singhs who tie their beards tend to be more gora fied, or lets be nice sikhs in line with pleasing the white man..serious man.. these mans making the community puppu white man subservients..

One sentence summed it all for me by that Indian lady. Exploitation of a man by another man wrong, that is absolute truth. Pretty much all the empires did that in past.

And great points by Bhai Jagraj Singh. It is great to see that kharku/freedom fighter mentality.

The Sudanese guy had no clue what he was talking about. It was cringeworthy to watch.

15 hours ago, samurai said:

I actually watched it sunday night. The two things that got me going was, first that trim singh or tied beard (same thing) acting like a fu'kin b1tch to the gora mentality and the f'in sullah at the end saying the mughal was civilised ( at this point jugraj singh shaked his head, fair play..).. This mentality needs to stop.. ive noticed it with the elders, the trim singhs and the singhs who tie their beards tend to be more gora fied, or lets be nice sikhs in line with pleasing the white man..serious man.. these mans making the community puppu white man subservients..

It is urban khatri , arora sikhs that tie their beards , rural jatt sikhs on the other hand cut the beard or become Monay or keep their dara khulaa , this is cultural difference and not mentality issue

ok you are right, but sikhs with the 'please the gora mentality' tend to be the older boys and a common pattern being pagh and trim or tied dhari in uk like a unwritten uniform rule. This is my observation, and the majority if not all are jatts and thurkhans..Like that fella in the video, if i saw him on the street i would kinda of guess he has the attitude he displays on the programme. An the audacity to refer to jagraj as 'mr singh' says it all.  Just to add  there are moneh with the same attitude but they are not really seen as representing sikhi as they do not have a 'crown' on their head..

i always knew this but working in the city i see it all the time, i feel the difference between the old boys and the younger lot is this, the old boys tend to seek approval from the white man where as the younger lot just try being like the white man. When i say be like the white man i mean mentally..habits/speech/manners/desires/world view an so on..

@Ragmaala..bro you still on the training flex or gone back to 10 pranteh??

.bro you still on the training flex or gone back to 10 pranteh??

Hee hee hee........

5 hours ago, samurai said:

.bro you still on the training flex or gone back to 10 pranteh??

haha  thank God not that crazy now. No more than 2-3 rotis/day .  I dont think I will ever go back to days of 6 rotis/ day even if I wanted to. Training can be better. People said my arms got skinnier but thats because I lost the fat there & starting to see some definition & more blue veins. My left wrist was hurting so just giving training a rest for this week.

Although there are days when it seems that you are not progressing or losing strength but in the long term you are always making progress if you keep at it. So just following this motto of being at it.

samurai and dalsingh101 like this

Good stuff man.. keep at it..get some wrist wraps esp if you are trying to lift max weight..

I can't believe the video got taken off, would have loved to have shared it or watched it again.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor