Should we be proud of the British empire (BBC program with Basics of Sikhi Jagraj)

BIG QUESTIONS:

In case anyone hasn't seen it already. Very interesting. Notice the crusty ole fart  uncle with his outdated, 'gorayaan da ghulaam' mentality in contrast to the new generations rising consciousness regarding their history.

I actually watched it sunday night. The two things that got me going was, first that trim singh or tied beard (same thing) acting like a fu'kin b1tch to the gora mentality and the f'in sullah at the end saying the mughal was civilised ( at this point jugraj singh shaked his head, fair play..).. This mentality needs to stop.. ive noticed it with the elders, the trim singhs and the singhs who tie their beards tend to be more gora fied, or lets be nice sikhs in line with pleasing the white man..serious man.. these mans making the community puppu white man subservients..

One sentence summed it all for me by that Indian lady. Exploitation of a man by another man wrong, that is absolute truth. Pretty much all the empires did that in past.

And great points by Bhai Jagraj Singh. It is great to see that kharku/freedom fighter mentality.

The Sudanese guy had no clue what he was talking about. It was cringeworthy to watch.

15 hours ago, samurai said:

I actually watched it sunday night. The two things that got me going was, first that trim singh or tied beard (same thing) acting like a fu'kin b1tch to the gora mentality and the f'in sullah at the end saying the mughal was civilised ( at this point jugraj singh shaked his head, fair play..).. This mentality needs to stop.. ive noticed it with the elders, the trim singhs and the singhs who tie their beards tend to be more gora fied, or lets be nice sikhs in line with pleasing the white man..serious man.. these mans making the community puppu white man subservients..

It is urban khatri , arora sikhs that tie their beards , rural jatt sikhs on the other hand cut the beard or become Monay or keep their dara khulaa , this is cultural difference and not mentality issue

ok you are right, but sikhs with the 'please the gora mentality' tend to be the older boys and a common pattern being pagh and trim or tied dhari in uk like a unwritten uniform rule. This is my observation, and the majority if not all are jatts and thurkhans..Like that fella in the video, if i saw him on the street i would kinda of guess he has the attitude he displays on the programme. An the audacity to refer to jagraj as 'mr singh' says it all.  Just to add  there are moneh with the same attitude but they are not really seen as representing sikhi as they do not have a 'crown' on their head..

i always knew this but working in the city i see it all the time, i feel the difference between the old boys and the younger lot is this, the old boys tend to seek approval from the white man where as the younger lot just try being like the white man. When i say be like the white man i mean mentally..habits/speech/manners/desires/world view an so on..

@Ragmaala..bro you still on the training flex or gone back to 10 pranteh??

.bro you still on the training flex or gone back to 10 pranteh??

Hee hee hee........

5 hours ago, samurai said:

.bro you still on the training flex or gone back to 10 pranteh??

haha  thank God not that crazy now. No more than 2-3 rotis/day .  I dont think I will ever go back to days of 6 rotis/ day even if I wanted to. Training can be better. People said my arms got skinnier but thats because I lost the fat there & starting to see some definition & more blue veins. My left wrist was hurting so just giving training a rest for this week.

Although there are days when it seems that you are not progressing or losing strength but in the long term you are always making progress if you keep at it. So just following this motto of being at it.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest gurukasewak
On 5/14/2018 at 10:19 PM, dalsingh101 said:

And my question is, what did he say which was worth hearing or even highly ORIGINAL, for laughing out loud. I have not come across one single SIKH MAN OR WOMAN who has ever uttered anything which will inspire apart from the PURATAN sikhs who had embraced Gurus’ teachings through and through! So, stop giving credit where it doesn’t belong. Foolish bhet chaal bandhars.  

Watch this video bandro and LEARN something from Bhai Gursant Singh Ji. 

1 hour ago, Guest gurukasewak said:

And my question is, what did he say which was worth hearing or even highly ORIGINAL, for laughing out loud. I have not come across one single SIKH MAN OR WOMAN who has ever uttered anything which will inspire apart from the PURATAN sikhs who had embraced Gurus’ teachings through and through! So, stop giving credit where it doesn’t belong. Foolish bhet chaal bandhars.  

Watch this video bandro and LEARN something from Bhai Gursant Singh Ji. 

Who the f**k are you?

Jagraj was saying what needed to be said in the UK at least (if not globally).

I do agree that the current generation are pretty uninspiring. But the levels of psychological sycophancy that hordes of (mainly but not solely ruralite) Sikhs have normalised for anglos in the community (who keep continuing to shaft them, or keep them subordinate) is sickening. Jagraj tried his hardest to combat that - and I will always respect that.  

You know what, maybe you are right? Maybe it's just that things have fallen to such a low, that what Jagraj did appears to be phenomenal in the face of rampant ar5e-licking towards others from our community. He showed some independent thought and analysis - which we rarely see or hear these days. Everyone seems to be trying to crawl up some other communities ar5e like insecure b1tches. 

No one man will be the be all and end all for our community (despite the weird tendency of many pendu apnay to worship the next even slightly charismatic personality to come along), but Jagraj said what needed to be said. I salute that. Otherwise we'd just have the tired old, docile, dimwitted sycophant Sikh representation as given by that old c**t in the program. 

Guest gurukasewak
13 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

Who the f**k are you?

Jagraj was saying what needed to be said in the UK at least (if not globally).

I do agree that the current generation are pretty uninspiring. But the levels of psychological sycophancy that hordes of (mainly but not solely ruralite) Sikhs have normalised for anglos in the community (who keep continuing to shaft them, or keep them subordinate) is sickening. Jagraj tried his hardest to combat that - and I will always respect that.  

You know what, maybe you are right? Maybe it's just that things have fallen to such a low, that what Jagraj did appears to be phenomenal in the face of rampant ar5e-licking towards others from our community. He showed some independent thought and analysis - which we rarely see or hear these days. Everyone seems to be trying to crawl up some other communities ar5e like insecure b1tches. 

No one man will be the be all and end all for our community (despite the weird tendency of many pendu apnay to worship the next even slightly charismatic personality to come along), but Jagraj said what needed to be said. I salute that. Otherwise we'd just have the tired old, docile, dimwitted sycophant Sikh representation as given by that old c**t in the program. 

What he said wasn’t bad at all, but people have been saying this for a long time, starting with my grandmother’s generation back in the days when Asians were never given a voice which could be heard by millions if not more! In those days they only made fun of Asians, they were stereotyped in such a way so to prove they are all stupid and deserved to be colonised! Not much has changed as far as their perceptions but what has changed is they are not made fun of openly anymore. Ar5kicking is the reason many don’t marry their own. They rather go and lay a gorri or gorra to feel false superiority over their own.

He didn’t say anything which educated and aware people have said all along bu, because of no media attention, their voices were never heard. It is the very ar5kickers that don’t want to still keep on doing what they are doing and not the educated aware! They don’t give a sh1t for white skinned people!

Guest gurukasewak

EDITED VERSION

He didn’t say anything different from what the educated and aware people have not said all along but, because of no media attention, their voices were never heard. It is the very ar5kickers still want to keep on doing what they were doing long ago and not the educated and the aware! The educated who have also become aware with the help of their eduction don’t give a sh1t for white skinned people! 

7 hours ago, Guest gurukasewak said:

What he said wasn’t bad at all, but people have been saying this for a long time, starting with my grandmother’s generation back in the days when Asians were never given a voice which could be heard by millions if not more! In those days they only made fun of Asians, they were stereotyped in such a way so to prove they are all stupid and deserved to be colonised! Not much has changed as far as their perceptions but what has changed is they are not made fun of openly anymore. Ar5kicking is the reason many don’t marry their own. They rather go and lay a gorri or gorra to feel false superiority over their own.

He didn’t say anything which educated and aware people have said all along bu, because of no media attention, their voices were never heard. It is the very ar5kickers that don’t want to still keep on doing what they are doing and not the educated aware! They don’t give a sh1t for white skinned people!

So finally someone managed to get that suppressed voice out (after decades) in an articulate fashion and the first you do is make out like it is nothing.....

And my question is, what did he say which was worth hearing or even highly ORIGINAL, for laughing out loud. 

You sound dumb. You're contradicting your own statement???

PS - There are other reasons why apnay don't marry apneean these days. It's because of the outright slaggy reputation the girls have made for themselves. 

Guest gurukasewak
53 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

So finally someone managed to get that suppressed voice out (after decades) in an articulate fashion and the first you do is make out like it is nothing.....

You sound dumb. You're contradicting your own statement???

PS - There are other reasons why apnay don't marry apneean these days. It's because of the outright slaggy reputation the girls have made for themselves. 

It was never a suppressed voice ever. It just never got any attention that’s all. My grandmother was educated (daadi Ji) partly in India (Hyderabad) and partly in the uk where she gained an HND in mechanical engineering. As soon as she finished her HND her parents started looking for a match from India (Punjab) and when she got married she had to go out to work too as in those days doctors educated in India didn’t earn much. My father grew up hearing about the evilness of colonialism and the damage it caused. Father always spoke about this and also educated a lot of English people about the wreckage it caused in India, Father is a vocal man, he speaks what he thinks. He was trained to speak his mind by his mother from an early age. Father was so surprised to learn that majority of brithish people either played dumb or were plain ignorant of their past, even though they read FT/Telegraph/TheGuardian newspapers and came from highly professional and educated family backgrounds! He explained to them what it did but in a very objective way so to pass on the message clearly and loudly. Even though they displayed sympathy but when he apprised them about Jaliyanwala Bagg or any other atrocity they always expressed surprise or shock to the point as though it was too incredible  to believe!  Father always said never ignore injustice speak up about it and let others know what’s happening!  Make others aware of the wrong and don’t feel ashamed.

I don’t see what this man said which has not been heard before? Besides, where do you think they mimicked their slaggishness? From the local women, that’s where!  You think they are not slags then? My parents grew up in the 60s and they never let the hippy fever/flower power touch them. Do you know why? They were born in those families where their pareants and the parents of their parents taught them decent Sikh values without narrow mindedness or other backward primitive thinking into it. Their Sikh identity and Sikh values were deeply embedded in their psych and they had discipline which set their boundaries. I am  so lucky to have such parents. 

No, I still don’t see anything exceptional or notable about what he said, besides, how much can anyone say in just few seconds or minutes in comparison to others, who were designated more time?

Anyway, , the impression I got was this, that they were really not bothered what he had to say, full stop! 

It was never a suppressed voice ever. It just never got any attention that’s all. 

Now I know for sure you are a dimwit. During colonialism they would even start harassing and arresting Sikhs for writing POETRY that was anti-colonialist (read Raghbir Singh's Bandgi Nama - he was one of the people who had to go underground for writing such poetry). 

During the world wars they would censor the letters that Sikh soldiers wrote home, just to control the narrative. 

You're a f**king proper idiot to say the voice was never suppressed. The Gaddarites, had to go to the west coast and get their own printing press to give an alternative Sikh voice to colonial one that was represented by the pro-colonialist Singh Sabha lehar. Did you get dropped on your head as a child? 

maxresdefault.jpg

1 hour ago, amardeep said:

Gursewak: What would you have wanted Jagraj Singh to say so that it was ground breaking and original?

Gursewak - watch out for Amardeep. I think he might be white man's informant amongst us. 

Guest Gurukasewak
2 hours ago, amardeep said:

Gursewak: What would you have wanted Jagraj Singh to say so that it was ground breaking and original?

No, we shouldn’t be proud of the British Empire because sikhs lost their homeland, their kingdom which was never restored back to them in 1947!

Guest gurukasewak
15 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

Gursewak - watch out for Amardeep. I think he might be white man's informant amongst us. 

Why would you say such a thing, dalsingh101?

No, we shouldn’t be proud of the British Empire because sikhs lost their homeland, their kingdom which was never restored back to them in 1947!

it’s true, isn’t it?

12 minutes ago, Guest gurukasewak said:

Why would you say such a thing, dalsingh101?

it’s true, isn’t it?

What the f**k else is it that you think Jagraj conveyed (albeit subtly) in the program??? Maybe English is a second language to you, so you didn't pick that up? 

Guest gurukasewak
1 hour ago, dalsingh101 said:

Now I know for sure you are a dimwit. During colonialism they would even start harassing and arresting Sikhs for writing POETRY that was anti-colonialist (read Raghbir Singh's Bandgi Nama - he was one of the people who had to go underground for writing such poetry). 

During the world wars they would censor the letters that Sikh soldiers wrote home, just to control the narrative. 

You're a f**king proper idiot to say the voice was never suppressed. The Gaddarites, had to go to the west coast and get their own printing press to give an alternative Sikh voice to colonial one that was represented by the pro-colonialist Singh Sabha lehar. Did you get dropped on your head as a child? 

maxresdefault.jpg

Why do you think I don’t already know all this? I do. Of course, their voices were suppressed in those days. It wasn’t just their voices what about other restrictions that were imposed upon them?

I wasn’t alluding to conditions under colonial rule at all when I said what I said earlier on! I was alluding to freedom of expression which everyone enjoyed in the past living in the western democracies back then when my parents were growing up. They spoke openly about the damage caused by colonialists and their colonialism to their peer groups be they anyone! I am referring to the 1960s when my parents were growing up. Their voices were not suppressed in those days. They spoke their minds in those days.

I think you misunderstood me. 

What I am saying is this, before  the colonialists conquered Punjab, Sikhs enjoyed freedom living in the Sikh kingdom. But in 1947, their homeland was not restored back to them. Instead, they created a new homeland for those that had already raped, looted and plundered India for a long time before them. Do you understand now what I am trying to say?  In my view, this damage can never be repaired ever because of the Empire!

Guest gurukasewak
15 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

What the f**k else is it that you think Jagraj conveyed (albeit subtly) in the program??? Maybe English is a second language to you, so you didn't pick that up? 

Aha! Since when did one succeed conveying such a powerful message as this one in a subtle manner or tone?  Never! You have to be honest, direct and overt to convey a powerful message such as this one. You can’t just play ‘mouse’ my friend if you have a grievance! Be strong and sincere in your cause. Be honest. Don’t play house or mouse man!