Should we be proud of the British empire (BBC program with Basics of Sikhi Jagraj)

10 minutes ago, Guest gurukasewak said:

Aha! Since when did one succeed conveying such a powerful message as this one in a subtle manner or tone?  Never! You have to be honest, direct and overt to convey a powerful message such as this one. You can’t just play ‘mouse’ my friend if you have a grievance! Be strong and sincere in your cause. Be honest. Don’t play house or mouse man!

You're a f**king idiot, with limited life experience, especially with firenghees. 

21 minutes ago, Guest gurukasewak said:

What I am saying is this, before  the colonialists conquered Punjab, Sikhs enjoyed freedom living in the Sikh kingdom. But in 1947, their homeland was not restored back to them. Instead, they created a new homeland for those that had already raped, looted and plundered India for a long time before them.

This was karmic payback for a century (and more!!) of jut chaaploosian in my opinion. 

Guest gurukasewak
10 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

You're a f**king idiot, with limited life experience, especially with firenghees. 

I don’t think we are on the same page! So, you rather support those that play mouse? Why can’t you support those that are direct and open? 

Guest gurukasewak
13 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

This was karmic payback for a century (and more!!) of jut chaaploosian in my opinion. 

What do you mean by “jut chaapmoosia?” This I have never heard of before. I don’t understand it.

1 hour ago, Guest gurukasewak said:

I don’t think we are on the same page! So, you rather support those that play mouse? Why can’t you support those that are direct and open? 

Give me an example of those that have been direct and open from the last ten years then? 

What do you mean by “jut chaapmoosia?” This I have never heard of before. I don’t understand it.

'jut chaaploosian' -  i.e.  persistent jut ar5e-licking of anglos post annexation that has lasted till this day. If you can't see this, this is even more evidence of your stupidity. 

Guest gurukasewak
8 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

Give me an example of those that have been direct and open from the last ten years then? 

Well, there was one who claimed to be “know it all” kind of person but I can’t remember his name now. He was very open regarding this issue. But, as I said before, people of my grandparents’ generation talked about it openly without lecturing about it or giving talks, without receiving any media attention, hence, it fell on deaf years!  The Raj was viewed in very romantic terms by majority, only the educated and the awakened ones knew the reality like my patents’ generation with same impact but without it going in lecture theatres or seminars!

Guest gurukasewak
9 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

'jut chaaploosian' -  i.e.  persistent jut ar5e-licking of anglos post annexation that has lasted till this day. If you can't see this, this is even more evidence of your stupidity. 

This is exactly what I am talking about too, only, I didn’t know how to express it in punjabi language. I think the video below expresses your choice of punjabi words perfectly:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cWE2H3aC9bo

This is the best example of jut  chaploosian in my view!

2 hours ago, Guest gurukasewak said:

Well, there was one who claimed to be “know it all” kind of person but I can’t remember his name now. He was very open regarding this issue. But, as I said before, people of my grandparents’ generation talked about it openly without lecturing about it or giving talks, without receiving any media attention, hence, it fell on deaf years!  The Raj was viewed in very romantic terms by majority, only the educated and the awakened ones knew the reality like my patents’ generation with same impact but without it going in lecture theatres or seminars!

I don't think it fell on deaf 'ears'. I think the vast majority of previous generations had been mass brainwashed by imperial propaganda (mainly I think through the Singh Sabha lehar/military contact in my opinion). If you grew up like you've described, recognise that you were in a minority. 

Plus, given the situation at ground level, you have to concede that the apnay that were politically clued up failed miserably to pass on their world view to the masses. Either they gave up trying (which wouldn't surprise me given how stupid and sycophantic so many apnay are), or their attempts were inadequate. 

I can't think of any other community that went from being fiercely independent, self-sufficient and militarily capable (pre-annexation) to the current state of international cheap labour, totally out of place and irrelevant on the international political scene like apnay. 

If anglos systematically made sure that every other community they attacked and subjugated remained ignorant through educational policies they enacted on them, there is no way they didn't apply that to Sikhs, especially given the serious threat Singhs could physically pose to them. So we have this legacy that still lingers on. Where the majority of Sikhs (rural types) are anti-intellectual and would rather spend their free time listening to Jaj-jee B or Diljit or some other hypocritical pendu singer with nothing of substance to say.  Anyway make sure you read this:

2 hours ago, Guest gurukasewak said:

This is exactly what I am talking about too, only, I didn’t know how to express it in punjabi language. I think the video below expresses your choice of punjabi words perfectly:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cWE2H3aC9bo

This is the best example of jut  chaploosian in my view!

I think you've misunderstood. Is English your second language? That actor wasn't even Panjabi let alone Sikh. 

But we both seem to have grown up in the same generation, seeing comical arse-licking caricatures of Sikh males (which actually reflected how many goray actually perceived our community in my opinion). 

Younger people should watch this: 

Guest gurukasewak
2 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

I think you've misunderstood. Is English your second language? That actor wasn't even Panjabi let alone Sikh. 

But we both seem to have grown up in the same generation, seeing comical arse-licking caricatures of Sikh males (which actually reflected how many goray actually perceived our community in my opinion). 

Younger people should watch this: 

My parents grew up watching these comedy series and it was Albert Moses who played the character of Ranjeet Singh!  How I know about these comedy series is through my parents because they knew how silly they were portraying a Sikh in such an insulting way. They used to critisize them for doing so. My parents are very aware people and they taught us not to generalise everyone in this way. They always told us the aim of these comedies was to make fun of Sikhs and show them as daft people which was wrong! 

No English is not my second language, I am dyslexic that’s all.

Okay. Thanks for letting me know.