*Extreme Caution* - Gurbani Mantar Sidhi

Having said the above, spiritual capacity will vary from person to person. Some people might have plenty of Bhagti from their previous lives, have spiritually advanced parents, etc. For such people, it might be possible to acquire Sidhis, without the assistance of a guide.

The best idea would be to consult a advanced spiritual being or Panj Pyaray, before doing so.

Bhul chuk maaf

Guest guest

???

friend please stop hanging around with confused persons and reading confused books.

Gurubani- Guru's teachings is only to do Japa of Naam only.  So where then has this other stuff come from?  What kind of 'sikh' is doing this stuff and where did they learn it from?

e.g. how hard is it to understand a salok from Sukhmani?  

Wow seems 'sikhs' are doing everything but following actual Guru's teaching.

Guest guest

It is pretty clear in SGGS Gurbani Naam can be remembered at all times and states, there are no rules or regulations.  So it is not possible that this person went mad if he was reciting Naam.

Guest kundalini
20 hours ago, paapiman said:

If any person knows of any ways, through which the energy released by Naam Simran can be harnessed/channeled, please do share. 

IMHO, Yoga might help.

Bhul chuk maaf

object of naam simran itself, is about channeling energy correctly so that you can transform as a Sikh.  The guy above in example, must not have been doing japna in gurmat and wasn't focusing mind dhiaan correctly.

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 4:15 AM, Guest guest said:

he must have been involved in something else.

yes guest guest, this guy was doing it correctly. There is absolutely no way that simran will be harmful of degenerative in any way if it is practiced properly with the correct intentions and attitude in line with gurmat.

There is another sakhi, where a person attains Antarjamta (from a Brahamgyani) and then becomes mentally ill. He starts waving his sword at night. The reason was simple. He had not achieved the spiritual level, to manage that power. Gyani Thakur Singh jee narrated this incident.

Gurparsaad, Daas will post the reference, if found.

Gurbani has immense power. It is so difficult to look at the sun (a mere demi-God) in the afternoon; just imagine the power of countless suns.

Bhul chuk maaf

This is seriously unbelievable. First of all, a Sikh should NEVER do anything for ANY worldly desires. To be frank, this sounds like Hindu superstition. Sikhs don't pray for worldly things or do rituals for worldly desires.  Or perhaps dhera concocted stories to create control in the members.

And a Sikh is to recite naam with every breath. Remember Waheguru with every beat of your heart every day. One will find Waheguru much easier by ACTION of selfless service.  Do seva for others, and remember Waheguru with every breath while doing so. There is no need to count jaaps, sit in certain way, like ritual and superstition.  

I don't know where you are getting your idea of Sikhi Paapiman, but you seriously need to reevaluate what Sikhi is and what it is NOT. 

And a person would never go mad doing this.  Either it was for show, or something else unrelated happened or its a concocted story.

I am really starting to wonder about what is being touted as Sikhi as of late! 

• 1 year later...
12 hours ago, sarabatam said:

Depending on seeker perception towards gurbani, if seekers feel and see gurbani as jagat gyan jot (Pure knowledge/awareness) approach it with no mind-thoughtless/no forna just being one with reciting gurbani or gurbani shabad. It will burn thousands years of conditioning instantly.

Gurbani says "janam janam ke kilbikh lathe"   ..from countless janams and births,.. the paaps, sins and karams can all be washed away with this one-pointed "No intentions"  practice and approach.

11 hours ago, MrDoaba said:

I have heard that when one does a Jaap for someone else's benefit, the initial problem can be transferred to the one doing the Jaap.

Not always the case. There are various scenarios, but most commonly, if the person doing the jap has a consciousness vibrating at much lower levels than recipient, then they would be more susceptible to suffering the mirror/reverse effect.  It also depends a great deal on what the intentions and directions of divine healing are being put forward by the doer. I do my own spiritual healing and have gained much better understanding of how God works in the mysterious ways of maya.

12 hours ago, MrDoaba said:

I have heard that when one does a Jaap for someone else's benefit, the initial problem can be transferred to the one doing the Jaap.

Yes, that's true. Even, if we do Ardas for someone, his/her problems can possibly be transferred to you. 

A person needs to have plenty of "Kamai" before he can start doing Jaap or Ardas for anyone else. 

Bhul chuk maaf

7 hours ago, Lucky said:

Not always the case. There are various scenarios, but most commonly, if the person doing the jap has a consciousness vibrating at much lower levels than recipient, then they would be more susceptible to suffering the mirror/reverse effect.  It also depends a great deal on what the intentions and directions of divine healing are being put forward by the doer. I do my own spiritual healing and have gained much better understanding of how God works in the mysterious ways of maya.

Thanks for the info bro, learn something new everyday.

Would this also go to include kamaaiye of previous lives? I ask because the recipient in the anecdote I heard was a child.

Could you also elaborate on what you mean by intentions and directions?

6 hours ago, paapiman said:

Yes, that's true. Even, if we do Ardas for someone, his/her problems can possibly be transferred to you. 

A person needs to have plenty of "Kamai" before he can start doing Jaap or Ardas for anyone else. 

Bhul chuk maaf

I'm inclined to disagree with Ardas for someone else causing issues. Jaap yes, but not Ardas.

5 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

Just a point to clarify, so this would only apply when doing Ardas for someone else? (I only listened to first 5mins btw)

What's the other option? Doing Ardas for oneself?

If you do Ardas for yourself, for something which is not written in your destiny (and is accepted by Waheguru), then you will loose your own "kamai".

Bhul chuk maaf

4 minutes ago, paapiman said:

If you do Ardas for yourself, for something which is not written in your destiny (and is accepted by Waheguru), then you will loose your own "kamai".

Bhul chuk maaf

Veer ji you won't lose kamai. You will lose everthing doing this sort of stuff. Listen to this track from Baba Harnam Singh Ji Jeevani. It is shocking

https://www.sikhnet.com/audio/cure-s-avtar-singh-027

3 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Bhul chuk maaf

I will speak to others regarding this as well. It's starting to take on a slightly unusual slant here i.e. a sort of quid pro quo situation, which in my eyes isn't particularly Sikhi-like. Not something I have ever heard before nor is it something which is a widely held belief.

Rather discouraging if I'm to be honest. It's more or less obliterated the institution of Ardas. Probably the reason so many Gyanis lose their jobs these days, too many Ardasan...

Nevertheless, thanks for your input.