The Truth about Hemkunt

Guest Gurbani
On 6/22/2016 at 0:31 PM, HappyDays said:

Like BhagatSingh just showed your thinking regarding that one line quote is flawed. I'm entitled to have my own opinion I never said it is a fact. I'm a person with a open mind. If you want to lock yourself into a certain thinking then you're free to. I'm not going to go hide my opinion just because it's not popular. The soul which is God never changes. We have to realize that we're the Truth. That is the journey I believe we are going on which is known as self-realization. We are here to realize we ourselves and everything else is God. There is nothing but God. The 5 elements are always changing. Every physical body takes birth and then dies. I see Gurus as souls who experienced many different lives as well. If they never went through dealing with panj dhoot then they could not relate to and understand us. 

Gurbani says Sri Guru Granth sahib is the Bani of God and came straight from God.  You are saying the gurus experienced kaam krodh lohb mob ankhar.  Since the gurus are the mouthpiece of God.  You are saying God went through kaam krodh lohb  mob ankhar.  You added, how else can the Gurus know about the world if they never experienced it.  Gurbani says alcohol makes a person lose his senses of reality.  I understand from your logic, God (all knowing being) must have drank alcohol to find out the effects of it.  According to you did God also die to know the experience?

Everyone has an opinion but no one writes opinions on exams.  They try to remember the material they were told to study.  The Guru doesn't care for mine or your opinion.  He has given the truth to us in the form of Gurbani to practice.  The Guru says to learn from Gurbani and teach others what you have learned.  The Guru doesn't say to teach your opinion to others.  An open mind according to Gurbani is to accept Gurbani teachings.  A closed mind is the one who expresses opinions all day and learns nothing from the true teacher, the Guru.  Opinions are formed through Maya in the mind.  They don't have any value at the Gurus door.  

Guest Gurbani
On 6/22/2016 at 0:31 PM, HappyDays said:

Like BhagatSingh just showed your thinking regarding that one line quote is flawed. I'm entitled to have my own opinion I never said it is a fact. I'm a person with a open mind. If you want to lock yourself into a certain thinking then you're free to. I'm not going to go hide my opinion just because it's not popular. The soul which is God never changes. We have to realize that we're the Truth. That is the journey I believe we are going on which is known as self-realization. We are here to realize we ourselves and everything else is God. There is nothing but God. The 5 elements are always changing. Every physical body takes birth and then dies. I see Gurus as souls who experienced many different lives as well. If they never went through dealing with panj dhoot then they could not relate to and understand us. 

Gurbani says Sri Guru Granth sahib is the Bani of God and came straight from God.  You are saying the gurus experienced kaam krodh lohb mob ankhar.  Since the gurus are the mouthpiece of God.  You are saying God went through kaam krodh lohb  mob ankhar.  You added, how else can the Gurus know about the world if they never experienced it.  Gurbani says alcohol makes a person lose his senses of reality.  I understand from your logic, God (all knowing being) must have drank alcohol to find out the effects of it.  According to you did God also die to know the experience?

Everyone has an opinion but no one writes opinions on exams.  They try to remember the material they were told to study.  The Guru doesn't care for mine or your opinion.  He has given the truth to us in the form of Gurbani to practice.  The Guru says to learn from Gurbani and teach others what you have learned.  The Guru doesn't say to teach your opinion to others.  An open mind according to Gurbani is to accept Gurbani teachings.  A closed mind is the one who expresses opinions all day and learns nothing from the true teacher, the Guru.  Opinions are formed through Maya in the mind.  They don't have any value at the Gurus door.  

Guest Gurbani
On 6/22/2016 at 2:09 PM, Ragmaala said:

Ok true. Yes, you can be at two places at one time. Fine.  How do you explain the suffering he was feeling when he would go back into womb.

My point is womb is a suffering if you are not attuned to Naam while inside. Some people dont even make it. It is called a Kumbhi Narak by Mahapurush for a reason.

Saying a Guru or Avtar stayed in Kumbhi Narak is considered disrespectful by Mahapurush.

Gurbani says the world is a suffering yet the pure holy God comes inside of it.  Does God suffer when he is in the world?  God and the Gurus are the lotus flower who are in the filth but not touched by it.  They are all knowing.  No filth can touch the Gurus.  A body coming through the womb doesn't mean it's in joons.  The body is part of 5 tats the atma of a person is in joons.  The Gurus are above joons and never entered them.    

10 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

This reminds me about an incident from biography Ananda Chamatkar of Baba Nand Singh Ji.  Hope it doesnt create another controversy, make what you will of it. One time a famous ragi singh came to offer his keertan services. He started singing in Raga & then Baba Ji asked him to sing in simple dharna. The reason given by author was that the ragas were taking their original form in Gurus Darbar ,which apparently were of women. Only Mahapurush know the mystery behind this bachan. My speculation is to cut down ego of ragi singh.

Raags definitely have physical representations. They came with their families to Sri Satguru jee (Fifth Master). They had been crippled, as people were not following the maryada while singing them. Sri Satguru jee recited the great Gurbani of Sri Raagmala Sahib jee to eliminate their sufferings.

Raags are males. Their wives are called Raagnis and they have children too. 

IMHO, Baba jee might have been referring to Raagnis, taking physical forms in sangat.

Bhul chuk maaf

10 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

Even ridhi sidhis apparently have their own forms.

It might be true for some Sidhis. Karan Pisachnee is a woman, associated with a Sidhi. Once a person is able to gain that Sidhi, it is actually the woman, who helps the person. She can predict future, read people's minds, etc.

Bhul chuk maaf

On 7/4/2016 at 1:28 PM, Guest guest said:

nobody cares what you think, and your thoughts aren't 'controversial'.  you're reading Osho and have so much faith in that? so why pretend ot be a sikh you fraud.

Well It's pushing me towards realizing the truth for myself. Part of that to me is giving up any pre-conceived ideas. I don't believe in some random God or Karma. No need to be so negative towards my opinion. You can keep believing in some God that listens to every ardas I'm not attacking you for it. I know ardas to God is in guru granth sahib but I don't know the purpose. The gurus could be using it for prem-bhakti. I choose a more scientific path instead of blind faith. I refuse to believe anything I don't know. Only through going within will I find the answers I'm seeking. Not listening to some katha or some story or some beliefs. I don't believe in all of Oshos teachings, I believe some of his teachings actually drove many people towards kaam ras and the wrong direction. I do agree in his belief to not believe what you don't know and instead put the time in to reach the truth for yourself. If one day I realize that some God does exist that listens to everyones ardas and some sort of karma system does exist then cool but until then I don't know so I don't believe.

On 7/5/2016 at 7:29 PM, Guest Gurbani said:

First of all I don't have the IQ to understand Gurbani. That's why I try not to decipher it's meaning because I may take it the wrong way when the meaning is actually different. High-level gurmukhs understand the true meaning. I have my opinions though just like you do. I don't think Guru Gobind Singh Ji came out the womb fully realized. I believe he went on the spiritual journey as well to reach God. He writes his parents did lots of different meditation and he did as well before becoming one with the Truth. Bachittar Natak gives some really good insight. I think you'll take it the wrong way though. I don't know if you believe it's written by Guru Gobind Singh Ji or not but I feel it's too beautiful to not be written by him. I should ask my grandpa if it's written by Guru Gobind Singh or maybe Lucky will know. @Lucky is Bachittar Natak written by Guru Gobind Singh Ji?

ਅਬ ਮੈ ਅਪਨੀ ਕਥਾ ਬਖਾਨੋ ॥ ਤਪ ਸਾਧਤ ਜਿਹ ਬਿਧਿ ਮ੝ਹਿ ਆਨੋ ॥
Ab main apnee katha bakhaano. Tap saadhat iih bidh muhe aano.
Now I relate my own story as to how I was brought here. While I was absorbed in deep meditation.
ਹੇਮ ਕ੝ੰਟ ਪਰਬਤ ਹੈ ਜਹਾਂ ॥ ਸਪਤ ਸ੝ਰਿੰਗ ਸੋਭਿਤ ਹੈ ਤਹਾਂ ॥੧॥
Hemkunt Parbat hai jahaan, Sapt sring sobhit hai tahaan .1.
The site was the mountain named Hemkunt, with seven peaks and looks there very impressive .1.
ਸਪਤ ਸ੝ਰਿੰਗ ਤਿਹ ਨਾਮ੝ ਕਹਾਵਾ ॥ ਪੰਡ੝ ਰਾਜ ਜਹ ਜੋਗ੝ ਕਮਾਵਾ ॥
Satptsring teh naam kahawa. Pand raaj jahan jog kamava
That mountain is called Sapt Shring (seven-peaked mountain), where the Pandavas Practised Yoga.
ਤਹ ਹਮ ਅਧਿਕ ਤਪਸਿਆ ਸਾਧੀ ॥ ਮਹਾਕਾਲ ਕਾਲਿਕਾ ਅਰਾਧੀ ॥੨॥
teh ham adhik tapasaya sadhi. mahakaal akalka aradhi .2.
There I was absorbed in deep meditation on the Primal Power, the Supreme Being .2.

ਇਹ ਬਿਧਿ ਕਰਤ ਤਪਿਸਆ ਭਯੋ ॥ ਦ੝ਵੈ ਤੇ ਝਕ ਰੂਪ ਹ੝ਵੈ ਗਯੋ ॥
Ih bidh karat tappsaya bhayo. Davai te ek roop havai gayo.
In this way, my meditation reached its zenith and I became One with the Omnipotent Lord.
ਤਾਤ ਮਾਤ ਮ੝ਰ ਅਲਖ ਅਰਾਧਾ ॥ ਬਹ੝ ਬਿਧਿ ਜੋਗ ਸਾਧਨਾ ਸਾਧਾ ॥੩॥
taat maat mur alakh araahaa. bahu beedh jog saahdna sahdaa ॥3॥
My parents also meditated for the union with the Incomprehensible Lord and performed many types of disciplines for union.3.
ਤਿਨ ਜੋ ਕਰੀ ਅਲਖ ਕੀ ਸੇਵਾ ॥ ਤਾ ਤੇ ਭਝ ਪ੝ਰਸੰਨਿ ਗ੝ਰਦੇਵਾ ॥
tin jo karee alakh kee sevaa. taa tay bhaay prasanni gurdava ॥
The service that they rendered the Incomprehensible Lord, caused the pleasure of the Supreme Guru (i.e. Lord).
ਤਿਨ ਪ੝ਰਭ ਜਬ ਆਇਸ ਮ੝ਹਿ ਦੀਆ ॥ ਤਬ ਹਮ ਜਨਮ ਕਲੂ ਮਹਿ ਲੀਆ ॥੪॥
tin prabh jab aaees muh theeaa. tab hamm janam kaloo mahi leeaa ॥4॥
When the Lord ordered me, I was born in this Iron age.4.
ਚਿਤ ਨ ਭਯੋ ਹਮਰੋ ਆਵਨ ਕਹਿ ॥ ਚ੝ਭੀ ਰਹੀ ਸ੝ਰ੝ਤਿ ਪ੝ਰਭ੝ ਚਰਨਨ ਮਹਿ ॥
Chit na bhayo hamro aavan kaih. Chubhi rahee srut Prabhu chaman maih
I had no desire to come, because I was totally absorbed in devotion for the Holy feet of the Lord.
ਜਿਉ ਤਿਉ ਪ੝ਰਭ ਹਮ ਕੋ ਸਮਝਾਯੋ ॥ ਇਮ ਕਿਹ ਕੈ ਇਹ ਲੋਕਿ ਪਠਾਯੋ ॥੫॥
Jio tio Prabh ham ko samjhaayo. Im Kaih kai ih lok Pathaayo.
But the Lord made me understand His Will and sent me in this world with the following words.5

Guest guest
7 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Well It's pushing me towards realizing the truth for myself. Part of that to me is giving up any pre-conceived ideas. I don't believe in some random God or Karma. No need to be so negative towards my opinion. You can keep believing in some God that listens to every ardas I'm not attacking you for it. I know ardas to God is in guru granth sahib but I don't know the purpose. The gurus could be using it for prem-bhakti. I choose a more scientific path instead of blind faith. I refuse to believe anything I don't know. Only through going within will I find the answers I'm seeking. Not listening to some katha or some story or some beliefs. I don't believe in all of Oshos teachings, I believe some of his teachings actually drove many people towards kaam ras and the wrong direction. I do agree in his belief to not believe what you don't know and instead put the time in to reach the truth for yourself. If one day I realize that some God does exist that listens to everyones ardas and some sort of karma system does exist then cool but until then I don't know so I don't believe.

I dont think you are 'giving up any pre-conceived ideas', just cherry picking beliefs that suit your ignorant opinions.  You seem to already have reached some conclusions now picking whatever ideas you like to suit them.

Guest guest
On 5 July 2016 at 0:26 AM, GurpreetKaur said:

Gurpreet

using your own example, does that now make you qualified to go and advise other women on childbirth?  and if you start talking to a bunch of woman who have experienced childbirth and you say to them "oh its very painful" you wouldnt expect them to ask you how you would know? and do you think they would take your opinion on the matter seriously in any way?

the example with your brother proves my point.  why don't you just say to yourself 'oh he is a form of God, I am a form of God' instead of getting angry?  

if i go around stealing people money, and also go around telling people 'stealing is bad', is my opinion to be respected?  stealing is bad, but i am obviously not in a state to confirm that, so it isn't right for me to say that to people.  maybe more fitting to repeat to myself.

it is very easy to talk in theoretics.  "Yoga doesnt happen by talking".

and there is an important distinction between "Gurbani says all is God" and telling someone, as personal advice, "all is God".

and i have not see anyone say to an angry person' getting angry is bad', nor can i imagine such advice would work out well in such a situation.

15 hours ago, Guest guest said:

I dont think you are 'giving up any pre-conceived ideas', just cherry picking beliefs that suit your ignorant opinions.  You seem to already have reached some conclusions now picking whatever ideas you like to suit them.

I worded it wrong by saying I don't believe in God or karma. I meant to say I don't believe or not believe. What I'm basically saying is I don't know. Hopefully it makes sense to you. Stay cool bro no need to attack people with different views than yourself. 

Guest guest

Dear Happy Days,

very narcissistic of you to say/think that i am 'attacking people with different views to yourself'.

of course you are free to believe what you want.  and i think it is correct to be honest and admit to atheism rather than feign belief in God,

but if you are presenting yourself as a sikh on a sikh discussion site, yet following Osho etc or espousing atheism etc then that is totally fake and insincere, and it would be a sad state of affairs if that is seem as 'the norm' for sikhs.  

atheism is anathema to sikhism.  it is like someone posting on a vegan forum that they enjoy beef.  good for them, but why are they calling themselves vegans?

"if you cant take the heat, get out of the kitchen".