Which religion is The Best

das

• 1 month later...
On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:14 AM, Guest Jassa Singh said:

Doesn't make any sense at all.  What is your point?  

It's simple: just replace religion with school and you'll understand. Let's say, it is very fortunate to get admission into any prestigious school but spending all the life in the same school without ever graduating is misfortunate. In other words, religion was supposed to guide us to the ultimate truth; but unfortunately we have chosen to boost about our religion and putting extra stress on the uniform and rituals of the religion and just ignored the real teachings of the religion (i.e to move towards the Ultimate Truth).

Isn't this simple enough to say but the toughest thing to ever attempt practically?

4 hours ago, das said:

It's simple: just replace religion with school and you'll understand. Let's say, it is very fortunate to get admission into any prestigious school but spending all the life in the same school without ever graduating is misfortunate. In other words, religion was supposed to guide us to the ultimate truth; but unfortunately we have chosen to boost about our religion and putting extra stress on the uniform and rituals of the religion and just ignored the real teachings of the religion (i.e to move towards the Ultimate Truth).

Isn't this simple enough to say but the toughest thing to ever attempt practically?

Not a good example. In school you have to accept their rules and regulations , but after graduating you don't follow their rules and regulations.can you name one religion which says that it is ok to break their code of conduct after you understand their teaching.

Also who will decide whether you graduated in religion or not 

2 hours ago, kdsingh80 said:

Not a good example. In school you have to accept their rules and regulations , but after graduating you don't follow their rules and regulations.can you name one religion which says that it is ok to break their code of conduct after you understand their teaching.

Also who will decide whether you graduated in religion or not 

Where did I say that it's okay to break the rules? I just said that the school doesn't server the Purpose if the student doesn't learn.

Let me put it another way: Would you carry a boat on your shoulders after crossing a river? Again, I am NOT suggesting to drop all the rules/rituals as we've graduated because we never know if we graduated or not.......but we should bear in our mind that the religion's main purpose is to move towards Him, and not engaging in useless debates on My-uniform-vs-Your-uniform or my-God-in-box-vs-Your-God-in-box etc. Main aim of all religions is: To Move towards Him, this way or that way.....if we all understand that, then this world would be much better and peaceful place to live. Problem is that we miss the center piece and give stress to unnecessary things........would you buy a car (RangeRover) which cannot run but is decorated with gold.......obviously, no because the main purpose of the car is not fulfilled.

Even Brahmgyanis (who have crossed the worldly ocean, graduated) does NOT drop the rules for everyone's sake; who are we (who are in Kindergarten and pretending to be a graduate)?

7 hours ago, das said:

Main aim of all religions is: To Move towards Him, this way or that way.....if we all understand that, then this world would be much better and peaceful place to live

Not true , their are religions like Jainism , core Budhism where there is no concept of god, then how can we say that all religions say this

It is an ancient discussion in all major religions whether the rule set is to be followed eternally by the people or whether one can reach such a state where one does not need to follow the rules anylonger. The jews of the Kabalah, Sufis of Islam etc all claimed that it was possible to reach a higher stage where rules (Talmud/Sharia) no longer applied to them because "the rules are a walking stick that teaches you how to walk. Once you learn to walk you no longer need the stick and hence get rid of it".

I've heard some Sikhs say the same, - that the rahit becomes insignificant at some point because you are already living Sikhi inside out - the soul being in constant vibration. one Singh cited this tuk as ref:

ਕਬੀਰ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਇਕ ਸਿਉ ਕੀਏ ਆਨ ਦੁਬਿਧਾ ਜਾਇ ॥

Kabeer, when you are in love with the One Lord, duality and alienation depart.

ਭਾਵੈ ਲਾਂਬੇ ਕੇਸ ਕਰੁ ਭਾਵੈ ਘਰਰਿ ਮੁਡਾਇ ॥੨੫॥

You may have long hair, or you may shave your head bald. ||25||

8 hours ago, kdsingh80 said:

Not true , their are religions like Jainism , core Budhism where there is no concept of god, then how can we say that all religions say this

There's much debate on whether Buddhism should be classed as a religion due to that very notion, although they don't believe in a god they do believe breaking free from creation. Sort of similar to how many other religions perceive enlightenment.  

1 hour ago, Kira said:

There's much debate on whether Buddhism should be classed as a religion due to that very notion, although they don't believe in a god they do believe breaking free from creation. Sort of similar to how many other religions perceive enlightenment.  

Its not that simplistic bro. They dont beleive in God in abhramic sense as they beleive in Absolute non dual reality/Non dual God reality without abhramic notions. See- Buddhist sutra including heart sutra- gate gate for more info, for example- form(sargun) is empitness(nirgun), empitness(nirgun) is form(sargun). They also have buddhisatva - realized awakened beings equivalent to bhramgyanis, and also beleive in  buddhist gods -sargun devotion spread out in various different school of thoughts/sects within Buddhism.

When I said that the aim of all religions is to move towards HIM, it did NOT mean that there is some God sitting there and we need to achieve Him or something like that. Let's put it in another way where it would be more digestible: All religions aim for the Truth as everything else is False/Illusion.....or say not satisfied with current conditions and therefore seek something higher i.e strive for higher peace.

On 27 June 2016 at 10:51 PM, das said:

We all seems to be debating (sometimes not upfront but very subtly) that which religion is the best.

When you said 'we all...' I thought you are talking about this site.  But I dont think that is true of this site.  I don't see such debate or superiority complex here.  Maybe I am not reading those threads.  Or maybe by 'we all' you meant the world in general.

• 3 years later...

The best religion is that one, which takes us gradually above all existing realms and merges our surtee in Him, and that one, as far as I know is Sikhee.

First it prepares us to become good human beings to all beings, for as long as we have hatred or ill feelings towards anyone, we can not evolve as spiritual beings, thus our chit or mind can never ever get fixed upon His Lotus Feet.

For, to be able to Love Him (prem bhakti), and merge in Him, we need to be pure.

And as the Bani tells us, Nanak Naam jahaaz hae, jinee chareeya, se utareeya paar.

Sikhee teaches us how to get hold of that Universal Power of Naam, thus reach Sach Khand, and become one with Him.

What else is then left to be achieved?

The answer is obviously nothing, thus, Sikhee at least for me, is the best path.

SSA.

16 hours ago, harsharan000 said:

The best religion is that one, which takes us gradually above all existing realms and merges our surtee in Him, and that one, as far as I know is Sikhee.

First it prepares us to become good human beings to all beings, for as long as we have hatred or ill feelings towards anyone, we can not evolve as spiritual beings, thus our chit or mind can never ever get fixed upon His Lotus Feet.

For, to be able to Love Him (prem bhakti), and merge in Him, we need to be pure.

And as the Bani tells us, Nanak Naam jahaaz hae, jinee chareeya, se utareeya paar.

Sikhee teaches us how to get hold of that Universal Power of Naam, thus reach Sach Khand, and become one with Him.

What else is then left to be achieved?

The answer is obviously nothing, thus, Sikhee at least for me, is the best path.

SSA.

Veer ji you are 100% right.

Here is a Pauri i found from Sri Sukhmani Sahib on Ang 266

ਸਰਬ ਧਰਮ ਮਹਿ ਸ੍ਰੇਸਟ ਧਰਮੁ ॥

Sarab Dhharam Mehi Sraesatt Dhharam ||

Of all religions, the best religion

ਗਉੜੀ ਸੁਖਮਨੀ (ਮਃ ੫) (੩) ੮:੧ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੨੬੬ ਪੰ. ੧੩ 
Raag Gauri Sukhmanee Guru Arjan Dev

ਹਰਿ ਕੋ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਿ ਨਿਰਮਲ ਕਰਮੁ ॥

Har Ko Naam Jap Niramal Karam ||

Is to chant the Name of the Lord and maintain pure conduct.

ਗਉੜੀ ਸੁਖਮਨੀ (ਮਃ ੫) (੩) ੮:੨ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੨੬੬ ਪੰ. ੧੩ 

ਸਗਲ ਕ੍ਰਿਆ ਮਹਿ ਊਤਮ ਕਿਰਿਆ ॥

Sagal Kiraaa Mehi Ootham Kiriaa ||

Of all religious rituals, the most sublime ritual

ਗਉੜੀ ਸੁਖਮਨੀ (ਮਃ ੫) (੩) ੮:੩ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੨੬੬ ਪੰ. ੧੩ 

ਸਾਧਸੰਗਿ ਦੁਰਮਤਿ ਮਲੁ ਹਿਰਿਆ ॥

Saadhhasang Dhuramath Mal Hiriaa ||

Is to erase the filth of the dirty mind in the Company of the Holy.

ਗਉੜੀ ਸੁਖਮਨੀ (ਮਃ ੫) (੩) ੮:੪ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੨੬੬ ਪੰ. ੧੪ 

ਸਗਲ ਉਦਮ ਮਹਿ ਉਦਮੁ ਭਲਾ ॥

Sagal Oudham Mehi Oudham Bhalaa ||

Of all efforts, the best effort

ਗਉੜੀ ਸੁਖਮਨੀ (ਮਃ ੫) (੩) ੮:੫ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੨੬੬ ਪੰ. ੧੪ 

ਹਰਿ ਕਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਹੁ ਜੀਅ ਸਦਾ ॥

Har Kaa Naam Japahu Jeea Sadhaa ||

Is to chant the Name of the Lord in the heart, forever.

ਗਉੜੀ ਸੁਖਮਨੀ (ਮਃ ੫) (੩) ੮:੬ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੨੬੬ ਪੰ. ੧੪ 

ਸਗਲ ਬਾਨੀ ਮਹਿ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਬਾਨੀ ॥

Sagal Baanee Mehi Anmrith Baanee ||

Of all speech, the most ambrosial speech

ਗਉੜੀ ਸੁਖਮਨੀ (ਮਃ ੫) (੩) ੮:੭ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੨੬੬ ਪੰ. ੧੫ 

ਹਰਿ ਕੋ ਜਸੁ ਸੁਨਿ ਰਸਨ ਬਖਾਨੀ ॥

Har Ko Jas Sun Rasan Bakhaanee ||

Is to hear the Lord's Praise and chant it with the tongue.

ਗਉੜੀ ਸੁਖਮਨੀ (ਮਃ ੫) (੩) ੮:੮ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੨੬੬ ਪੰ. ੧੫ 

ਸਗਲ ਥਾਨ ਤੇ ਓਹੁ ਊਤਮ ਥਾਨੁ ॥

Sagal Thhaan Thae Ouhu Ootham Thhaan ||

Of all places, the most sublime place,

ਗਉੜੀ ਸੁਖਮਨੀ (ਮਃ ੫) (੩) ੮:੯ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੨੬੬ ਪੰ. ੧੫ 

ਨਾਨਕ ਜਿਹ ਘਟਿ ਵਸੈ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ॥੮॥੩॥

Naanak Jih Ghatt Vasai Har Naam ||8||3||

O Nanak, is that heart in which the Name of the Lord abides. ||8||3||

ਗਉੜੀ ਸੁਖਮਨੀ (ਮਃ ੫) (੩) ੮:੧੦ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੨੬੬ ਪੰ. ੧੬