Trip to india suggestions

Ajbakrit

Gurfateh sangat ji,

have been a lurker on the forum. I am making a trip to punjab for a month and a half and the following asthans are on my list

sri harmandir sahib ji

sri hazoor sahib

sri anandpur sahib

maybe gurdwara rampur khera

the purpose of this visit is to take a break and do some naam kamaiyee

i would love if you suggest some asthans that you went to and found really peaceful and if you know of some high avastha gurmukhs that i could do darshan of 

or any asthan that you know that helps in naam simran

1 hour ago, Ajbakrit said:

Gurfateh sangat ji,

have been a lurker on the forum. I am making a trip to punjab for a month and a half and the following asthans are on my list

sri harmandir sahib ji

sri hazoor sahib

sri anandpur sahib

maybe gurdwara rampur khera

the purpose of this visit is to take a break and do some naam kamaiyee

i would love if you suggest some asthans that you went to and found really peaceful and if you know of some high avastha gurmukhs that i could do darshan of 

or any asthan that you know that helps in naam simran

Go to Raqba if you can, you can meet Giani Inderjeet Singh ji who is a buzurg Nihang singh sahib and full of Gian.

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audio.php?q=f&f=%2FKatha%2F02_Present_Day_Katha%2FSant_Giani_Inderjeet_Singh_(Raqbe_wale)

Will try and do veer, though i hope this visit is full of spiritual bliss, I don't really know how it would turn out

you sure nihang singh ji wouldn't mind talking to a girl, I don't want to offend anyone. Its just that during my time in india i saw that mainly men or boys talk about spiritual matters. just want to make sure that girls are allowed there before actually showing up :)

Penji, be extra careful and always have a male relative or a female Jatha along with you when visiting places. Mahapurush usually don't talk to women alone so keep that in mind and don't get hurt if someone is harsh. 

Hazoor sahib is a must.  

All the best!!!!

9 hours ago, paapiman said:

Sister, if you go to Delhi, aside from visiting the great gurudwaras (Sri Bangla Sahib, Sri Sis Ganj Sahib, Sri Raqab Ganj Sahib, etc), try to meet Srimaan Sant Baba Gurdev Singh jee Maharaaj (Head of Nanaksar Samprada).

Other Saints you can try to meet:

• Vidya Martand Srimaan 108 Sant Gyani Mohan Singh jee Khalsa Bhindranwale (he is the vidya ustad of Gyani Inderjit SIngh jee Raqbewale)
  • Sant Pandit Jagjit Singh jee Harkhowal
  • Sant Baba Mohinder Pratap Singh jee

Bhul chuk maaf

Thanks a lot veer :)

would you also be kind enough to give me their usual nivaas asthans, except for sant giani mohan singh jee, i know where to find him :)

• 3 weeks later...

Don't forget to visit Moti Bagh Gurdwara, in Delhi.  This Gurdwara is associated with Deshmesh Pitta Ji.  Read the link below, it gives you the address as well as some historical background of this beautiful Gurdwara.  Don't miss it.  Every time I read or think about this Gurdwara, it makes me cry.  

https://www.worldgurudwaras.com/delhi/gurudwara-moti-bagh-delhi

On August 6, 2016 at 1:18 AM, Ajbakrit said:

Gurfateh sangat ji, 

i am in india now, had the chance to visit local historical gurdwaras first

in regards to giani mohan singh ji, people are telling me that they don't meet people and just do katha on sangrand or puniya

has anyone met them?

I have met them but it was hard to meet them. It's was with gurus kirpa that I had the chance to get darshan. Otherwise we weren't allowed.

On 5 August 2016 at 10:18 PM, Ajbakrit said:

Gurfateh sangat ji, 

i am in india now, had the chance to visit local historical gurdwaras first

in regards to giani mohan singh ji, people are telling me that they don't meet people and just do katha on sangrand or puniya

has anyone met them?

Have you been to Moti Bagh Gurdwara yet?  Please don't leave it out.  Please, please make a video of it and post it for everyone to have darshans of this wonderful Gurdwara!  I will be most grateful to you.  

On 17 August 2016 at 8:58 PM, Guest guest said:

Have you been to Moti Bagh Gurdwara yet?  Please don't leave it out.  Please, please make a video of it and post it for everyone to have darshans of this wonderful Gurdwara!  I will be most grateful to you.  

Unfortunately veer/sister, delhi is 8 hours away from my place and gurdwara parbandhaks in delhi don't give rooms to sangat easily (personal experience), so delhi is not on the list :/ 

if my flight back home was from delhi, i would have gone a day earlier but i am boarding from amritsar. My apologies veer/sister, this foolish daas can't fulfil your wish

i would post pictures of other gurdwaras i have been to though

No worries!  Hope you enjoyed your trip to India.  This Gurdwara holds a special place in my heart because of its valiant  history.  It would very nice to see the photographs of the Gurdwarahs you have visited.  Please, do post them.  Thanks.

• 4 months later...

I too am planning to visit in the next few months, maybe stay for 2-3 weeks. I have always stayed with relatives in Ludhiana or Jalandhar. 

My main issue would be sorting accomodation so I can be more independent. I plan to start in Delhi (can stay with relatives there for a few nights). 

From there, in  no particular order, I wish to visit some of the following at least:

-Damdama Sahib

-Mukstsar Sahib

-Hazur Sahib

- Gurdwaras around Patiala

- Gurdwaras in HP and Haryana

Anyone able to suggest how I go about doing this?

• 2 months later...