Manrajsingh

My dad drinks 24 hours

My dad has been drinking a lot of alcohol from past few year. 2-3 weeks every 3-4 months he just goes 24 hours drinking. My family is really stressed.  We have tried everything we  could but nothing worked. I really need some help. 

Thanks

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

I am sorry to hear about your situation. How open is your father for rehabilitation, yoga-excerise or even some form of travelling sight seeing to just get out so it change the environment for him?  

7 hours ago, N30 S!NGH said:

I am sorry to hear about your situation. How open is your father for rehabilitation, yoga-excerise or even some form of travelling sight seeing to just get out so it change the environment for him?  

Veerji he is not really open to those things, like not even 1%

14 hours ago, Manrajsingh said:

My dad has been drinking a lot of alcohol from past few year. 2-3 weeks every 3-4 months he just goes 24 hours drinking. My family is really stressed.  We have tried everything we  could but nothing worked. I really need some help. 

Thanks

There must be a reason , he may be stressed or depressed , ask him what is the reason and then find the solution

14 hours ago, Manrajsingh said:

Thanks

Bro, does your father agree that drinking alcohol is a sin in Sikhism or does he justify his habit using religion?

Bhul chuk maaf

Guest guest

Hi, I'm no expert, but I don't think he's an alcoholic because of the time pattern- every 2/3 weeks.  thats a pretty regular and spaced out interval.  

maybe its his social circle e.g. particular friends.  maybe you could point this out to him.  if so, perhaps he needs to disassociate from them completely if he wants to stop this behaviour.

Guest concerned

Manrajsingh     5

• Manrajsingh
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Thanks

http://www.alcoholics-anonymous.co.uk/

http://sikhhelpline.com/

I have posted these links so you can contact them to help your dad and your family.  Try to think positive and hopefully all will be well soon.  Good luck.