Discussion on this Gurbani Pankti ?

Ragmaala

wjkk wjkf to all!

I wanted to hear you guys thoughts on this Gubani line

ਅਉਖਧ ਮੰਤ੍ਰ ਮੂਲੁ ਮਨ ਏਕੈ ਜੇ ਕਰਿ ਦ੍ਰਿੜੁ ਚਿਤੁ ਕੀਜੈ ਰੇ ॥

O mind, there is only the One medicine, mantra and healing herb - center your consciousness firmly on the One Lord.

ਜੇ ਕਰ ਦ੍ਰਿੜ ਚਿਤ ਕਰੀਏ ਤੌ ਅਗ੍ਯਾਨ ਰੋਗ ਕੀ ਨਿਵਿਰਤੀ ਕੋ ਅਉਖਧ ਔਰ ਕਾਮਾਦੀ ਸਰਪੋਂ ਕੀ ਵਿਖ ਨਿਵਿਰਤਕ ਮੰਤ੍ਰ (ਮੂਲੁ) ਸਰਬ ਕੀ ਆਦਿ ਰੂਪ ਏਕ ਵਾਹਗੁਰੂ ਮਨ ਮੇਂ ਹੀ ਹੈ॥

6522 ਗਉੜੀ (ਮ: ੧) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੧੫੬ ਪੰ. ੩
Raag Gauri Chaytee Guru Nanak Dev

ਜਨਮ ਜਨਮ ਕੇ ਪਾਪ ਕਰਮ ਕੇ ਕਾਟਨਹਾਰਾ ਲੀਜੈ ਰੇ ॥੧॥

Take to the Lord, the Destroyer of the sins and karma of past incarnations. ||1||

ਜਨਮ ਜਨਮਾਂਤ੍ਰਾਂ ਕੇ ਜੋ ਸੰਚਿਤ ਪਾਪ ਕਰਮ ਹੈਂ ਤਿਨੋਂ ਕੇ ਨਿਵਿਰਤ ਕਰਨੇ ਵਾਲਾ ਜੋ ਨਾਮ ਹੈ ਤਿਸ ਕੋ ਲਈਐ॥੧॥

Which mantar are Guru ji referring to ?  The Mool mantra or Naam in general.

I personally take it as an intruction for myself to jap Moolmantra. Should I just go with my personal intuition.

What are your thoughts ?

Thanks

@Lucky   waheguru ji!   that is a very deep insight. Thanks . We need more discussions like these.

ਜੇ ਕਰ ਦ੍ਰਿੜ ਚਿਤ ਕਰੀਏ ਤੌ ਅਗ੍ਯਾਨ ਰੋਗ ਕੀ ਨਿਵਿਰਤੀ ਕੋ ਅਉਖਧ ਔਰ ਕਾਮਾਦੀ ਸਰਪੋਂ ਕੀ ਵਿਖ ਨਿਵਿਰਤਕ ਮੰਤ੍ਰ (ਮੂਲੁ) ਸਰਬ ਕੀ ਆਦਿ ਰੂਪ ਏਕ ਵਾਹਗੁਰੂ ਮਨ ਮੇਂ ਹੀ ਹੈ॥ ਜਨਮ ਜਨਮਾਂਤ੍ਰਾਂ ਕੇ ਜੋ ਸੰਚਿਤ ਪਾਪ ਕਰਮ ਹੈਂ ਤਿਨੋਂ ਕੇ ਨਿਵਿਰਤ ਕਰਨੇ ਵਾਲਾ ਜੋ ਨਾਮ ਹੈ ਤਿਸ ਕੋ ਲਈਐ॥੧॥

So basically Guru ji is saying to get your chit pakka in One... which can be done through Waheguru, Moolmantra or Gurbani. Individuals choice right.

Yeah, Gurbani is deep ocean, the more time we spend on it, the more we will learn & find new insights.

Dhan Guru Nanak!

Yep, it's your choice with whatever you find suitable. Remember that Man-tar in simplified words is Man=Mind ..and Tar=tool..  Man-tar is a tool to help settle the consciousness/chit in a Single place....and that place is in sift salah and pure attention  towards the ONE Akaal Purakh.

Don't get lost and pre-occupied with mantars or you will keep going in roundabouts in that single place..

Get your Chit pakkha, and your entrance into sacha darbar will start to become pakkha as well.