Navel displacement - Dharan

Sat1176

sometimes a displaced navel can be caused by umbilical hernia.  hernia basically when your muscle was gets weak and intestines find a way to get through. it might be good idea to consult a doc.

umbilical_hernia01.jpg

is your navel displaced like below picture ? if so it might be umbilical hernia...and in that case please consult your GP.

C169-V444-T2-I868-S4.jpg

Just now, Sat1176 said:

Yes my mid section is chubby. 

My Dharan seems to shift to the right. Got my mother to massage it a couple of times and the aches in the legs and feet have subsided. Mine happens when I lift heavy objects. 

Just now, Sat1176 said:

My Dharan seems to shift to the right. Got my mother to massage it a couple of times and the aches in the legs and feet have subsided. Mine happens when I lift heavy objects. 

try not to lift heavy objects too much.

Make sure that your stance is correct and balanced when lifting and also a good idea to tense navel area by tucking it inward every time you have to bend down or bend forward.

Actually, a good idea to keep energy concentrated there by keeping it slightly tucked when doing anything physical, walking, standing, stairs...

Try doing the planks as exercises if the asanas are too awkward or you feel mid-section is chubby.

15 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

sometimes a displaced navel can be caused by umbilical hernia.  hernia basically when your muscle was gets weak and intestines find a way to get through. it might be good idea to consult a doc.

umbilical_hernia01.jpg

is your navel displaced like below picture ? if so it might be umbilical hernia...and in that case please consult your GP.

C169-V444-T2-I868-S4.jpg

Not sure what is wrong with the bottom picture. That photo is of someone who had surgery. I can feel no protrusions. 

@ragmaala

I'm not too sure, but I was under the impression that if your dharan is displaced, then this leads to many medical problems like hernias, IBS, gall bladder etc.  I didn't think that hernias cause displacement of dharan but dharan displacement can cause hernias..

Dharan is not the physical navel but is situated behind it isn't it?  

I don't  think that conventional medic profession has a term for it ?

hmm true there is no medical equivalent for dharan...

the closest i could think of was hernias...basically the muscle walls getting weaker ( thus, the strengthening) & peritoneal content trying to protrude out. 

If there is no visible protrusion, the doc might not do anything about it yet unless you are complaining of stomach pain due to strangulation of intestine stuck in muscle walls...then that is a true emergency. also they might do an mri of abdomen to clearly see any hernias...

But I dont think its hernia yet in Sats case.  but if you start getting constipation, abdominal pain & tenderness, fever , vomiting or any visble bulge ..please see ur doc fast.

But yea, i cant think of anything related to dharan in medicine. And if dharan is something non-physical like the yoga nadis etc then that is completey different ballgame.

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 5:27 AM, Sat1176 said:

Anyone know any self help techniques to centralise the Dharan?

Dharan is also known by Solar Plexus. I personally found that the best option is to use the Vacuum Method via "Nabhi Pump". But there are couple of other techniques which might be useful in your case:

Look for "How to fix Solar Plexus" section in this page: http://satgur.net/HealthIssue/Detail/22

9 hours ago, Sat1176 said:

Not sure I would be confident to try the vacuum method on my own, but as an improvise maybe I can use the suction of a vacuum cleaner placed on the navel. :lol:

It seems like you've a raw idea of the next generation equipment. But remember to get the Patent, otherwise your free and helpful innovation might be tagged as pseudoscience. Traditional healers might not have the vacuum cleaners, otherwise why would they use many different kinds of cupping techniques (Wet, Dry, Myofascial, Heating, Myofascial).

Anyways, humor aside, creating vacuum inside a cup is not equivalent to the suction. The technical name is: Myofascial cupping where mechanical suction equipment is to create the required vacuum and once vacuum is created, then the mechanical force is required. I don't think vacuum cleaner could maintain the vacuum unless constant suction is created which might have the different effect.

In India, the technique (creating vacuum with the help of horn, cotton ball ) is very well known and century old; which is known as "Singe Lagvane" (in village terminology) a.k.a Horn Therapy. The Nabhi Pump is the modern innovation but not as effective as the Horn therapy but at the same time it is very easy to implement.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Seva Dass

Here are a couple of insights about anyone who is misled into thinking there is any such thing as "dharan"

1. Navel is the remnant of the umbilical cord or blood vessel nourishing the baby in the womb (ok I am sure everyone knows that) however what you may not know is that navel is the only place where muscles never really close - so where the navel is we have skin (epidermis, dermis) and the peritoneum and if press hard your finger can go right in your abdominal cavity (NEVER DO THAT)

2. All our internals organs are controlled by one major nerve which comes directly from the brain - the mighty VAGAL, it controls the heart, breathing rate, all our internal gastrointestinal secretions and motility, filtration of blood via our kidneys, our liver, bile, pancreas - vagal is not the only control - it is part of the parasympathetic system but I want to keep things simple here. 

3. This is important - how our internal organs are controlled - we are not aware of - the sensation of kidneys filtering blood, gall bladder secreting bile, GI motility, pancreas secreting digestive juice etc etc - we are not aware of any of that. 

4. The most likely cause of stiffness, pain - if unexplained is - lack of excercise. If you rule out hernia (inguinal, hiatal, umbilical, femoral) and importantly if there is no acid-base imbalance (major reason for panic attack), irritating the vagal or any other reason which your general practitioner or senior hospital consultant cannot find then try just to relax, slowly build up muscle mass, reduce fat, eat all types of food, drink plenty of water and trust your body to heal itself - in 90% of cases it does heal itself quite successfully.

hope the above helps

• 8 months later...
On Sunday, October 02, 2016 at 6:26 AM, Sat1176 said:

If anyone are suffering navel dharan contact me 8118809793

On Sunday, September 25, 2016 at 4:57 PM, Sat1176 said:

Anyone know any self help techniques to centralise the Dharan? Mine feels very uncomfortable and aches and pains are running down my entire legs and feet.

On Sunday, October 02, 2016 at 6:26 AM, Sat1176 said:

If you have navel displaced problem contact me on 8118809793