What happens if a Amritdhari lied does he has be pesh in front of the Panj Pyaare?

Suthra Shah teaches how to Speak the Truth

"The Guru was present, sutra then put the langar in a plate, and said to the guru who should eat first guru ji, guru ji said who you love most give to them first. sutra thought about it, and then started to eat it himself. the sangat was shocked, sutra then replied to the sangat i am going by the gurus hukam, first pangat and then sangat! first my stomach is calling, then everything else comes next!! Then he fed the Guru."

From the quote in Bal Rehal's post.

Speaking truth is not about speaking the correct thing. Speaking truth is whatever is true to your experience.

No one is more honest than Suthra even when he is bringing in crap and passing it off as a present for Guru Sahib, just to see Guru Sahib.

He is acting from the core of his being.

What he embodies, he expresses.

That is speaking truth.

On 11/18/2016 at 9:18 PM, tva prasad said:

I agree. Lying isn't always bad. There is sakhi of suthra shah. He was a poor man, the guru's sevadaars (they knew that he was poor) asked him to bring something for the guru or they would not let him go in. Suthra filled with bairaag returned home. He then came back with a sack. He asked the guards if he could go in. They asked him what he had brought. He said he had brought a sack full of sugar. He then met guru ji and said the sack was actually full of sand. His love for guru ji is immense.

Bro, Baba Suthre Shah jee did not lie. Baba jee said that he has brought "gifts" for Sri Satguru jee. Gifts could mean anything. Baba jee used a tact to get pass the guards. It was Sri Satguru jee who mentioned about sweets and money.

Also, Baba jee was a Brahamgyani. He could have converted those broken pots and sand into money, by doing Ardas, in case the guards had decided to check his bags.

Bhul chuk maaf

1 hour ago, BhagatSingh said:

Suthra Shah teaches how to Speak the Truth

"The Guru was present, sutra then put the langar in a plate, and said to the guru who should eat first guru ji, guru ji said who you love most give to them first. sutra thought about it, and then started to eat it himself. the sangat was shocked, sutra then replied to the sangat i am going by the gurus hukam, first pangat and then sangat! first my stomach is calling, then everything else comes next!! Then he fed the Guru."

IMHO, Baba Suthre Shah jee, through the above sakhi, was exposing the selfish nature of a human. 

There are other sakhis too, where he exposes the hypocrisies of the human mind. He used his hilarious methods to put impostors to shame.

He was a Brahamgyani and well above most human instincts/weaknesses. He used practical means to teach Gurmat to the sangat.

Bhul chuk maaf

On 11/18/2016 at 7:42 PM, Ragmaala said:

I remember the story of Bhai Bidi Chand Ji who stole horses to get the khushi of Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji Maharaj.

Bro, Baba jee did not steal the horses. It was the Mughals who stole the horses (Dilbagh and Gulbagh) from a Sikh. Baba jee brought the stolen horses back to the rightful owner (Sri Satguru jee).

Bhul chuk maaf

10 hours ago, paapiman said:

He was a Brahamgyani and well above most human instincts/weaknesses. He used practical means to teach Gurmat to the sangat.

This is where you are wrong. Brahmgyanis are not above human instincts and desires in the way you think they are. To say that Brahmgyanis don't have desires in the way you understand it, is simply not true.

1. To be "above desire" is to be aware of it. To say Brahmgyanis don't have desires means - Brahmgyanis are hyper aware of their desires and their desires do not control them, the desires do not run their lives. Their desires are tools, not the tool-users.

Your desires are your tools. You must make this distinction and learn to see this in yourself. You can be Brahmgyani in one instant if you see this.

2. And they only speak the truth. They say what they embody and if they embody silence then they are silent.

3. So Suthra ji was experiencing hunger, but he could have gone full day or weeks etc without eating if he needed to. He was hungry and Guru Sahib had said, whoever you think is most hungry, feed him first. 

4. Suthra ji looked inside himself and acted truthfully (truthful living). The first person he saw as hungry, was himself. So then Suthra fed himself.

This is speaking the truth. None could be more truthful than this. It would be especially hard to speak the truth like this in the company of Guru Sahib or someone you think is important.

5. The "technically correct" thing to do from public perspective, was to feed Guru Sahib, but Waheguru is not looking for "correct" things to do. Waheguru feeds on a diet of Truth. The correct thing to do from the perspective of Waheguru is to speak the truth.

6. Now just because Suhtra ji fed himself, doens't mean you should feed yourself in this manner. Paapiman maybe if you were in place of Suthra ji, and you felt your hunger but saw that Guru Sahib needed to eat first, then if you fed Guru Sahib then you would also be speaking the truth.

Doing the correct thing =/= speaking the truth. It is different for everybody.

14 hours ago, BhagatSingh said:

1. To be "above desire" is to be aware of it. To say Brahmgyanis don't have desires means - Brahmgyanis are hyper aware of their desires and their desires do not control them, the desires do not run their lives. Their desires are tools, not the tool-users.

Do you know about "Afur Avastha"? Have you read the life of Baba Gurbaksh Singh jee Ramkuir?

Bhul chuk maaf

On 11/18/2016 at 7:42 PM, Ragmaala said:

same thing with the story of saint & cows, his par-upkar was greater than lying

@samurai 

There are two sakhis in this context.

One is when Dharamraj jee tests Yudhister jee. He takes the form of a butcher and runs after a cow (which has earlier been seen by Yudhister jee). He then asks him if he has seen the cow. Yudhister jee is caught in a dilemma. If he says the truth, the innocent cow (who is like a mother) is killed, but he cannot lie too, as he is a Satvadi Purash. So he replies by saying that Eyes can see, but cannot speak. The tongue can speak, but cannot see.

Another sakhi is when a Sadhu is asked by a real butcher about a cow (which was earlier seen by the Sadhu). The Sadhu does not say anything, but points in the direction, where the cow went. The butcher is able to catch the cow and kill it. In his next life, the Sadhu receives the punishment of an amputation (of hand), as his information was responsible for the death of the cow. (This sakhi shows that even stating the Truth can cause Lekha)

Which sakhi are you guys referring to? Can you please share it?

Thanks

Bhul chuk maaf

https://archive.org/stream/BhaiBaleWaliJanamSakhi#page/n369/mode/1up

The above sakhi... is interesting as it narrates how a thief who heard just one line from the daramshala  - which is that Devis do not blink their eyes and do not have a shadow, got saved. He was saved despite having stolen a lot of the kings jewels. 

(Another example of how Naam saves people)

This however does not justify wrong doing and lying. 

23 hours ago, Bal Rehal said:

https://archive.org/stream/BhaiBaleWaliJanamSakhi#page/n369/mode/1up

The above sakhi... is interesting as it narrates how a thief who heard just one line from the daramshala  - which is that Devis do not blink their eyes and do not have a shadow, got saved. He was saved despite having stolen a lot of the kings jewels. 

(Another example of how Naam saves people)

This however does not justify wrong doing and lying. 

The thief lied, but was still saved by the bachan he heard from the sangat. Not to forget that he was a very fortunate man as he had darshan of Sri Satguru jee.

The bawd was unlucky though. She was right, but was hanged.

Bhul chuk maaf

• 7 months later...

who chooses the panj piyaray, and how do we know they are not playing dress-up bana, ie they just wear the bana and shastar but have no training and therefore are not really following rehit anyway?

• 2 years later...
On 7/24/2017 at 5:05 PM, ipledgeblue said:

who chooses the panj piyaray, and how do we know they are not playing dress-up bana, ie they just wear the bana and shastar but have no training and therefore are not really following rehit anyway?

Veer ji you are 100% true and i agree with you. I have seen myself people doing panj pyare sewa and attending party halls with meat & alcohol being served. 

So its really hard to understand who is following correct marayda nowdays.

• 1 month later...
On 2/19/2020 at 2:52 AM, Soulfinder said:

Veer ji you are 100% true and i agree with you. I have seen myself people doing panj pyare sewa and attending party halls with meat & alcohol being served. 

So its really hard to understand who is following correct marayda nowdays.

so what if the panj pyararay sewak practises jhatka maryada but then goes to a place where meat is served??????

21 minutes ago, ipledgeblue said:

so what if the panj pyararay sewak practises jhatka maryada but then got to a place where meat is served??????

Veer ji that is a very good question because its hard to work out as its not written on anyones face who practises jhatka and doesn't as nobody is a mahapursh with antarjamat.

Secondly if they the member does do jathka then he shouldn't being going to places which serve meat sharaab etc. As i have seen 2 people who serve as panj pyare that went to a party with meat sharaab and the gurdwara commitee where all drinking alcohol and eating meat apart from those 2 guys. 3rd guy kept a cat in his house feeding it meat.

3 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

As i have seen 2 people who serve as panj pyare that went to a party with meat sharaab and the gurdwara commitee where all drinking alcohol and eating meat apart from those 2 guys. 3rd guy kept a cat in his house feeding it meat.

maybe he feeds billee jee jhatka? 😄