Your favorite Sikhi book?

amardeep

On 21/6/2017 at 1:53 AM, Kuttabanda2 said:

As for my favorite texts, I can't really point to one particular text, But I can make a list haha. 

I've fallen in love with Bhai Nand Lal Ji's works, specifically the ones in Persian, knowing Persian culture, medeival Indic Vairaagi; Sikh & Sufi-Shia Mysticism, and most importantly the Persian language, the work can be recognized for being the precious jewel that it is. 

The Panth Prakash Granths, by both Gyani Gyan Singh Ji and Bhai Rattan Singh Bhangu are inspiring to me.

Sri Dasam Granth Sahib is obsessively fascinating to me, with it's various ideals and concepts, as well as the style of writing. 

The Rehatnamas (Bhai Daya Singh's, Bhai Nand Lal's, Bhai Desa Singh's, Bijay Mukat Marag, and Bhai Chaupa Singh's) provide knowledge on abiding by the Khalsa code of conduct-living, Khalsa ethics, and the importance thereof. 

Have you read Louis Fenech's analysis of the Ghazals of Bhai Nand Lal and the Persian poet Hafez? It's from 1994