Bhatt vahis discussion by Dr. Anurag Singh

chatanga1

Dr Anurag Singh , a lifelong researcher of Sikh history and author of several books on Sikh history has along with Giani Gurprret Singh of california, held several discussions on Bhatt Vahis, after they were brought up in a recent discussion in the Panth over the "bhora" issue of Guru tegh Bahadur Ji.

This is part one. It is realy worth listening to as it contains a lot of info that we don't see these days anymore (obscure or unpublished manuscripts):

• 1 month later...

I did ask Anurag Singh about publication of some important texts and manuscripts, but he replied that no-one is interested in doing this. The SGPC especially. But digital publication would the way to go. It would be much easier than a printed publication, although i prefer printed myself.

I wonder if we will ever see an interactive Guru Granth Sahib.

11 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

I did ask Anurag Singh about publication of some important texts and manuscripts, but he replied that no-one is interested in doing this. The SGPC especially. But digital publication would the way to go. It would be much easier than a printed publication, although i prefer printed myself.

I wonder if we will ever see an interactive Guru Granth Sahib.

Hahaha. I'm not surprised, not a lot of people in the Punjabi-speaking community are interested in 'books'. Jughera di kaum. 

6 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

No, I wonder why though. We do our matha to a massive granth, which we accept as Guru, yet are quite averse to reading.

The average Sikh has prioritized financial, social, and personal success/prosperity (i.e Avarice) over faith.  Both can be central to one's life and thought, with Sikhi taking precedence with no compromise to the former.  But apne don't think that way.  Dharam for them, are a set of traditions and beliefs convenient to their lifestyle and a cultural nuance they put up with.  It's a product of this modern individual-centric social mentality, that supersedes and suppresses a wider sense of communal identity, belonging, and responsibility, a reason why Daswand isn't so widely practiced anymore among Sikhs anymore as they have developed apathy and indifference for fellow Sikhs.  Due to this, they don't study their faith, or even read for pleasure or intellectual enrichment, thus books become irrelevant and unimportant for such these dull 'Sikhs'.  Also a reason why we have Sikh kids growing up in Sikh households with little to no awareness and interest in the faith and community they were brought up with.

• 6 years later...
On 6/21/2017 at 4:27 PM, chatanga1 said:

I did ask Anurag Singh about publication of some important texts and manuscripts, but he replied that no-one is interested in doing this. The SGPC especially.