Nitnem - Who compiled it?

unbreakable

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

A simple question. Who compiled the Nitnem. Who decided which banis to take and why specially those banis?

i have always heard from people that it was Bhai Mani Singh who compiled Nitnem and because he did this act of separating bani from Siri SatGuru Granth Sahib Ji, SatGuru Gobind Singh Ji told him he will meet his fate in a similar fashion. 

But I have been searching online for some sort of reference for this story and I can't find any. Also I can't find any source about who complied Nitnem banis. 

I am asking because we were discussing in our group and this topic came up. 

Hope someone here can help

waheguru Ji ka Khalsa waheguru Ji Ji fateh

On 4/30/2017 at 5:55 PM, unbreakable said:

i have always heard from people that it was Bhai Mani Singh who compiled Nitnem and because he did this act of separating bani from Siri SatGuru Granth Sahib Ji, SatGuru Gobind Singh Ji told him he will meet his fate in a similar fashion. 

But I have been searching online for some sort of reference for this story and I can't find any.

The story of the curse given to Amar Shaheed Sriman 108 Baba Mani Singh jee is mentioned in Prachin Panth Prakash (Episode 93). It says that Baba jee made alterations to the saroop of Sri Aad Satguru Granth Sahib jee Maharaaj. This event occurs after Sri Satguru jee (Tenth Master) had merged into Akal Purakh.

Baba jee was a Gurmukh Brahamgyani, who had achieved the state of "Badeh Mukti". Sri Satguru jee (Tenth Master) had given him the boon that even if his body was dismembered, his spiritual state would not be affected. 

Bhul chuk maaf

11 hours ago, paapiman said:

The story of the curse given to Amar Shaheed Sriman 108 Baba Mani Singh jee is mentioned in Prachin Panth Prakash (Episode 93). It says that Baba jee made alterations to the saroop of Sri Aad Satguru Granth Sahib jee Maharaaj. This event occurs after Sri Satguur jee (Tenth Master) had merged into Akal Purakh.

Baba jee was a Gurmukh Brahamgyani, who had achieved the state of "Badeh Mukti". Sri Satguru jee (Tenth Master) had given him the boon that even if his body was dismembered, his spiritual state would not be affected. 

Bhul chuk maaf

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I found this

http://sikhinstitute.org/sgpp_ful_vol_2.pdf

however it doesn't mention what type of modifications or alterations he made

any further help would be of great help

Edited by unbreakable
Source found

I don't remember the source, but I've read/heard somewhere that Bhai Mani Singh Ji actually separated/broken-into-words the Guru sahib i.e originally it was Larivaar saroop (continuous words without any break), and he wrote a saroop with separate words for easier understanding.

Now, I don't know if this story is right or wrong; but this is what I've heard.

2 hours ago, das said:

I don't remember the source, but I've read/heard somewhere that Bhai Mani Singh Ji actually separated/broken-into-words the Guru sahib i.e originally it was Larivaar saroop (continuous words without any break), and he wrote a saroop with separate words for easier understanding.

Now, I don't know if this story is right or wrong; but this is what I've heard.

That's also my understanding.

9 hours ago, das said:

As far as I know th4e nitnem would only have been laid down by guru Sahib. Bhai Mani Singh according to bansawalinama created a granth which contained only the writings og the Gurus. Bhai Sahib in this granth omitted the writings of the bhagats/bhatts etc.

5 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

Bhai Mani Singh according to bansawalinama created a granth which contained only the writings og the Gurus. Bhai Sahib in this granth omitted the writings of the bhagats/bhatts etc.

Why did Baba jee do that? Does it explain?

Bhul chuk maaf

On 5/3/2017 at 8:04 PM, unbreakable said:

Guys please put your input into this and if you can please cite sources aswell. 

Sri Japji Sahib jee, Sri Jaap Sahib jee and Sri Sodar Rehraas Sahib jee are mentioned in Sakhi Rehat ki (Rehatnama).

These Gurbanis, along with Sri Kirtan Sohila Sahib jee are also mentioned in Bhai Desa Singh Rehatnama.

Bhul chuk maaf