Inter faith marriage

Hi All, 

I had a discussion with a friend and the topic came up of interfaith marriage and we were thinking about the number of people we knew between us that married out of Sikhi and between us we came up with 12 people. Then it kind of struck me if two of us could name 12 then perhaps 6 of us could name 36 then 12 of us could name 72 and so on and so on.

If we could name that many people who have married out of Sikhi shouldn't it be worrying to think that what if 100 people could name 6 each = 600 families marrying out of Sikhi, protentional losing 600 generations of families. What's the likely hood of someone of mixed ethnicities marrying back into Sikhi? I'm guessing not huge.

Now imagine 100,000 Sikh people from around the world could name just 6 who married out of Sikhi = 600,000 people. Now that to me is very worrying if this current trend continues. 

I'm not against anyone marrying who they want, but the thought of Sikhi declining and the generations of families lost is a scary thought to me and upsetting as in where will Sikhi be in 100 years? 

Any thoughts on this? 

1 hour ago, ASH83 said:

Hi All, 

I had a discussion with a friend and the topic came up of interfaith marriage and we were thinking about the number of people we knew between us that married out of Sikhi and between us we came up with 12 people. 

Welcome to the forum.

Which country are you based in?

Bhul chuk maaf