Kalki Avtaar

Do you still believe that Kalki Avtaar will come into this world to save humanity?  

40 members have voted

1. 1.

• Dont Know
    • No
    • Yes

Kalki Avtaar

When we see many sinful acts before our eyes; when we see adultery here and there; when we see that thieves and robbers are enjoying; when we see that poor and hardworking people are not getting even proper food; when we see that everyone is insecure in this society; when we see our politicians living corrupt lives; when we see world powers attacking on armless countries; when we see powerful countries shedding blood of innocent children, women and men of other countries; what can we do?

We think that we have not enough power to fight against all these evils. We think that we cannot save ourselves from sinful-powers.

Is there not a light of hope for poor people? If so, this world would be like a hell. No one would be happy with anyone. Powerful, crazy and inhuman powers would rule. The poor would suffer forever.

Some intellectuals show the light of hope. They tell people to believe in golden future. The time is coming when innocent people will find themselves secure and happy. The time is coming, when a messiah will come into this world to save the innocents. The time is coming, when the savior will give us a chance to live happily.

Yes, this makes us happy. We think that there will be a time, when we would live a secure life; when we would enjoy freedom.

But, this is not enough. We are human. We want to take revenge from cruel persons, from inhuman politicians/kings. We want to see them being killed. We want to see their palaces being destroyed.

The old ‘rishis’ of ‘Bharat’ (India) knew these feelings of harassed people. They came forward to give people the hope. They said that the messiah would come and punish the culprits. The messiah will come, but it will take much time.

People asked, “When will our defender come into this world?â€

‘Rishis’ replied, “There are sins in this world, but there could be more sinful life. You must be happy that you are not living in the world, which is most sinful hell. The savior will come, when there would be more and more sinsâ€.

‘Rishis’ told that in the end of ‘Kalyug’, the savior would come to save this world and punish the culprits. The end of ‘Kalyug’ will be the beginning of ‘Satyug’.

‘Nehkalank Avtaar’ will be the savior. ‘Nehkalank’ is also known as ‘Kalki’. This is predicted by ‘Vishnu-puraan’, a famous Hindu religious book. There is a city of ‘Sambhal’ in U.P. state of India. It is said that ‘Kalki Avtaar’ will appear first in this city.

In ‘Sri Dasam Granth Sahib’, story of ‘Kalki avtaar’ has been given. We must know the fact that ‘Sri Dasam Granth Sahib’ is not predicting about arrival of ‘Kalki Avtaar’. Instead, it is just translating the believe of ‘Vashanav sampardaaye’ (a Hindu sect).

It is not always easy to translate. When I read these lines in ‘Sri Dasam Granth Sahib’, I do not know how to translate: -

“Baagarhdang beerang jaagarhdang jootey. taagarhdang teerang chhaagarhdang chhootey. Saagarhdang suaarang jaagarhdang joojhey. Kaagarhdang kope raagarhdang roojhey.(361). {page 593}.

Even though, I tried to give meanings of some words used in ‘Kalki Avtaar’ in ‘Dasam Granth’. Please forgive me if I make any mistake. Hummm…. I usually make a lot of mistakes.

In this article/post, we will try to understand the point of ‘Sri Dasam Granth Sahib’ about ‘Kalki Avtaar’.

When quoting from ‘Sri Dasam Granth’, the brackets ( ) have been used to write stanza number and the brackets { } have been used to write page number.

When will ‘Kalki Avtaar’ come into this sinful world?

When there would be sins and sins everywhere. Mother will have sexual relation with her own son. Father will enjoy his own daughter; brother will enjoy his own sister.

Here are the actual words of ‘Kalki Avtaar’ in ‘Sri Dasam Granth Sahib’: -

“Bhaant bhaant tan ho utpaata. Putreh sej sovat lai maata.(2).†{Page 571}

And,

“Suta pita tan ramat nishanka. Bhagni bharat bharaat kah anka. Bharaat behan tan karat bihaara. Istri taji sakal sansaara.(3).†{Page 571}

There will be many sects. With a new day, there will be a new religion, but those religions will not live long: -

“Ek divas chalai koyu mat doyey dios chalaahengey…..(22).†{Page 573}

And,

“Naye nit matang uthhai ek eking. Karai nit anarathang anekang anekang.(49).†{Page 575} [matang=believes, religions, sects]

The ‘Gurus’ of such religions will call themselves ‘the God’:-

“Aap aap parbraham kahai hai. Neech ooch kah sees na naihai….(12).†{Page 572}

There will be no ‘dharam’ in this world. There will be sins and sins on every step. Even Gurus will have bad relations with their Sikhs’ wives. And Sikhs will sleep with their Guru’s wife: -

“Dharam bharam udyo jahaan tahaan paap pag pag hoyenge. Nij sikh naar guru ramai, gur daara so sikh soyenge….(25).†{Page 573}

People will not show respect for their old religious books (as ‘Vedas’ for Hindus and ‘Kuraan’ for Muslims): -

“Nahi Bed baak pramaan hain. Mat bhinn bhinn bakhaan hain.(61). Naa kuran ko mat lehnge. Na puraan dhekhan dehnge.(62).†{Page 575}

People will worship stones: -

“Paahan pujai hain, ek na dhiyai hain, mat ke adhak adhera…..(71).†{Page 576}

And,

“Paahan ko su karat sabh bandan…(79).†{Page 576}

In that time, the saints will be frightened. They will be sad. Sinful people will rule and there will everything in their houses: -

“Saadhu satras. Jah tah udaas. Papeen raj. Greh sarab saaj.(104).†{Page 578}

The distressed earth goes to the God (Kaal purakh) and prays before him: -

“Paapaakraant dhra bhyee, pal na sakat thhaharaye. Kaal purakh ko dhyan dhar rovat bhyee banaaye….(139).†{Page 581}

To save the poor, holy God comes into this world. At the end of ‘Kalyug’, there will be ‘Satyug’. To destroy the evil powers, He will come: -

“Deenan kee rachhchha nimat kar hai aap upaaye. Param purakh paavan sada aap pragat hai aaye. Aap pragat hai aaye, deen rachhchha ke kaaran. Avtaarees vtaar dhara ke bhaar utaaran.(139). Kaljug ke anteh samai Satjug laagat aad. Deenan kee rachhchha leeye dhar hai roop anaad. Dhar hai roop anaad kaleh kavatak keh bhaaree. Shatran ke naasaarth namit avtaar avtaaree.(140).†{Page 581}

To destroy all the sins (sinful people), He will be called ‘Kalki Avtaar’. He will kill them with sword. The city of ‘Sambhal’(in India) is lucky. Har ji (Kalki Avtaar) will come to Harmandir (Sahib): -

“Paap sambooh binaasan ko Kalkee avtaar kahaavaingey. Turkachhchh turang sapachhchh bado kar kaardhh Kripaan khapaavaingey. Nikasey jim kehar parbat te tas sobh divaalay paavaingey. Bhal bhaag bhaya eh Sambhal ke har joo Harmandar aavaingey.(141).†{Page 581}

The line ‘Bhal bhaag bhaya eh Sambhal ke har joo Harmandar aavaingey.’ has been used 16 times in ‘Kalki Avtaar’ in ‘Sri Dasam Granth Sahib’.

Unlike ‘Narsingh Avtaar’, ‘Kalki Avtaar’ will be handsome and smart: -

“Roop anoop saroop maha lakh dev adev lajaavaingey….(142).†{Page 481}

And,

“Roop anoop saroop maha ang dekh anang lajaavaingey….(151).†{Page 582}

He will ride on a horse: -

“Khag kaadhh abhang nishang hathhi, rann rang turang nachaavaingey…..(144).†{Page 581}

‘Kalki Avtaar’ will use several weapons: -

“Teer tufang kamaan surang during nikhang suhaavaingey. Barchhi ar bairakh baan dhuja pat baat lagey phaharavaingey….(147).†{Page 582}

And,

“Kauch kripaan kataaree kamaan su rang nikhang chhakaavaingey. Barchhee ar dhhaal gada parso, kar sool trishool bhramaavaingey. At krudhatt hvai rann moordhan mo, sar ogh praogh chalaavaingey. Bhal bhaag bhya eh Sambhal ke, har joo harmandar aavaingey.(148).†{ Page 582}

‘Kalghi’ is the ornament for head. He, who wears ‘kalghi’ on his turban, is called ‘kalghidhar’. ‘Kalki Avtaar’ will be ‘Kalghidhar’ : -

“Kalghi gajgaah gada barchhee geh paan kripaan bhramaavaingey. Jag paap sambooh binaasan ko, Kalki Kal dharma chalaavaingey……(154).†{Page 583}

Interestingly, from now, past tense has been used, as if all these already have been happened. I think the author did not want people to wait for ‘Kalki Avtaar’. He used past tense, so that people could take it as a normal story.

I believe that when people take up arms to fight against unreligious and cruel political powers, ‘Kalki Avtaar’ himself is there. Guru Arjan Dev Ji Maharaj says, “Farida, Khaalak khalak meh, khalak vasai rabb maaheyâ€. {Translation: O Fareed! the Creator is in the Creation, and the Creation abides in God.}. (Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Mahla 5, page 1381) If so, then people fighting against cruel political powers are actually ‘Kalki Avtaar’ fighting against the bad governments.

According to ‘Kalki Avtaar’ (in Sri Dasam Granth Sahib), There was (will be) a Brahman. He was (will be) very talented man. He used to (will) worship the goddess daily, who killed ‘Dhoomar lochan’, a devil.

“Teh bipp ek. Jeh gun anek.(163). {page 583} Nit japat bipar debi prachand. Jeh keen dhoomra lochan dukhand….(164).†{Page 583}

[bipp=Brahman. debi=goddess]

His wife was a bad woman: -

“Greh huti taas istree kuchaar….(166).†{Page 584}

[Greh=home. taas=his. istree=woman/wife]

She wanted to stop her husband worshipping the goddess. When she failed to do so, she complained before the king, who was against the worshipping of goddess. The king got the Brahman arrested and said him not to worship goddess: -

“Triyaa baach pat so. Keh kaaj moorh sevant dev…..(167).†{Page 584}

[Triyaa=woman. Keh kaaj=for what. moorh=stupid]

And,

“Tab kurhi naar chit ros thhaan. Sambhal naresh tan kahi aan.(170). Poojant deve deeno dikhaye. Tehh gaha kop kar shoodar raaye. Geh taahey adhik deenee sazaaye. Kai hanat toh, kai jap naa maaye.(171).†{Page 584}

[Tab=then. naar=woman. chit=mind. kahi=told. gaha=caught/arrested. sazaaye=punishment. hanat=kill. maaye=mother/goddess]

Brahman said, “Even if you cut me into two pieces, I will not left the worship: -

“Keejai dukhand, nahi tajon sev. Sun leho saach tuh kaho dev. Kiyon na hohey took tan ke hazaar. Nahi tajon paanyey devi udaar.(173).†{Page 584}

When they tried to kill him, Brahman prayed before God. God said him that He would save him and kill the many enemies. Then with a great whistling sound, there appeared ‘Kalki Avtaar’: -

“Jab lagey den tehh tegh taan. Tab keeyo Kaal ko bipar dhyaan.(176). Jab keeyo chit mo bipar dhayaan. Tehh deen daras tan Kaal aan. Nahi karo chint chit maanjh ek. Tav het shatra han hai anek.(177). Tab pari shoonk bhoraih majhaar. Upjyo aan Kalkivataar…..(178).†{Page 584}

[Jab=when. bipar=Brahman. dhyaan=meditate/remember. chit=mind. Kaal=God. chint=worry. shatra=anemies. shoonk=whistling sound. Upjyo=appeared]

With anger, ‘Kalki Avtaar’ killed four hundred soldiers with an axe: -

“Kar kop Kal Avtaar. Geh paan ajaan kuthhaar. Tankek keen prahaar. Bhat jhoojh gayo sai chaar.(188).†{Page 585}

[Kar kop=with anger. kuthhaar=axe. jhoojh gayo=died in battlefield]

‘Kalki Avtaar’ will be angry. He will use various weapons: -

“Kalki Avtaar risaavaingey. Bhat ogh praogh giraavaingey. Bahu bhaantan shashtra prahaaraingey. Ar ogh praogh sanghaaraingey.(307).†{Page 590}

[risaavaingey=will be angry. shashtra=weapons]

In the battlefield, Sri Kalki Avtaar killed the king of ‘Sambhal’ city: -

“Sambhar naresh mareyo nidaan….(451).â€{Page 601}

[sambhar naresh=the king of ‘Sambhal’. mareyo=killed. nidaan=at last]

Kalki Avtaar had his own army: -

“Buleyo sarab sainang. Karey rakt nainang.(456).â€{Page 601}

[sarab=all. sainang=army. rakt nainang=red eyes]

After killing the king of Sambhal, Kalki Avtaar started to conquer the world. He attacked on Kabul, Babul, Kandhaar, Iraq, Balkh, and Rome etc. and killed those who dared to fight against him: -

“Hanney Kaablee Baablee beer baankey. Kandhaaree Harevee Iraaqi nisaakey. Bali Baalkhee Roh Roomi rajeeley. Bhajey traas kai kai bhaye band dheeley.(462).†{Page 601}.

[Kaablee=who belongs to the city of ‘Kabul’. Kandhaaree=who belongs to the city of ‘Kandhaar’]

Kalki killed the enemies in Kashmir, Bangas, Russia etc.: -

“Katey Kaashmeeree hanney kashatvaaree. Kupey kaashkaaree badey chhatra-dhaaree. Bali Bangasee gorbandee gadrejee. Mahaa-moorh maajindra raanee majejee.(484). Hanney Roos Toosee kritee chitra jodhee. Hathhey Parasuyyad su khoobaan sakrodhee….(485).†{Page 603}.

[Katey=cut/killed. hanney=killed. Roos=Russia]

Kalki Avtaar killed the enemies in Bijapur, Golkunda, Dravid, Tilangaana, Vaidarbh, Bengal, Orissa (all in India) and Nepal: -

“Hanney beer Bijapuri Golkundi…..(504).†{Page 604}.

Drahee Dravarhey tej taa te Tilangi. Hatey Suratee jang bhangee phirangee.(505). Chapey chaand raja chaley chanad baasee. Badey beer Baidarbh sanros raasee……(506).†{Page 604}

“Maagadh maheep mandey mahaan. Das chaar chaar vidya nidhaan. Bangee Kuling Angee ajeet. Morang agar Naipal abheet.(508).†{Page 605}

He got victory over China, and then he went to North: -

“Cheen Macheen chheen jab leena. Uttar desh payyana keena…..(548).†{Page 607}.

[Cheen=China]

Thus, Sri Kalki Avtaar saved the saints and killed anti-saints: -

“Sant ubaar asant khapaayey.(550).†{Page 608}

[sant=saints. asant=anti-saints]

Now, ‘Satyug’ was just coming near. All people heard about this. It pleased the minds of saints. They sang the glory of God: -

“Satjug aayo. Sabh sun paayo. Mun mann bhaayo. Gun gan gaayo.(553).†{Page 608}

[aayo=came. Sabh=everyone. sun=listen. Mun=saints. mann=mind. gaayo=sang]

But unfortunately, after conquering the world, Kalki became proud. He forgot the God: -

“Jag jeeteyo jab sarab. Tab baadhhiyo at garab. Diya Kaal Purakh beesaar. Eh bhaant keen bichaar.(583). Bin moh doosar na aur. As maaneyo sab thhaur. Jag jeet keen gulaam. Aapan japaayo naam.(584).†{Page 610}.

[jab=when. at=so much. beesaar=to forget. gulaam=slave]

Kalki left the worship of God. Then the God made an other man, who killed Kalki Avtaar: -

“Nah Kaal Purakh japant. Nah dev jaap bhanant. Tab Kaal Dev risaayey. Ik aur purakh banaayey.(586). Rach as ‘Mehdi Meer’. Riswant haathh hameer. Tehh taun ko badh keen. Pun aap mo kiy leen.(587).†{Page 610}.

[Kaal Purakh=God. banaayey=created/made. badh keen=killed]

After sometime, even Mehdi Meer became victim of ‘proud’: -

“Mehdee bhareyo tab garab. Jag jeeteyo jab sarab….(2).†{‘Mehdi’, ‘Sri Dasam Granth Sahib’, page 610}.

[garab=proud]

Now, God made a small insect, which entered into his ear and killed him: -

“Ik keet deen upaayey. Tis kaan paithho jaaye.(10). Dhas keet kaanan beech. Tis jeeteyo jim neech. Bahu bhaant de dukh taahey. Eh bhaant maareyo taahey.(11).†{‘Mehdi’, ‘Sri Dasam Granth Sahib’, page 610-611}.

[keet=insect. kaan=ear. paithho=entered. maareyo=killed]

Thus, we see that ‘Sri Dasam Granth’ does not say that ‘Kalki Avtaar’ will come into this world. The story of ‘Kalki’ has been given as a translation (though with some changes), as stories of other avatars (incarnations) are given. This is ‘Chaubees Avtaar’ (24 incarnations), so it is natural that the story of ‘last and 24th incarnation has been written in Sri Dasam Granth.

So, dear Khalsa ji, no Kalki Avtaar will come into this world to save humanity. There is no need of Kalki Avtaar either. Khalsa is already there to do what is needed; only thing required is to wake the Khalsa up.

-Amrit Pal Singh 'Amrit'

www.amritweb.com

thanx for spending so much time writing that out for us amrit.. very much appreciated :yo: . ill have to read a few times to understand it all properly :P

whether its a story or a prediction.. theres no need for us to wait for him/it to appear. our guide is sri guru granth sahib ji and it will lead us onto the right path to destroy all enemies :D :bow:

Thank you very much.

I promised to give information about 'Kalki Avtaar' and I kept my word. I wanted to add views of 'Sainapati', who was one of Guru Gobind Singh Ji's poets, but I thought that this article already has been made so lengthy, so I did not give his views.

If needed, I will try to give information about Sainapati's view.

In Sri Dasam Granth, we see this line, "Bhal bhaag bhya eh sambhal ke Har joo Harmandar aavaingey"; and Sainapati writes in his book 'Gur Sobha', "Bhal bhaag bhya tum taahey kaho, Garh Aanand pher basaavaingey." Don't you find it intresting?

Thank you,

-Amrit Pal Singh 'Amrit'

I wanted to add views of 'Sainapati', who was one of Guru Gobind Singh Ji's poets, but I thought that this article already has been made so lengthy, so I did not give his views.

Feel free to post as we are here to learn and this is the purpose of this site.

Regards,

I wonder whether this so much talked about Golden Future would ever come or it ever prevailed... because if we read the oldest available manuscripts available with us there is no mention that at that time there was no sin being committed... nobody killed other for materilistic possessions... Before humans there were dynasorus, who ruled on this earth... they were pretty ruthless too when it came down to survival and then came the humans... I am talkning about millions of years ago...

And if there pravailed a Golden Period then why is there no mention or proof of it in the manuscripts... Was it that in the Golden Period there was no language to communicate with each other and hence no manuscripts which would suggest that there ever existed a Golden Period... The oldest availble manuscript is just 6000 yrs old which tells a boy not to indugle in thefts... so where is the Golden Period?

Dont you think that its just a yearning of a person that there should be place where there is all prevading peace and nothing else... no tension... no malice... nothing to worry.... about... I think there is nothing like a Golden Period or Furture and there will never be... Golden Period can only exist in our mind...

Talking about Mythologies... Let us take a look at Hindu Mythology... they believe that Ramayan was written in Sat Yug... but if we start analysing Ramayan... we would find that it is totally based on deception and malice... brothers fighitng with each other... Ram abondoning her wife... Ravan kidnapping otherz wife with bad intensions... everybody fighitng with each other... so where is the Sat Yug or Golden period... we are talking about... Where is the peace or prosperity we are talkning about...

There is no Golden future as such... Its a pure Myth...

Regards

Also like to add:

Kalki is consider as tenth incarnation of vishnu also known as nihalank avatar which will be born at the near end of kaliyuga. He will destroy the wicked people and establish righteousness...unfortunately there is not much here from this book (god will's) on this matter.. But i m tryin to get "Sikh predictions" by surinder singh kohli... whenver i get it.. i ll post some of the chapters on...

sit tight until then :LOL:

Guest Javanmard

The kalki avtar matter is very complex because we're dealing here not just with purely Indic stuff but also with Shi'a and Ismaeli material.

There is a Kalki Purana (translated by Jean Varenne) but J.Varenne himslef says that the Islamic influence on the Purana is quite obvious.

Accoring to Indic sources (Buddhist, SIkh and Puranic) Kalki is the tenth avatar of Vishnu. He is supposed to come at the end of times riding on a white horse. He will come to destroy evil and sinners. He is supposed to stay in a kingdom called Shambhala. Shambala is quoted in Buddhist, puranic and Sikh sources (see dasam Granth).

In the Ismaili ginans (ginans are ismaili compositions ginan=gyan) Kalki avatar is called Nishkalank, the blemishless one.

They say that Nishkalank is the Imam Mehdi.

According to Shi'a belief the 12th Imam, Imam Mehdi will come at the end of time, riding a white horse etc.... He is now in occultation meaning that after having dissapeared in the 9th century. He is believed to stay in a hidden place or a hidden dimension just like shambala.

Some people say that Guru Gobind SIngh is the Kalki avatar and that he will come back at the end of times with his Khalsa to destroy evil. Some of my SHi'a friends even told me that Guru Gobind SIngh may have been an incognito manifestation of the 12th Imam, but then again there is no certainty about it. This lead me to research more on that issue and it's true that the traditions around the 12th Imam and Guru Gobind SIngh are very similar.

Guru Gobind SIngh's khalsa is derived from the arabic root khals. The companions who will fight with Imam Mahdi are the khulas (pure, sincere) from the same arabic root. The 12th Imam is always surrounded by FIVE mystical knights (javanmard) who are a sign of his manifestation, both Maharaj and the 12th Imam attached a great importance to the falcon. The falcon in the shi'a tradition is the symbol of the real Qur'an which is different from the Qur'an we know and stands for mystical knowledge.

A lot of things to think about but in the end what matters is Nam simran and if the the One comes back then my benti is that I may be part of the one who will fight with Him.

• 3 years later...

I thought I'd bring this one up again based on having put the question to my gurdev recently, particularly regarding the differences in opinion regarding when and how to identify Kalki Avtar. His answer was one I didn't really expect for its obviousness, and was quite appropriate I feel. I paraphrase;

Who knows! When and if it will happen, will be when and if it will happen, but the stipulations of Gurbani are eternal! An earnest gurmukh will gain no benefit from persuing and willing such prophecies. The need of the moment according to Gurbani is NOW (Jaap Sahib's 'do kaalang pranaasi' springs to mind). Our obligation is to our own immediate situation and the virtues one should cultivate. This is what our iccha should be.

TSingh I love your gurdev :D what an excellant way to put it.. !

It reminds me of a nirmala baba in patiala whose house I went to .. who also when asked about Kalki avtar, and such other prophecies said..

something along the lines of

"A farmer will sow the seeds and tend to the farm waking each day reacting to the changes too much sun and he will put on the motor to irrigate the fields. Others will stand back waiting for the perfect season to arise, so that they may harvest the greatest harvest and reap the greatest of rewards.

But how do those fools survive while they wait, as their need for sustinance and the ability to give and share only exists in the here and now."

• 3 months later...

kaur-uk, according to rumours within the Namdhari community is SatGuru Ram Singh not already been seen in Germany?

In any event, I believe that Satguru Jagjit Singh has stated that he will not pass away until Satguru Ram Singh returns...I think we all are aware of the unfortunate health of Satguru Jagjit Singh...

...and we are all aware of a similar statement made by the late Baba Thakur Singh Ji of the Damdami Taksal with regard to Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Bindranwale Amar Shaheed...and let's have a good look at what that resulted in (in India and across the World).

yeah have jus recently returned from sri bhaini sahib and patsha ji's health is gettin quite bad, but he still does know what is going on around him and i personally hav compleate faith tht satguru ji know's what he is doing...and i along with loads of others is jus waitin to c wata gwaan n what will happen nxt, i feel a big suprise in store lol, but all jokes aside....i admit its scary not knowin whats around th corner...

From a panthic perspective, they have encouraged and promoted the use of tanti saaj, specifically sponsoring great artists such as Surjit Singh Ji Namdhari to learn and bring back the sarangi vidya (at high level) to Bhaini Sahib. They have also encouraged and supported many other classical singers and musicians, and are highly talented themself.

I beleive they also introduced and promoted classical dancing amongst teh Namdhari men. Would be great if they also promoted and supported Shastar Vidya, as I reckon the classical dancers would make the most talented fighters!